Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
2,561 - 2,580 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#3039 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. No evidence one is born gay.
oh sorry ... no evidence one is not either... looooser

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3040 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain how homosexuality is not compared to incest and bestiality, when both the APA, science and God did just that. DSM 302 classification and Leviticus 18 class.
Commandment number 9..... though shalt not bear false witness

guess you cant read for crap can you?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3041 Feb 3, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Tony
A Christian would not be using the language you are in here. You are proving our point more and more on a daily basis you do not know Christ as you claim. A Christian does not talk like the world or even act like it.
Yet you think this shithed is? LMAO
Laconic Assassins...
<quoted text>
Oh girl, you are a slimeball!(albeit a dumb one)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#3044 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson,
The Bible is clear Romans 7 shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!! In other words you cannot use grace as a license to continue in sin. We are to come out of alcoholism or drug addiction or homosexuality and stop doing them when we accept Christ as Savior we will no longer want to do these things.
Ya in the world there will always be alcoholics and drug addicts, but when Jesus sets you free from these things you no longer want to go back to them. The world has nothing to offer an alcoholic except the lie they will always be an alcoholic or drug addict.
No, actually I do not live in sin and that is the difference. Sin is when you willfully disobey God. I love God and I am not into willful disobedience.
<quoted text>
Soyry, but any sin is willful. You are lying to yourself.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3045 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>So, did your dad tell you this or was it a gay priest? Just wondering, when you were one minute old did your peepie go boing when you saw THE MaLE DOCTOR? No, then I guess we must look for things that happened after you were born. Like the APA says it is due to socialization and environmental factors. Yes, your parents did it or allowed it, but it was later not in the womb.
Is your mom a lesbian, so you think you inherited the trait? No?
You sure bullshit poorly... are you sure your IQ is only 7? seems a tad bit high..

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3047 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that I am wrong, a bullshitter extraordinaire and so full of crap it pours out my ears..
agreed. now, go stand in front a moving train!

Marysville, CA

#3048 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Willfully disobedience is what gays want a license for. Perhaps, gays will claim that they were both AIDS oriented and that treatment is anti-gay.
What's wrong? The state take your children for abuse? Wife left you for a homeless man? Job fire you for stealing? I know, all dress up, and no one to abuse. Poor baby.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#3050 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed,
Thanks for proving my point again. Tony came from a divorced family and is gay (tony who is posting here). Now we have your daughters best friend who is gay and comes from a dysfunctional family. Seems dad was not there for this young lad and now he is seeking a father figure in other men. I think I have proven just now that being gay is a choice because of shattered broken home lives young men and women abused sexually or a parent that walked out seeks companionship in the gender that harmed them physically, sexually, or even emotionally. If you think I am lying do some research yourself most gay people are from broken homes or have been sexually abused and are now sexually confused.
<quoted text>
Then explain my nephew whose parents have been married 35 years, being gay. He came from a normal, well adjusted home and has been obviously gay since he was a small child. You are a fool. You think you know the bible so well, but you have interpreted it poorly.
Pray about it dear.

Marysville, CA

#3054 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>No, that is not true. Jesus answered this, so i know you do not know Him. You are lying because you are gay. Jesus said " I can say your sins are forgive or you are healed." In other words, sickness and sin are uniform. Who willfully becomes ill and sick, except gays who have unprotected anal sex and get AIDS?
Well in Africa, the majority of people with AIDS are straight. If it was only a gay disease, straight people would never get it. The safest people from AIDS are lesbians.

“I will not keep calm”

#3057 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>No, that is not true. Jesus answered this, so i know you do not know Him. You are lying because you are gay. Jesus said " I can say your sins are forgive or you are healed." In other words, sickness and sin are uniform. Who willfully becomes ill and sick, except gays who have unprotected anal sex and get AIDS?
You are cracking me up. So because Dana is intelligent enough to understand Christ loves homosexuals, that makes him gay? I guess I must be a lesbian then, by your definition.
If you would stop insulting him and start listening you might learn a few things from him about being a christian.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#3059 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you identify yourself by your sexual orientation? You are a man because you have the body parts of a man.
It's called 'justification'...

Marysville, CA

#3060 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed,
None of us ever said God does not love the homosexual. God loves them so much he wants them to repent and come to him and let him nurture them and feel the void they longed for as children and never got from their family.
Dana has no clue what a Christian is or they would not be supporting what God abhors which is homosexuality. Christians do not support sin.
<quoted text>
I have no fear of answering to the Lord about this issue, none. God doesn't support you using him to justify your hatred. There is sin against love.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#3061 Feb 3, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called 'justification'...
and you christians are called stupidification

“I will not keep calm”

#3062 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Your nephew? Is your story like Tony C, he said his dad left at age 5 and now says that he had a normal childhood. Lies.
Besides, you have no idea if your nephew was molested by his dad, his mom, a gay priest or whatsoever.
I have seen many people say that they knew gays who committed suicide, but never knew anything was wrong.
The issue with boys being abused is a huge one, because boys seldom talk and the trauma is massive. See the 95% of RCC gay child abuse cases, 100,000 of them over a 30 year period.
Now, stop lying and go confront your uncle.
Many gay men marry and have children, then abuse both sexes of their children and even give them herpes and AIDS.
You are a total freaking idiot.
First of all, people do not commit suicide simply because they are gay. A person commits suicide when they are clinically depressed.
If a gay person does in fact commit suicide, I would think it would be more about the fact that people like you expect them to live a lie than the fact they are gay. Therefore, using your logic, you are contributing to deaths. How Christian of you.
Now as for your assertion that people who are sexually abused are the only ones who turn out gay, or that if a person is gay they must be hiding some deep dark secret. I raised my alcoholic mother, and was sexually abused repeatedly by my step sisters husband starting at a very young age.
If we used your theory, Shouldn't I now be a lesbian????
Instead of a straight Mormon mother of 3?

“I will not keep calm”

#3064 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed,
You are the fool cause you have no clue if your nephew came from a well adjusted home. Do you know for a fact if he has ever been abused sexually? You were not there 24/7 were you? If not then you do not know what took place behind closed doors. Do you know for a fact his father was a nurturing man? always there for him? or was he one way in front of you and another way behind closed doors? I have not interpreted the Bible poorly, but you have cause you support what God abhors which is homosexuality. Oh, and I am not gay so keep your little "dear" statements to yourself.
<quoted text>
I never said you were gay, but why are you so defensive about it sweet cheeks?

“I will not keep calm”

#3067 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Try to catch up, the CDC already exposed that lie. Nope they would be gay, like in America, Canada, England, Mexico, and Germany. All gays. No, lesbians get HPV and breast cancer, and also have higher rates of suicidal attempts and alcoholism. Try again.
LOL!!! Okay, I know this is gonna sound vulgar but I can't think of any other way to ask. How does having another woman lick your coochie cause breast cancer or hpv??

“I will not keep calm”

#3070 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>God does not love homosexuals, he loves people. People choose to homosexual behavior, just like many gays choose pedophile and bestiality behavior. God does not love sin and Jesus calls all of them the children of the devil.
God wishes all to be sin free, but most gay men even prefer the risk of AIDS and have anal sex without condoms. So, the logic is absent.
Just when I thought I had seen it all..........
Let me ask you a question. If you are a parent, is there anything that your own child could do to make you no longer love them???

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3072 Feb 3, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Dayum.. your a nudist too huh? how about prostitution? How much do you charge and then forgive yourself nightly after your 'bible study' crack meeting?
We're discovering that she's an exhibitionist, now. Yuck!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3073 Feb 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you agree. If YOU use the minority to judge the majority, that's cool, but if someone else uses the minority to judge YOUR majority, that's wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.
When did I ever say that everyone shouldn't have to live by the rules to which they hold everybody else?
One of the best rebuttals yet.

(Still don't know why you feed the trolls, though)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3075 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed,
None of us ever said God does not love the homosexual. God loves them so much he wants them to repent and come to him and let him nurture them and feel the void they longed for as children and never got from their family.
Dana has no clue what a Christian is or they would not be supporting what God abhors which is homosexuality. Christians do not support sin.
<quoted text>
Freudian Christianity!

ROFL !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,462
Women dish on their most embarrassing wardrobe ... (Sep '13) 1 hr Kelly DJ 281
Testimony wraps up in former Va. governor trial 7 hr Natural Disasters 1
At the McDonnell trial, sidewalk visuals drive ... 8 hr Gary 1
Church firing stirs up controversy over same-se... 8 hr Jerald 51
Confronting homophobes 101: Class act lesbian m... (Dec '11) 15 hr Tam Phat 12
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 18 hr TomInElPaso 149
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••