Cooking Lesson 1 - Follow the recipe

Cooking Lesson 1 - Follow the recipe

There are 6 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jul 8, 2010, titled Cooking Lesson 1 - Follow the recipe. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

So I bit the bullet and bought the fennel seeds. Spending $6.50 for a whole bottle when I only needed a half a teaspoon really rubbed me the wrong way, but if I was going to make "fennel seed coleslaw" I guess I had no choice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

resident

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jul 8, 2010
And this freaking crap is news worhtly , please. I hope to hell who wrote this doesnt get paid for it.
dee

Chino, CA

#2 Jul 8, 2010
resident wrote:
And this freaking crap is news worhtly , please. I hope to hell who wrote this doesnt get paid for it.
LOL!!! I agree! What a waste of 3 minutes....I could have flossed my teeth instead! Ha, ha, ha........
Wendy

Pleasanton, CA

#3 Jul 8, 2010
Ohhhh man! That was a great laugh and even funnier because I could have written it myself! Thanks!
Pinky DGAF

Diamond Bar, CA

#4 Jul 8, 2010
I enjoyed reading this! It was pretty funny! It happens!:)
ItalGal

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Jul 9, 2010
Yeh, go easy on the fennel....I keep a separate pepper grinder filled with fennel seeds for a more subtle touch.

Also, most Stater brothers stores carry spices in bags at the ends of the aisles for about a buck. You obviously went for the stuff in jars, way more expensive, and rarely fresh, oddly enough.
Elvie

San Jose, CA

#6 Feb 1, 2012
Fennel? Seriously? I could whip up an awesome dish with gruyere cheese in 3 minutes than reading this. I get the cheese here btw: http://www.idealcheese.com/gruyerecheese.aspx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Recipes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Outraged over peas in guac? Wait until you try ... Thu Cordwainer Trout 3
News Outraged over peas in guac? Wait until you try ... Thu Miss Id 1
News How to make a Hess's Strawberry Pie (Jun '09) Thu nancywatson123 62
News One sweet dish (Mar '09) Thu nancywatson123 6
News Man enough to get into the kitchen? These books... Jun 30 Iindict ann coulter 2
News Chef Knock-off: Todd Wilbur is a hit at recreat... (Jul '07) Jun 17 Dhpnet 53
News Natural Remedies for a Sore Throat (Nov '12) Jun 16 oceanwild 5
More from around the web