Kiki's machaca plate to be featured o...

Kiki's machaca plate to be featured on Food Network's 'The Best Thi...

There are 100 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 14, 2010, titled Kiki's machaca plate to be featured on Food Network's 'The Best Thi.... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Kiki s owner Paula Yardeni. The menu at Kiki's Mexican Restaurant describes it's famous machaca plate this way - "If they don't serve this in Heaven, you can be sure the angels are coming down here for take-out." Soon the rest of America will discover what El Pasoans have known for decades, it's tough to beat a machaca plate from Kiki's. The Food ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
what

El Paso, TX

#86 Sep 16, 2010
jaba wrote:
I used to live in El Paso. I have to say i miss eating at
Kiki's. Love the Green sauce..
You miss the green sauce coming out of your azzzz? I doubt that. Just stfu you simp
La Cuca Monga

Hobbs, NM

#87 Sep 16, 2010
what wrote:
<quoted text> You miss the green sauce coming out of your azzzz? I doubt that. Just stfu you simp
hahahahaha.... hey, some folks think that is normal after eating at Kiki's Krapi Koockery!

like..... Mr. pharmD
La Cuca Monga

Hobbs, NM

#89 Sep 16, 2010
Arrrrrrr wrote:
The best thing I ever ate was Speedy's coc/k.
oh, cr*p .... not you again, Mr. homo-cochino. They let you out of the holding cell early today!
coca rochas

United States

#90 Sep 16, 2010
pharmD wrote:
<quoted text>
are you judging the looks of the restaurant by the one photo ep times posted ? it does it no justice. but then again your probably some **** mormon from utah.
I think the only moron on this forum is coming from Houston Texas.......just because my server is in Utah, doesn't mean I'm not in El Paso.........MORON!
La Cuca Monga

Hobbs, NM

#91 Sep 16, 2010
well, Arrrrrrrr.... as you can see, it didn't take us very long to get your idiotic q*eer post deleted(post #88).
Try saying something intelligent for a change... and a name change won't get you anywhere either!
Thomas Jimison

El Paso, TX

#92 Sep 19, 2010
James wrote:
Where is this this restaurant?? Am new in town...
The best mexican restaurant in town is at the top of piedras. Take the exit from the freeway and go up!(North)
Kikis Machaca Never

El Paso, TX

#93 Sep 19, 2010
The last time I went to Kiki's I was enjoying their Machaca. About halfway through I got a mouthful of egg shells. I brushed the egg shells aside and tried to take another bite. Since it wasn't hair or something worse I figure it was a simple small oversight. On the next bite I again was crunching on pieces of eggshell. Needless to say I lost my appetite.

I let my wife finish her meal and went to pay. I told the cashier about it and with a you're trying to get over on me look told me that since I had ate part of it she was going to charge me half price. I laughed at her. It wasn't a matter of paying for the meal, even tough any other decent restaurant would not have charged for a substandard meal, it was just to let her know that the cook seriously messed up. My wife told me right in front of her that we'll never eat here again.

I tell my local and out of town friends about this incident whenever the prospect of eating at Kiki's arises. When eating in the local area is a factor, we drive right pass Kiki's and go to the House of Pizza or a bit further down the road to Cappetto's.

The cashiers behavior, cost Kiki's about ten to twelve customers in my circle of friends. At about 15 dollars each meal times 10 times per year, that cashier cost Kiki's roughly $1800 of revenue. Now think about how many other people received the same treatment.

Kiki's your food is good, but you quality control can use improvement. Also, your cashier could use a remedial course in customer service.
Art Lewis

El Paso, TX

#94 Sep 19, 2010
Kikis Machaca Never wrote:
The last time I went to Kiki's I was enjoying their Machaca. About halfway through I got a mouthful of egg shells. I brushed the egg shells aside and tried to take another bite. Since it wasn't hair or something worse I figure it was a simple small oversight. On the next bite I again was crunching on pieces of eggshell. Needless to say I lost my appetite.
I let my wife finish her meal and went to pay. I told the cashier about it and with a you're trying to get over on me look told me that since I had ate part of it she was going to charge me half price. I laughed at her. It wasn't a matter of paying for the meal, even tough any other decent restaurant would not have charged for a substandard meal, it was just to let her know that the cook seriously messed up. My wife told me right in front of her that we'll never eat here again.
I tell my local and out of town friends about this incident whenever the prospect of eating at Kiki's arises. When eating in the local area is a factor, we drive right pass Kiki's and go to the House of Pizza or a bit further down the road to Cappetto's.
The cashiers behavior, cost Kiki's about ten to twelve customers in my circle of friends. At about 15 dollars each meal times 10 times per year, that cashier cost Kiki's roughly $1800 of revenue. Now think about how many other people received the same treatment.
Kiki's your food is good, but you quality control can use improvement. Also, your cashier could use a remedial course in customer service.
Sometimes those women in the kitches get too darn lazy or comfortable. Trust me i've crunched on those eggshells as well. Not a pleasant experience.
Dallas Dahl

Seminole, FL

#95 Sep 20, 2010
Kiki's??? Ugh! Cholera, anyone? Food poisoning, anyone? That is one nasty dump!
Chiara

Seminole, FL

#96 Sep 20, 2010
amazed wrote:
and this means?????
<quoted text>
Mexican food is atrocious. Being European, we never touch the stuff. You won't see Spaniards or Italians or even the French come anywhere near Mexican food. Plus my good friend, Anne, is Chinese and a physician. She contends that Mexican food is the "unhealthiest" cuisine in the world. Nasty!
machaca

El Paso, TX

#97 Sep 22, 2010
Chiara wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexican food is atrocious. Being European, we never touch the stuff. You won't see Spaniards or Italians or even the French come anywhere near Mexican food. Plus my good friend, Anne, is Chinese and a physician. She contends that Mexican food is the "unhealthiest" cuisine in the world. Nasty!
Spaniards, Italians or French? All lowlife and cowardly races. And Chinese are the dirtiest people on earth next to Mexicants.
migliore di sempre

El Paso, TX

#98 Sep 22, 2010
machaca wrote:
<quoted text> Spaniards, Italians or French? All lowlife and cowardly races. And Chinese are the dirtiest people on earth next to Mexicants.
HAHA wow someone is in desperate need of attention.
Chiara

El Paso, TX

#99 Sep 22, 2010
migliore di sempre wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA wow someone is in desperate need of attention.
Must be one of your desparate latino relatives.
ued

El Paso, TX

#100 Sep 22, 2010
Chiara wrote:
<quoted text>
How come there is no dogs and cats running loose in China? The big thing in France is to put a big "S" on the top of French cars, so they can say "Look At That S Car go".I will pass on those snails and frog legs,that's the reason they are called frogs.Pizza and Spaghetti gets old real quick.What is Spanish food, can you find it out side of Barcelona?Never herd of a Spanish restaurant.I thought it was just another way of saying Mexican.Mexican food is the best and if you do not like it at all, means you have tangleitis.Your rectal nerves get tangled up with your visual nerves and you get a dirty out look on everything,including food.
geez

Austin, TX

#101 Sep 25, 2010
Chiara wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what else is unhealthy? Your attitude. Chinese food btw, is loaded with sodium...aka salt.
Melindallas

Plano, TX

#102 Oct 4, 2010
SunCityCynic wrote:
When Aaron Sanchez is featured as a judge on "Chopped," he can be a hard a$$ at times. I have to laugh, can't take a guy who thinks Chico's Tacos is the best thing he's ever eaten seriously when it comes to judging gourmet.
If I remember, the episode was something like "The Best Thing I Ever Ate...With My Fingers" or something to that effect. And, by the way, Chico's has a HUGE following. Doesn't mean you have to like it, but don't denigrate those who do.
Les

Oceanside, CA

#103 Dec 2, 2012
I had the Chicken Macahca & it was one of Best Things I Ever Ate!! I have been craving ever since my road trip through El Paso! Anyone know how to make their Green Chili????
What

El Paso, TX

#104 Dec 2, 2012
Les wrote:
I had the Chicken Macahca & it was one of Best Things I Ever Ate!! I have been craving ever since my road trip through El Paso! Anyone know how to make their Green Chili????
The best thing that your fat ass ever eat in el paso was a fat grubby trucker at the petro truck stop you filthy POS
What

El Paso, TX

#105 Dec 2, 2012
Comment 104 posted by idiot too stupid to develop his own moniker8
Kikis

El Paso, TX

#106 Dec 2, 2012
What wrote:
Comment 104 posted by idiot too stupid to develop his own moniker8
Your breath smells like Les's manchaca. I wonder why that is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Construction under way on Trevioli Italian Kitc... Nov 30 Will Dockery 1
News Italian eatery Trevioli grows from storage unit... Nov 30 Will Dockery 1
News Forced Out Of Crimea, Tatar Restaurant Finds So... Nov 12 PolakPotrafi 8
News Pipeline protest site a city unto itself with s... Nov '16 Hillary Sucks Vomit 2
News Where To Eat Succulent Roasted Chicken in Chicago Nov '16 BetweenMyLegs 2
News New Southern cooking eatery is Columbus womana ... Oct '16 Will Dockery 1
News Voters agree media biased against Donald Trump Oct '16 WasteWater 86
More from around the web