The origin of buffalo wings

Jan 30, 2013 Full story: Helium 70

Buffalo wings are undeniably popular throughout much of the United States and there are a huge number of variations for this dish.

Full Story
TONI

Buffalo, NY

#24 Feb 12, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>
With an idea like that...you strike me as someone who gets your fair share of skin in your mouth.
No, thats me! I love the skin flute!

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#25 Feb 12, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>
With an idea like that...you strike me as someone who gets your fair share of skin in your mouth.
Poor retarded Gump!

How long has this obsession with me been going on now? Its at least 3 years. I still dont get why youre so enamored with me!

I keep inviting you to have a drink, but you never show?

I cant imagine how lonely your life must really be. Poor lil guy.
Honesty Best Policy

Rochester, NY

#26 Feb 12, 2013
An educated consumer wrote:
Why don't restaurants just fry strips of chicken breast and put wing sauce on them? Wings cost more than breasts nowadays, I'd rather eat less skin.
What an excellent concept !!
I'll suggest it to my local bars, restaurants and pizza joints. We'll call them... uh
Chicken Fingers, yeah, that's the ticket.
GeorgeJefferson

Mystic, CT

#27 Feb 12, 2013
They should call them chicken sides instead of fingers.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#28 Feb 12, 2013
Kan-u-ear wrote:
I am totally fed up with this bullshit of Terresa and Frank as being the inventer of ths chicken wing popularity. They never invented the style of the chicken wing that they claim. The true inventor was a BLACK man by the name of John Young who had (as I can remember being 68 years of age and eating there)three locations of restauraunts. one in Buffalo on Jefferson Avenue, One on Broadway and one on Niagara near the Chevy motor plant. I was John who came forth with the chicken wing with a secret sauce formula the was stolen a taken to the Anchor bar by a disgruntal cook. This was the first year that the Buffalo Bills, with Jack Kemp, won the AFL championship and Burger Land was the first Hambuger franchise on Jefferson avenue. There is still standing proof. The anchor bar has made millions so give credit to Mr. Young where it is truly due and stop the national lie.
This sory is quite believable. Especially, when you consider that the wing was once the part that was discarded. Blacks have often made a specialty of foods that others would not eat. All of this is derived from slavery. So, this explanation appears plausible.
FFS-

Buffalo, NY

#29 Feb 12, 2013
TONI wrote:
<quoted text>No, thats me! I love the skin flute!
So does my dad FFS-

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#30 Feb 12, 2013
The origin of humankind 2/12/13
An educated consumer

Clarence Center, NY

#31 Feb 12, 2013
Honesty Best Policy wrote:
<quoted text>
What an excellent concept !!
I'll suggest it to my local bars, restaurants and pizza joints. We'll call them... uh
Chicken Fingers, yeah, that's the ticket.
Not breaded like chicken fingers. They would get greasy enough from the butter in the wing sauce; greasy like your hair, complexion, and personality.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#33 Feb 13, 2013
Uncle Remus wrote:
<quoted text>You could be right. The subject of Nogs and their infatuation with fried chicken has puzzled mankind for centuries, but really isn't all that much of a mystery. Since time began, Nogs scrounged the jungle floor for food -- including scattered grains and seeds that occasionally fell there. The chief rival in this pursuit were birds, who's beaks, claws, and wings were formidable weapons. Nogs frequently got their azzes kicked by large birds, and have hated them with a vengeance ever since. By eating fried chicken, Nogs are celebrating their "triumph" over their former arch-enemies, much as Nogs will cannibalistically consume the flesh of rival tribesman. Nogs enjoy seeing other creatures suffering in a horrible manner. Nogs are sick, twisted monkeys that have no limits to their violence and depravity.
How small can one mind be?
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#34 Feb 13, 2013
Uncle Remus wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right. The subject of Nogs and their infatuation with fried chicken has puzzled mankind for centuries, but really isn't all that much of a mystery. Since time began, Nogs scrounged the jungle floor for food -- including scattered grains and seeds that occasionally fell there. The chief rival in this pursuit were birds, who's beaks, claws, and wings were formidable weapons. Nogs frequently got their azzes kicked by large birds, and have hated them with a vengeance ever since. By eating fried chicken, Nogs are celebrating their "triumph" over their former arch-enemies, much as Nogs will cannibalistically consume the flesh of rival tribesman. Nogs enjoy seeing other creatures suffering in a horrible manner. Nogs are sick, twisted monkeys that have no limits to their violence and depravity.
That is a very interesting theory, but I find it racist and offensive in a way that shocks civilized peoples.

I have reported you to the webmaster
Don Van Vliet

Buffalo, NY

#35 Feb 13, 2013
Uncle Remus wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right. The subject of Nogs and their infatuation with fried chicken has puzzled mankind for centuries, but really isn't all that much of a mystery. Since time began, Nogs scrounged the jungle floor for food -- including scattered grains and seeds that occasionally fell there. The chief rival in this pursuit were birds, who's beaks, claws, and wings were formidable weapons. Nogs frequently got their azzes kicked by large birds, and have hated them with a vengeance ever since. By eating fried chicken, Nogs are celebrating their "triumph" over their former arch-enemies, much as Nogs will cannibalistically consume the flesh of rival tribesman. Nogs enjoy seeing other creatures suffering in a horrible manner. Nogs are sick, twisted monkeys that have no limits to their violence and depravity.
That was the most amazing thing I ever read.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#36 Feb 14, 2013
Uncle Remus wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported
FFS-

North Tonawanda, NY

#37 Feb 14, 2013
Uncle Remus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just copying this in case anyone missed

Buffalo, NY

#38 Feb 14, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just copying this in case anyone missed
"I'm just posting anything using FFS' screen name in the desperate hopes that he will notice me!"
FFS-

Buffalo, NY

#39 Feb 14, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>"I'm just posting anything using FFS' screen name in the desperate hopes that he will notice me!"
you notice me every day....you just don't know it yet. BTW you need a shave

“Why not”

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#40 Feb 14, 2013
Sams has the best raw wings availble on the market thats what i buy and i do make the best wings PERIOD

Buffalo, NY

#41 Feb 14, 2013
poor gump is so in love with me....and on Valentines day too. Thats so adorable!
FFS-

Buffalo, NY

#42 Feb 14, 2013
nfourwheeler7 wrote:
Sams has the best raw wings availble on the market thats what i buy and i do make the best wings PERIOD
I'm sure you make really awesome beer at home too and you know the best place ever to get a fish fry in WNY. F'n douche.
nfourwheeler7

Buffalo, NY

#43 Feb 14, 2013
nfourwheeler7 wrote:
I know what else I'd like in you as well this valentine's day. I'll see you at 9p sharp. bring the oysters!
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#44 Feb 14, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Reported
I already reported him, you you are too late

The webmaster emailed me and said they are going to make him move to a double-wide in Alabama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Recipes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Five facts you don't know about Turkish coffee Nov 20 R_christian_AR 1
Meet Hunter Hayes' Girlfriend Nov 13 They cannot kill ... 1
Council may seek federal inquiry Oct '14 Ligthning 5
The State Journal staff recipes Oct '14 Tyler 1
The Colour House in Melbourne Wins 2014 Austral... Oct '14 Goon bag Foo 1
Wilderness Trail Distillery: Harvest Rum: T.G.I... Oct '14 WhisCay 1
On our table: Transparent puddings... Oct '14 BonnieBrown 2

Recipes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE