Could China's Communist Party be forc...

Could China's Communist Party be forced to debate same-sex marriage?

There are 4 comments on the www.scmp.com story from Mar 5, 2013, titled Could China's Communist Party be forced to debate same-sex marriage?. In it, www.scmp.com reports that:

Li Yinhe has said legalising same-sex marriage requires only minor changes to the current marriage law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scmp.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 6, 2013
Not likely.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#2 Mar 6, 2013
SSM marriage would actually be in China's best interest as they are trying to control population. They also have a huge surplus of males. If those who are gay men could come out more easily and were not pressured socially to marry women, it would help the straight guys there have a better chance at finding a suitable bride.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 6, 2013
Wouldn't that be amazing and sad at the same time, if China, of all places,were to give marriage equality to all its' people before the U.S. could struggle into the 21st century?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Mar 6, 2013
I've been chating on skype teh past few weeks with a nice gay guy from communist China. His English is better than many of the Americans who post here. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 min Rose_NoHo 6,832
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... 10 min Tape Worm 2
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 7 hr ilovecars 31,999
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... Fri Latter Day Taints 2
News Intimidation allegations mar Ontario PC candida... Fri nasty bunch 1
News MIA gay marriage heroes Thu The Troll Stopper 4
News Bar patrons keep drinking during armed robbery Jun 22 cantread 3
More from around the web