Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3145 Feb 3, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
not ashamed
So what you are from the south. Not everyone is from the south so where I come from its disrespectful to be calling someone other than your spouse those kind of names. You are very disrespectful I will show the mods these comments and let them deal with you. I asked you politely stop shoving your homosexual slurs onto me. You want to be that sick then I will let someone else handle you.
<quoted text>
Classic Native!

And, NO, it is not disrespectful to call anyone those names, ANYWHERE!

In answer to your last post to me:
1)You don't have to say you're Native, Penny, etc. We all know, by your personality and your redundant, word for word responses.

2) Yes, I have been to gyms and I have travelled with friends and family, and never once did I or anyone in those groups "strip naked" in front of anyone else. It's not normal, Native, except in a male locker room, and it's most certainly a classless thing to do.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3150 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahahaha are you really that homophobic?
Not to mention, I'm from the south so calling people shug, darling and sweetie are normal. When I called you dear, I didn't think twice about it, just the way I talk. Then when it got you all unglued, it was just entertaining.
I didn't realize gay people had their own language. You seriously are wound WAY to tight. lossen up a bit darling.
Thank you, hon.

:)

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3151 Feb 3, 2013
tickedoffchic
Wrong, I am not Native so you are only making an ass out of yourself. Why do you continue to lie? Prove I am Native or this Penny character. You all know? Guess you are pretty stupid since my name is not Penny and my nick is Born Again Christian not Native.
Stop calling me Native. You either put up or shut up cause I am sick of your accusations that I am this Native person. Last week Cookie Parker was going around calling Laci and Romans Road Native. So how can I be Native and Romans Road and Laci all be Native? You are an idiot.
Really? Funny I know lots of women in locker rooms that strip naked and even shower side by side in the open and no one is having sex. You and your like most be ashamed of your own bodies. I feel sorry for you.
<quoted text>
Seems that I remember ole Native posting about getting naked in front of others.
Yep, sure do!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3152 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Everyone is born straight. God made male and female. A male and female are heterosexuals. Genetics do not play a part in sexual orientation. What does play a part in homosexuality is child hood sexual abuse and the same gender parent that does not nurture nor show support for the child. I have been doing surveys and every single person I have talked to who are homosexual either come from a home of sexual abuse or they have a parent absent emotional or physically from the home. A parent can be in the home and not have anything to do with their child emotionally. Now please do explain why is that?
<quoted text>
Sorry, but people are born as they are born, and there ISN'T anything you can do about it except make your BOGUS statements!!!

I seriously doubt you have been doing surveys........and even so, those who answer you DON'T speak for ANYONE but themselves!!!

Oh and by the way, genetics, biology, hormones and environmental factors are all part of one's sexual orientation.........and unless you can post something in writing and peer reviewed......all you've done is ask a question and I don't know how many participated in this so called survey or what methodology you used to compile your numbers with!!!

#3154 Feb 3, 2013
tickedoffchic
Wrong, I am not Native so you are only making an ass out of yourself. Why do you continue to lie? Prove I am Native or this Penny character. You all know? Guess you are pretty stupid since my name is not Penny and my nick is Born Again Christian not Native.
Stop calling me Native. You either put up or shut up cause I am sick of your accusations that I am this Native person. Last week Cookie Parker was going around calling Laci and Romans Road Native. So how can I be Native and Romans Road and Laci all be Native? You are an idiot.
Really? Funny I know lots of women in locker rooms that strip naked and even shower side by side in the open and no one is having sex. You and your like most be ashamed of your own bodies. I feel sorry for you.
<quoted text>
Did you forget to where your invisibility cape?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#3155 Feb 3, 2013
OleWazzizName wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any of you homophobes explain away the physical evidence that hermaphroditism provides as to sexual orientation and how it is clearly determined before birth.
For those who don't know what a hermaphrodite is, a hermaphrodite is someone who is born with the sexual organs of both sexes.
To say this was something chosen after birth is just plain nuts.
And hermaphrodites come in many different ways, all determined before birth. Logically this should be ample proof to demonstrate to any reasonably intelligent person when sexual orientation is determined.
Some Christians need to drink a cup of "Mind your own damn business."

#3157 Feb 3, 2013
Really? Funny I know lots of women in locker rooms that strip naked and even shower side by side in the open and no one is having sex.
Yea, it's called GYM CLASS.......or BOOT CAMP......lol!!!

What's your point?

#3158 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
I would never mock someones childhood nor would I abuse them more than they already been abused. I want to know if I am right concerning this thing with a lot of gays and lesbians are products of abuse and because of their abuse they sought out same gender to try and fix what they could not fix as a child with the same gender. Unless you are afraid of people knowing that a lot of homosexuals are indeed products of abuse and their bad home life?
<quoted text>
Sorry, but there are many folks who were abused as a child and ARE NOT Gay or Lesbian.......that alone would blow your theory!!!

#3159 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Excuse me?
<quoted text>
Sorry, no excuse for you.......but go look and see if someone didn't post as a greyboxer.......looks like you!!!

#3161 Feb 3, 2013
I love homosexuals enough to tell them the truth they are wounded and need emotional healing from the trauma they have been through as children. I have no hate in my life my life is full of love for people to not want them to burn in hell.
Gays and Lesbians AREN'T wounded and we don't need the sort of "LOVE" you want to provide and we don't want your choice of religion either!!!

NO ONE'S BURNING IN HELL, it doesn't actually exist!!!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3164 Feb 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called the "Penal Substitution Theory" .... and it's a heresy based upon some heretical musings by Anselm of Canterbury in the 11th Century, and codified by Thomas Acquinas in the 13th Century, termed the "Satisfaction Theory of Atonement", and can be traced backward through many precursor heresies to a part of the Saulian anthology that posits a need for "atonement" at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvation_ (Christianity)#Penal_substitut ion_and_faith
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfaction_the...
This is all part of the study of "Soteriology".
That's what I figured.:)

#3165 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
My point is not everyone who gets naked in front of someone is going to be having sex. Rose Ho I believe is her nick said that when someone gets naked in front of someone else it is to have sex. That is not a true statement. Gym class and Boot Camp are good examples.
<quoted text>
Her nic is Rose NoHo........funny how you blow a gasket when someone screws up your nic, but you do it to others and feel justified........and Rose NoHo is technically correct.....no one get's naked in front of others UNLESS they have to or WANT TO......one is for sex!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3166 Feb 3, 2013
Again for the hundredth time I am not Christian Female
You don't know diddly about the male sexual experience
If you were a male; you wouldn't say the things you say
You would know better; babe
So the impression you're giving is your fault; not ours

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#3167 Feb 3, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, hon.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#3169 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Survey says most women who turn lesbian are those who have been sexually abused by their fathers. Survey also says men tend to go towards males if they have an absent father figure or were raped by another male. Proof hell does not exist please.
<quoted text>
Surveys?? Yes because we know most people are very honest with strangers about their childhoods.
As for hell, I believe it exist because I believe in the bible.
However if you are asking a non believer for proof hell does not exist, they have a right to ask you for proof that it does.
Homosexuality is a trait you are born with, stop trying to make it seem like its from satan. Its not..
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3170 Feb 3, 2013
Proof hell does not exist please.
GOD lives in the Garden of Eden
So do gay people

Hell is packed with divorcees; but if you can find a space; its all yours; baby
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3171 Feb 3, 2013
David and Jonathan were close friends not lovers and just because one took of some of their clothes does not mean there was sex
The fundies rewrote their own version of their 'bible' in 1946; and deleted the juicy sex part of Jonathan and David's marriage because they couldn't bring themselves to be honest enough to spread GOD's Holy Word without changing it
The Authorized King James Bible says Jonathan and David consummated their marriage 3 times in the desert that day; swapping their seed to seal the deal
Read it for yourself and compare it with your fake 'bible'. You'll see
Here is Jonathan and David's marriage found in the 1611 King James Bible:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3172 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Survey says most women who turn lesbian are those who have been sexually abused by their fathers. Survey also says men tend to go towards males if they have an absent father figure or were raped by another male. Proof hell does not exist please.
<quoted text>
LOL. You fundies just don't get logic. Well, here's a lesson. YOU claim hell exists, it's up to you to provide evidence it does. So, what is your evidence hell exists? Unless there is some, there is no reason to believe it exists. Simple?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#3173 Feb 3, 2013
LowellGuy,
If you new the Bible then you would know sin and disease came from the fall of Adam and Eve.
But, other than a story from 3500 years ago, you have no actual EVIDENCE that this is true. And, a story from 3500 years ago isn't evidence, but merely claims and assertions. Until there is evidence to support that, it is rightly dismissed. The time to accept a claim as true as when there is sufficient evidence to support it, and not a second before. Disagree? Bigfoot exists. Do you accept that claim as true?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#3174 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
<quoted text>
If you can't prove bigfoot doesn't exist, does that mean bigfoot DOES exist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 hr petrol 4,739
News Democrats pressure Obama to offer blanket pardo... 11 hr Kiss9180 2
News Video company challenges gay marriage law Thu Shirvell s Shrivel 2
News Were 'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip and Joanna Gaines... Thu Shirvell s Shrivel 18
News Japan's sex problem is so bad that people are q... Wed Dr Modi 1
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... Tue Sco-ttt 2
News Slovenians vote on whether to uphold same-sex m... (Dec '15) Dec 5 fathiwady 13
More from around the web