For the curious, the goods on Bake Ov...

For the curious, the goods on Bake Oven Inn

There are 17 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 10, 2008, titled For the curious, the goods on Bake Oven Inn. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Several observant readers who drive the back roads of northern Lehigh County have written and called in the past few weeks to report activity in and around the Bake Oven Inn at 7705 Bake Oven Road in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Jeff

Catasauqua, PA

#1 Feb 10, 2008
Just a suggestion for the woman who has gift certificates for Minsi Trail Inn. I'd recommend going to the attorney general anyway.
Even if the owner didn't get what he expected from the restaurant's sale, he is still responsible for refunding your money. It's something that could be dealt with in bankruptcy court.
JCP

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Feb 10, 2008
Gift certificates to local businesses and restaurants just aren't the great gift that they once were. Unless you are giving one to someone who you know is going to use it right away, it's better to give gift certificates to national chains with many locations, or not to give gift certificates at all. A lot of people, when they receive a g.c., have this mentality that it's best to hold on to it "for a rainy day." When you do that, that's when you end up getting burned, as in the case of the Minsi Trail Inn closing. That said, I knew the owner, and he was a wonderful man. I'm sure that he and the family feel terrible. I think that perhaps he/they were too generous for their own good.
leave them alone

Bath, PA

#3 Feb 10, 2008
Dear Ms. Bley:
The owners of the Minsi are great people!...things fell through for them...tough times. it happens to some families. So could you please take a step back and leave them alone!
bad column

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Feb 10, 2008
ever since the mcall fired Kurt, this column really is horrid
bad column

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Feb 10, 2008
leave them alone wrote:
Dear Ms. Bley:
The owners of the Minsi are great people!...things fell through for them...tough times. it happens to some families. So could you please take a step back and leave them alone!
great people dont fail, only failures fail, for that the Minsi people should be ashamed of themselves
bad column

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Feb 10, 2008
leave them alone wrote:
Dear Ms. Bley:
leave them alone, when they ripped off people.... no can do, these people need to be held accountable for the scam they ran by defrauding honest americans

“aka MOB”

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem

#7 Feb 11, 2008
My question is....were they selling the gift certificates right up to closing time? Or did they stop when they new closing was emminent?

To me that makes all the difference.

“aka MOB”

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem

#8 Feb 11, 2008
Personally, I never saw the big deal about Minsi Trail. I ate there a couple of times because my husband's grandmother would get us gift certificates. Eventually we just started throwing the gift cert's out.

It was way too pink in there for me. It would give me headaches. Plus it seemed like a senior citizen hang-out. Nothing agains sr's but it's not my scene. Not yet.
Muszynski in Mayfair

Chattanooga, TN

#10 Feb 12, 2008
Dear Mark and Catherine,
We wish you well with Curious Goods At The Bake Oven Inn. Mark & Catherine we are very proud of you!
Mary Louise, Brittany, Daniel & Grace Muszynski
Bonnie at Bookbinders

Wilmington, DE

#11 Feb 13, 2008
Philadelphia is going to miss such a talented chef as Mark Muszynski. I hope the diners at Curious Goods at the Bake Oven Inn will appreciate Mark's talents in the kitchen and Catherine's warm hospitality in the front of the house. Center City will never be the same.I cannot wait until you open. Good Luck you two!!!
johna worth

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jul 9, 2008
I have eaten at the Curious Goods Resturant formerly The Bake Oven Inn. I have been there at least six times since they opened.
The food is wonderful, Service and Personnel all Very nice and Friendly. I drive from Philadelphia, approximately one and a half hours to eat there. That is how good the food really is. I am a very picky eater and the Owner/Cook makes sure that all the food is to my expectations. For a resturant to care this much about their customers make it worth returning. No matter how far, it is worth the travel. All the Customers in the resturant are the Friendly. You really feel at home when you are there. Owner and Hostess Catherine always makes you feel welcome and at home. Very clean and homey atmosphere. I hope to see you there the next time I travel up for dinner. Bon Apitete.
John Muszynski

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jul 9, 2008
You make a Dad proud Mark/Owner and Executive Chef of Curious Goods formally The Bake Oven Inn. You and Your Lovely Wife Catherine have fulfilled your Dream to have your own Resturant. Well you have done a Wonderful job. The Resturant is Wonderful and the Food is Melt in your mouth Wonderful. The ambiance is
warm and wonderful. I will never be able to let you know how PROUD I am of the both of you. Keep up the Good Work and your business will grow from having a great reputation. You have done a wonderful job of hiring such a great and friendly staff. Be good to them and they will be good to you. Eating there is like eating with a larger family. You have such friendy and warm customers. Love Dad
jean and louis

AOL

#14 Jul 13, 2008
We drove up from Philly to check it out. It actually took less than 1 1/2 hours from Mannyunk ... The food was really delicious -- after a short walk to the top of the hill to get a view of the beautiful countryside, a cold draft beer (served in a chilled glass!) hit the spot. Then a wonderful selection of pate's made by Mark, fresh arugula salad with blue cheese from Oregon ... rack of lamb, and peach cobbler ice cream made locally with fresh roasted peaches ... everything was so good... Good luck to you!
Moose Family from Philly

AOL

#15 Jul 31, 2008
Congratulations Mark and Catherine for an excellent review.Your hard work and determination has made your dreams come true.We wish you much success for the coming years.Mark is an excellent chef--he is always coming up with amazing and delicious dishes and desserts--which are soooo good.Catherine is warm and friendly.She aims to please and does an excellent job.Mark and Catherine are the perfect--loving couple and that is why Curious Goods at the Bake Oven Inn will be successful.We wish you continued success!!Good Luck!!
Jim from Germansville

Mahanoy City, PA

#16 Aug 6, 2008
I live 5 minutes from Curious Goods at the Bake Oven Inn......We enjoyed a fabulous dinner last night. We will be regular customers! The entire dinner was exceptional....Great Job!
kimberly roman

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Aug 8, 2008
My Mother took my two children and Me to the Curious Goods for Dinner. The resturant is an hour away from home, but well worth the trip, Everything was exquisite. The food was fabulous. Service was great and very friendly. My children are 2 and 3 years and they were welcomed with open arms. Catherine made their stay happy with books to read and finger puppets to play with while they were there. The childrens menu was great. They had the chicken tenders and french fries with juice to drink. Mark is an exquisite chef. Catherine and Mark are very friendly owners. Always trying to meet all the needs of their customers. At the end of the meal, the children got an extra special treat. They got to feed the fish in the pond out front and listen for the frogs. All was enjoyed by the whole family and we will be back. Thank you for a wonderful evening. Good luck with the resturant,everything was wonderful.
holly and joey roman

Lansdale, PA

#18 Oct 21, 2008
i had fun at curious goods resturant. the food was good. we got ice cream that was real good.catherine let me and my brother feed the fish. that was fun. mommy and mom mom took us there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dining Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where to eat in London's Chinatown Thu Aspartame 2
News Do they eat turkey in Turkey? (Nov '09) Feb 15 3p2rjhoi2 8
News Jimmy Kimmel Absolutely Butchers Gay Wedding Ca... Feb 11 Rainbow Kid 17
News Sweet or Tangy - That is the Question for Fluva... (Mar '11) Feb 5 USE FARTS 2
News Come on, baby, do the locomotion (Aug '10) Jan 29 FART SUPPORTERS 2
News Topgolf looks to build in Albuquerque Jan 27 stupid 2
News 10 Toronto Steak Houses That Sizzle Jan '18 other sizzle 1
More from around the web