Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

United States

#2963 Feb 3, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
LowellGuy,
If you new the Bible then you would know sin and disease came from the fall of Adam and Eve. The world was perfect before they sinned.
No, I do not reject medicine why should I? The Bible talks about luke being a doctor and I am sure they had all natural medicines back then. What I reject is science trying to make claim gays are born that way when the Bible says the opposite that homosexuality is a sin and that is an abomination before God. Science is not above the Bible. The Bible was here long before science ever was invented and I will stick to what God says not someone who wants to play God like scientist do.
<quoted text>
BAC: "The world was perfect before they sinned."

That entirely depends on your definition of perfect.
Satan was in the world BEFORE A&E sinned. That may be YOUR idea of a "perfect world", but neither I, nor most other people would agree with you.

BAC: "What I reject is science trying to make claim gays are born that way..."

If ALL people were BORN heterosexual, there wouldn't be any homosexuals.
Any heterosexual capable of reasoning should know that.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#2965 Feb 3, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>Since you are gay, thats not you. Only us NAMBLA freaks have supported sodomy bestiality in the military. USC.125.
We prefer pigs, cows and children children when I said "chickens", since I am a chicken hawk! Straights do not have to insult us NAMBLA guys, you freaks enjoy your taglines which is why you dont let us NAMBLA freaks march with you. Because I am proud of my affiliation with NAMBLA!.
disgusting.. you are just utterly disgusting.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2970 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
If we are going to grant special rights because of orientations then we must allow other kinds of reasons to marry also such as group marriages and brothers and sisters to marry.
Says who? You idiots spew out this crap without a single fact to back you up. Maybe that works in your church, but in the real world, you must give a logical reason.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2971 Feb 3, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>No we do not, we make no allowance for marriage based on handedness, so stop lying. Besides, that is just another way you gays want to be allowed to have same sex marriages since most of you are left handed. So, should we allow pedophiles to marry because left handed folks marry?
Pedophiles ARE allowed to marry, dumbass.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2972 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupid thinking again. The Bible is the most read book in history and its influence for good is incalculable.
What does that have to do with Science and reality? Talking serpents and the sun stopping in the sky for a day???? I don't think so.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2976 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. I have to wonder how many of the so-called "Christians" here have homosexual tendencies? How many are fighting their own demons? This level of hatred can only be created from fear, maybe fear of their own feelings.
It's something I try not to overplay. Some people use that just to hurl a general insult at someone, at which point it becomes less effective.

But clearly there are people here on this and other threads who are here to work out their own issues.

I know I exaggerated my "disgust" for gay people when I was in the closet.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2979 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It means they can use both hands for some tasks. Maybe we should give special rights to left handed people like we do to homosexuals? Maybe this should be the new criteria for marriage?
But it doesn't change their orientation.

I could force myself to have sex with a woman if I had to. That wouldn't make me straight. That would make me a gay man forcing myself to have sex with a woman. I would be thinking of someone else and just using her. No good can come of that.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2981 Feb 3, 2013
janeebee,
Yes there would still be homosexuality because it is sex outside of natural sex. Just like there is incest and bestiality. All were born heterosexual, but yet we have incest, bestiality which has always been here also. Homosexuality is caused by sexual abuse and parents who do not nurture their children. Do a poll and ask any homosexual if they been abused sexually or had a father or mother walk out on them in divorce. Many are looking for the nurture in that same sex parent that walked out on them or the one who abused them.
<quoted text>
Homosexual sex cannot be compared to incest or bestiality, hon.
Sex is natural, a natural human action, and it depends on what your sexual orientation is as to whom you have sex with.

There is no way you can ever prove that everyone is born heterosexual.

The rest of your post is just assumptions on your part and has no bearing on sexual orientation.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2982 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupid thinking again. The Bible is the most read book in history and its influence for good is incalculable.
That may very well be true. Its influence for bad has also been pretty staggering.
LowellGuy

Central Islip, NY

#2986 Feb 3, 2013
janeebee,
Yes there would still be homosexuality because it is sex outside of natural sex. Just like there is incest and bestiality. All were born heterosexual, but yet we have incest, bestiality which has always been here also. Homosexuality is caused by sexual abuse and parents who do not nurture their children. Do a poll and ask any homosexual if they been abused sexually or had a father or mother walk out on them in divorce. Many are looking for the nurture in that same sex parent that walked out on them or the one who abused them.
<quoted text>
Lots of assertions, not a shred of evidence. Evidence or GTFO.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#2987 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals can also marry the opposite sex just like everyone else can. To allow people to marry for orientation, left-handedness or anything else is a special right.
If we are going to grant special rights because of orientations then we must allow other kinds of reasons to marry also such as group marriages and brothers and sisters to marry.
Oh you mean light the SPECIAL RIGHTS christards demand .. they have the right to pay taxes on their property and income as do all other americans... They have the obligation to provide contraceptive insurance to their employees as do all other american employers... but oh ya the demand SPECIAL RIGHTS for you know .. a CHOSEN BEHAVIOR... I mean there is no christard GENE you stupid azz FUCKTARD TALIBANGELICAL

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#2988 Feb 3, 2013
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>You are right and they know it. I am waiting for even one gay to step up and say that they had a normal childhood, so far not even one. It is funny that many gays will say that they thought they were gay as early as 5, I wonder when the 3 month old baby boy who was raped by a gay will start thinking he is gay????
oh stfu DORKTOR
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2989 Feb 3, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Says who? You idiots spew out this crap without a single fact to back you up. Maybe that works in your church, but in the real world, you must give a logical reason.
If you want logic then this is the logical progression where this is going.
LowellGuy

Central Islip, NY

#2990 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals can also marry the opposite sex just like everyone else can. To allow people to marry for orientation, left-handedness or anything else is a special right.
Just like everybody had the right to marry as long as it was the opposite sex and the same race. Nobody HAD to marry outside their race, so why create special rights for a minority of deviants?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2991 Feb 3, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with Science and reality? Talking serpents and the sun stopping in the sky for a day???? I don't think so.
The universe having a beginning and the obvious design in nature because of the Creator. I think so.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2994 Feb 3, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
But it doesn't change their orientation.
I could force myself to have sex with a woman if I had to. That wouldn't make me straight. That would make me a gay man forcing myself to have sex with a woman. I would be thinking of someone else and just using her. No good can come of that.
Why do you identify yourself by your sexual orientation? You are a man because you have the body parts of a man.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#2996 Feb 3, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
BAC: "The world was perfect before they sinned."
That entirely depends on your definition of perfect.
Satan was in the world BEFORE A&E sinned. That may be YOUR idea of a "perfect world", but neither I, nor most other people would agree with you.
BAC: "What I reject is science trying to make claim gays are born that way..."
If ALL people were BORN heterosexual, there wouldn't be any homosexuals.
Any heterosexual capable of reasoning should know that.
All men are born heterosexual. Their body parts tell you that they are men. There is no proof any man being born homosexual.
LowellGuy

Central Islip, NY

#2997 Feb 3, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text> Catechism 101: homosexuality is a sin and abomination and all gay freak priests are to be ousted. Catechism 102: divorce is prohibited, gays need not worry since same sex marriage is a stench from hell. Catechism 103: abortion is not prohibited, except in the case of having a gay child. In that case, 3 hell Mary's and a bottle of whiskey and the church forgives you.
LGBT: Catholic church is a hate group.
When you're this stupid, is it painful, or is it more like drifting through a mental cloud of marshmallow fluff?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#2999 Feb 3, 2013
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>Since you are gay, wouldn't that be you. Only you gay freaks have supported sodomy bestiality in the military. USC.125.
Do you prefer pigs, cows or did you mean children when you said "chickens", since you are a chicken hawk? Straights do not have to insult you gays, you freaks enjoy your taglines which is why you let NAMBLA march with you. Because they are you.
You are truly an ignorant jackass. I'm straight you little child f**ker.
You just got busted.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#3000 Feb 3, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals can also marry the opposite sex just like everyone else can.
How do you expect to be taken seriously when you say something like that?

You are encouraging deceiving someone for life. I can't think of a worse non-violent crime. It's far worse than theft of property or money; it's theft of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 10 min Waste Watchers 31,297
Gay marriage news: NC magistrate won't marry co... 21 min Jonah1 143
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 58 min dmw 51
Catholic bishops drop moves to accept gays 1 hr Kent 22
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Boy G 50,582
Democrats praise Republican judge on gay marria... 3 hr KiMare 149
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 hr KiMare 25,269

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE