Banjul to Freetown by taxi

Banjul to Freetown by taxi

There are 2 comments on the News24 story from Jan 28, 2013, titled Banjul to Freetown by taxi. In it, News24 reports that:

During my time in wild west Africa I started using the phrase "howbe?", when greeting a buddy, so the cry in Ghana would be "'owbe Tjaali!!" and the response would range from '' 'no bad my brudder" to "managing small". The latter indicates ruff! times and worry - often said with a forlorn expression and sometimes an omen of a Passive Mugging Event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

joekemoh

Guinea

#1 Jan 30, 2013
During your last visit,did you get any embarrassment with cu-storms for Documentations ? Because Guinea/Sierra Leone they need bribes to them self, more Guinea.......Guinea is still not free from picking money from Travelers
chris

Triesen, Liechtenstein

#2 Mar 3, 2013
The border between Guinea and Sierra Leone is truly embarassing for both countries as bribes must be paid in each and every single hut of immigration, military, police, customs... on both sides (that means about 10 times). Then on the way to Forecariah there are several more useless roadblocks to steal money from travellers even when all papers are in order. The roadblocks in Guinea are a cancer. The worst of all is at km36 direction Kindia. Makes you wonder if there is any kind of government at all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some Colonel Sanders fans find new KFC ads dist... 12 hr Bill 5
News Dickey's Barbecue Pit May 22 Dominiqe 1
News Chamber honors 'the best' May 19 Taxed 9
News Popular Enid, Okla restaurant planning Fort Smi... May 18 HasAClue 2
News Cinepolis To Make Connecticut Premiere At Bridg... May 16 American Gentlema... 2
News Some mighty tasty burgers at Willy's May 7 Brainiac of Beaco... 4
News WellSpan opening new specialty hospital in York... (Jan '10) May 2 Captain Obvious 47
More from around the web