Leominster has two all-alcohol licenses left and eight business...

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

A Chinese restaurant, Italian eatery and pizza shop are among the eight business proposals being considered for the city's two remaining all-alcohol pouring licenses.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Any new licenses should first be offered to existing businesses. Not "gonna be's..
concerned citizen

Westford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

sounds like a couple of gangstas are in that group trying to get their hands on those licenses. Can you guess which ones?
Fizbo

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Didn't the desert get their license? There are signs in the windows saying that and a lighted sign portrays drinks being served.

"I'd like a shot of JD with my apple pie please!"
Hoover

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Give it the Jack Hoover he'll follow through, just ask Fitchburg. He hasn't a pot to **** in.
Interesting

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Fizbo wrote:
Didn't the desert get their license? There are signs in the windows saying that and a lighted sign portrays drinks being served.
"I'd like a shot of JD with my apple pie please!"
In the article it states she currently has a beer and wine license.
Luther Manning

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
In the article it states she currently has a beer and wine license.
Correct, they now serve beer and wine along with the desert menu.
Mike

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

If you think anyone but politically connected developer Jimmy Xarras and Deano’s cousin, local bookie Frank Iacaboni has a shot at getting one of Deano’s "suddenly available" liquor licenses, you just moved to Leominster this weekend. Let's see who drops off the fattest envelope in the corner office…
The real leo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Cold stone pizza is a good idea I wonder if dear old dad who is in federal lock up in NY will be having a drink anytime soon?
Ben Jerry

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

The real leo wrote:
Cold stone pizza is a good idea I wonder if dear old dad who is in federal lock up in NY will be having a drink anytime soon?
Is this the same chain as Stone Cold Creamery? Fantastic business but I wasn't aware they ventured into Pizza. Why wouldn't this guy just open another Paisano's instead of buying a franchise.
Luther Manning

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

I recall ElDente had a BYOB policy, but the City Council put a stop to that(?).

Vodka and gin at a desert bar? Weird
combination IMHO.
Jimmy

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

I agree with Mike, the crooks at Leominster City Hall have already decided whos gonna get what... Forgettaboutit....
Luther Manning

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

My vote is on XARRAS getting the license...
Tom Tucker

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

I'm surprised that Ricker didn't go for another one. He could have told the Alc. board that he was opening the cities first pudding bar and they would have rubber stamped it. Personally, the city does not need any more liquor establishments. The blue marlin and it's sister restaurant, the grill, have no customers and the more cheap gin joints will hurt others. But, I would say that the clear winners in this battle will be the members of the board who provides this license. They'll all be driving upgraded vehicles this spring.
The real leo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

I agree with Mike, Frankie Jr will drop off a fat sac of $ to get the license . He is just like his father a piece of crap talk tuff but no backbone. They think there some "MOB" but just common wantabe's dear old dad with 15 to serve maybe we can give Jr a slice of pizza when he hits the can as well
Fizbo

Sudbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Luther Manning wrote:
My vote is on XARRAS getting the license...
I agree on the Xarras angle. It's who you know to pay off, and not about the rules.
Mickey Malph

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

The real leo wrote:
I agree with Mike, Frankie Jr will drop off a fat sac of $ to get the license . He is just like his father a piece of **** talk tuff but no backbone. They think there some "MOB" but just common wantabe's dear old dad with 15 to serve maybe we can give Jr a slice of pizza when he hits the can as well
Aside from being a coward with your tough talk and allegations from behind your keyboard, you have the grammar of a 2nd grader. Why not walk up to Frankie, inside Paisano's, and talk your trash. Don't think it would be a good idea.
msh7134

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

POPTHEPERVS wrote:
Any new licenses should first be offered to existing businesses. Not "gonna be's..
i "bet" i can guess who'll get it ...any takers?
The real leo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

hey ralph malph I have had my runs ins with Jr when the extorted my book.... well they backed off then and he knows not to get in my face again.The allegations are all public record maybe if you took your head out of your butt you would know this. Check out the articles in the Telegram as least they report the truth. Like or not. would you like to come to my business I have free time today to discuss further.
Mickey Malph

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

The real leo wrote:
hey ralph malph I have had my runs ins with Jr when the extorted my book.... well they backed off then and he knows not to get in my face again.The allegations are all public record maybe if you took your head out of your butt you would know this. Check out the articles in the Telegram as least they report the truth. Like or not. would you like to come to my business I have free time today to discuss further.
Shouldn't you have named yourself "the real lover of thick man juices" you p-r-i-c-k. And sure, just let me know were you are and I'll gladly continue any discussions you'd like.
The real leo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Mickey Malph wrote:
<quoted text>Shouldn't you have named yourself "the real lover of thick man juices" you p-r-i-c-k. And sure, just let me know were you are and I'll gladly continue any discussions you'd like.
union and tisdale house(white) on corner sitting in lawn chair waiting go get your boy Jr b-i-tc-h

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dining Discussions

Search the Dining Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Norwegian bans smoking on balconies Sun BUH WAH HA HA 2
'100 percent authentic Mexican' Taco Rey expand... Jul 19 Plantcityresident 1
At the Ends of the Earth Jul 16 Ahab 1
Man bites crocodile: Taste of Saskatchewan star... Jul 14 shykra paul artsdiscuss 1
Philly Fun Jul 13 GoldenGator 12
Cicala's Italian Pizza serves up friendly servi... Jul 11 Larry Grover 1
Minneapolis: Town Talk Diner to be reborn with ... Jul 9 cowboy chris 1
•••
•••