Recipe Exchange - September 17, 2008

Full story: The Morning Call

LOOKING FOR Debbie Pinto of Breinigsville is looking for a recipe for marble cake from the former Bob's Bakery.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Feb 2, 2013
Pachacutec

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Reading about potato soup is making me hungry! And we're getting into that time of year when the weather cools down a bit and a creamy soup tastes SO good! I've added sweet corn to potato soup, as well, but then I call it a chowder. Also, adding some chopped leek to potato soup (in addition to the onion) is good.
TRIPLE K

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Pachacutec wrote:
Reading about potato soup is making me hungry! And we're getting into that time of year when the weather cools down a bit and a creamy soup tastes SO good! I've added sweet corn to potato soup, as well, but then I call it a chowder. Also, adding some chopped leek to potato soup (in addition to the onion) is good.
Out of all the soups I make I am not a potatoe soup fan, can you believe that???? I do agree with you on the soups for winter, I will make my french onion soup and simmer it on the wood stove in the dining room, and let it seep there for hours make the hose smell so good!!! but I could never get into potatoe soup, sausage soup with small diced potatoes and a little Anduille sasuage to kick it up a notch but Potatoe as plain is not for me, sounds good looks good, smells good, but not for me!!! Take care and have a great night down there in capital land!!!
DrKyle

Laredo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

OK Does anyone know of any recipes used at Bob's Bakery???? I am looking for their marble cake & the icing! I miss that place so much. Thanks.
Susan

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

DrKyle wrote:
OK Does anyone know of any recipes used at Bob's Bakery???? I am looking for their marble cake & the icing! I miss that place so much. Thanks.
Did you ever find any? I also crave the icing and cake.
Katy Clausen

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I would love to find have the white birthday cake recipe and icing... I come from a family of 8 and that was the highlight of our birthdays. My sisters and I crave that cake! Miss Bob's Bakery so much. Has anyone found a recipe? Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Recipes Discussions

Search the Recipes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Cut A Watermelon in Under A Minute 11 hr They cannot kill a Spook 2
Two Dogs...One Ice Cream Cone Jul 21 Big Johnson 1
French restaurant's 'no Pakistani' rule lands c... (Jan '14) Jul 21 mICHEAL 4
Paula Deen Ventures and Springer Mountain Farms... Jul 19 ThomasA 1
Book Review 'Paranormal Reality: Investigating ... (Nov '11) Jul 14 kristy 2
Recipe Exchange: Chile Rellenos from Gay and La... (Sep '07) Jul 14 Hurt 62
The origin of buffalo wings (Jan '13) Jul 14 Bruce 70
•••
•••