Original Pizza Pucks rolls back into Vacaville

There are 20 comments on the The Reporter story from Jan 26, 2013, titled Original Pizza Pucks rolls back into Vacaville. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Looks like the warm, gooey goodness of the "pizza puck," born and bred in Vacaville, will be staging a comeback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

vallejo707

Vallejo, CA

#41 Feb 7, 2013
should've opened in vallejo, the old wendy's location near century theaters. I love pizza pucks and will for sure go there, but they would have more successif they located west more
Wade of the Redwoods

Santa Clara, CA

#42 Feb 7, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was a "great idea" then it would still be around and wouldn't have gone under in the first place.
If you are "of the Redwoods" why is your ISP location in union city?
Stupid browser, don't know why it showed Union City... Eureka actually. As far as why it went out of business, ask the thousands of others who went out of business in this country during this continuing recession, I'm sure it wasn't because all of them had bad products or services as you seem to generalize.
Steve

Lafayette, CA

#43 Feb 7, 2013
Wade of the Redwoods wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid browser, don't know why it showed Union City... Eureka actually. As far as why it went out of business, ask the thousands of others who went out of business in this country during this continuing recession, I'm sure it wasn't because all of them had bad products or services as you seem to generalize.
It all depends on your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and where they base their servers. I'm in Vacaville and utilize ATT.net . But with a dynamic IP Address, my server location shifts daily. It may be in San Jose one day and Union City the next and in Berkeley the next.
Dontaye

San Francisco, CA

#44 Feb 8, 2013
Great place for my first job. Awesome staff and owner. Warm friendly environment in top of delicious pizza pucks!!!! Cant wait for it to open back up, going in there in my old employee shirt :)
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#45 Feb 13, 2013
OH NO! Just saw a Pizza Hut commercial for Pizza Sliders.......... Pucks have been copied; the end is near before it even started..........
Dave

Concord, CA

#46 Feb 15, 2013
A Thought wrote:
OH NO! Just saw a Pizza Hut commercial for Pizza Sliders.......... Pucks have been copied; the end is near before it even started..........
They are nothing like pizza pucks!! Not even close.. And pucks can't be copied... Sliders are nothing more then small pizzas... Pucks are not small pizzas... They are like cinnamon rolls with pizza inside..
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#47 Feb 15, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
They are nothing like pizza pucks!! Not even close.. And pucks can't be copied... Sliders are nothing more then small pizzas... Pucks are not small pizzas... They are like cinnamon rolls with pizza inside..
"I" know that; "You" know that, but the average person doesn't and unfortately PH has more money to advertise than PP. I like the Pucks and wish them well..........

Since: Aug 10

Vacaville, CA

#48 Feb 15, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so it's a small Calzone. That sure doesn't sound too hard to duplicate to me. Maybe the reason none of the big boys are selling them is because there really is not a market for them.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#49 Feb 15, 2013
I wonder if the shape and style of the pizza puck is copyrighted
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#50 Feb 15, 2013
Food can't be copyrighted; only the names & such can be righted and trademarked....

That's why more than McDonald's can make hamburgers and all the chains keep recipies a secret. Jack in the Box cannot use Big Mac, but... The Bonus Jack sells well..........

Recipies can't be righted either, but a cookbook can. Therefor you can reprint recipies from a cookbook, but not the book in the same form.....

Pizza Pucks would have a hard time on Shark Tank.

Now, this one is for you, The_Solution... You can have a nice cold one too at Pizza Pucks!!!!

:-)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#51 Feb 18, 2013
Steve wrote:
There is no good pizza west of New York.
Our best discovery this year, has been Homerun frozen pizza, from Chicago and sold in grocery stores...most amazing frozen pizza ever....Of course, my wife also adds some diced onions, peppers and often garlic and mushrooms.....Best home pizza ever.....
Steve

Castro Valley, CA

#52 Feb 18, 2013
I think that Pizza Pucks would have a very difficult time competing with Pizza Hut now that they're making "Pizza Sliders." Pizza Hut has the economic advantage of being a global corporation and all the resources that come with it.

Still, I stick to my claim that, except for a trip to Rome & Naples a few years ago, I've not had a decent pizza since leaving Manhattan for California 38 years ago. However, I do wish Pizza Pucks the best of luck and, out of objectivity, I'll give it a try when & if they open shop.
Rickster

Fairfield, CA

#53 Feb 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Our best discovery this year, has been Homerun frozen pizza, from Chicago and sold in grocery stores...most amazing frozen pizza ever....Of course, my wife also adds some diced onions, peppers and often garlic and mushrooms.....Best home pizza ever.....
If you think the frozen pizza is good, you should try it fresh in Chicago. I grew up on the south side of Chicago and that pizza was a staple in my diet for many years.

I hope you enjoy it Chicago style. That being cut in squares and not in slices. You will end up with four little diamond shaped pieces. I always referred to them as pizza bites.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#54 Feb 18, 2013
Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think the frozen pizza is good, you should try it fresh in Chicago. I grew up on the south side of Chicago and that pizza was a staple in my diet for many years.
I hope you enjoy it Chicago style. That being cut in squares and not in slices. You will end up with four little diamond shaped pieces. I always referred to them as pizza bites.
Thanks...i grew up in Park Forest, on the far southside...even delivered pizzas as a kid....live in FL now, and wife is great at dressing up frozen ones.....I do miss steak and green peppers and much of the ethnic foods...especially greek and italian.....
Steve

Castro Valley, CA

#55 Feb 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks...i grew up in Park Forest, on the far southside...even delivered pizzas as a kid....live in FL now, and wife is great at dressing up frozen ones.....I do miss steak and green peppers and much of the ethnic foods...especially greek and italian.....
Florida? Here in Vacaville, I sure wish we could get deep fried Conch Fritters and a cold tankard of beer like I had at Sloppy Joe's Bar in Key West!

Vacaville, CA

#56 Feb 19, 2013
Dontaye wrote:
Great place for my first job. Awesome staff and owner. Warm friendly environment in top of delicious pizza pucks!!!! Cant wait for it to open back up, going in there in my old employee shirt :)
I went by there on Friday and not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. This has got to be the slowest remodel in history.
Ramon

Vacaville, CA

#57 Feb 19, 2013
So tell us wise one, why not give us your take on things. Oh by the way, come on by when we open. I will be glad to help you

Concord, CA

#59 Feb 20, 2013
Ramon wrote:
So tell us wise one, why not give us your take on things. Oh by the way, come on by when we open. I will be glad to help you
What are you saying Jer, are you giving up on the failing insurance office and planning a new career as a pizza slinger?

My take on. Things is that either the guy doesn't really have the capital that he thought he. Had or he is having second thoughts on the crappy location where every food joint before him failed miserably, or a combination of the two.
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#60 Feb 20, 2013
Bad location: this guy doesn’t seem to be the brightest bulb in the pack.
Pizza Time

Vacaville, CA

#61 Feb 21, 2013
Adam Lambert wrote:
Bad location: this guy doesn’t seem to be the brightest bulb in the pack.
Let me help you all out, I can see you have never built anything in Vacaville! I have been involved in numerous building projects in this town and it always takes longer than any other place I have ever dealt with. And I heard that the city is trying to also add an SI Fee of around 30K when that has been paid by previous developers. IV seen restaurants take up to a year to get built in this town, its ridicules. And as far as the location? Pizza Pucks draws and it's almost impassable to get a location with a drive thru in Vacaville. Soooo, don't be so quick to judge someone or something you know nothing about. Unless of course you own successful restaurants yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WellSpan opening new specialty hospital in York... (Jan '10) 12 hr Captain Obvious 47
News Chamber honors 'the best' 15 hr southsider 3
News Spam, Pony Burgers And Other Weird Food Trucks ... Sat unspotted boy 3
News Area Religion Services Apr 26 Esther 1
News Central Florida holiday bits and bites Apr 25 Tazo 3
News The 44 best restaurants in America Apr 20 jstrong196 1
News Bulgarian Scientists Develop First Space Greenh... Apr 19 SpaceBlues 1
More from around the web