Lobbyists spend big bucks on dinners,...

Lobbyists spend big bucks on dinners, other tabs for lawmakers

There are 3 comments on the Bellingham Herald story from May 2, 2013, titled Lobbyists spend big bucks on dinners, other tabs for lawmakers. In it, Bellingham Herald reports that:

After the legislative day ends at the Capitol, it's common for lobbyists and lawmakers to meet for dinner at one of several - usually higher-end - Olympia restaurants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bellingham Herald.

PassionatePatrio t

United States

#1 May 3, 2013
THE FAT-CATS, voted into their jobs by "The People", in Olympia and every other state capital should have to brown-bag it and eat on the grass by the un-kept lake that sits below our beautiful capital built to house the people WE vote into office to work for US - not CORPORATE AMERICA OR THE GOVERNMENT - while the lobby-type folks, who wine and dine them payed for those brown bags, stand on brown wooden box's to tell them, in front of the public, why they should have the vote of the politicians who were elected to speak for US - THE AMERICAN BACKBONE - CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - NOT for companies who gain their "spending money" buy charging us outrageous, over-inflated prices.

This should be occurring with consistency and COMPLETE transparency. It should be against law for any persuasion to be given in lieu of truth and honesty to gain support or sway voting.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
TOO MANY ARE GOING WITHOUT: THEY CAN'T EAT, THEY CAN'T PAY BILLS, THEY CAN'T ENJOY LIFE -
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET IT RIGHT?

WE NEED HONEST, REAL PEOPLE WHO CONDUCT THEMSELVES WITH INTEGRITY AND HONOR IN OUR POLITICAL SEATS OF POWER AND WE NEED LOCAL CITY WATCHDOG GROUPS OVERSEEING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM. WATCHING HOW THEY RUN OUR AFFAIRS WITH REGARD TO LAWS AND PROTECTING AMERICA'S CITIZENS. MAKING SURE OUR REPRESENTATIVES VOTE IN "OUR" BEST INTEREST, NOT IN THEIRS OR THE POWER OF THE ALMIGHTY BUCK.
WE NEED THIS NOW.

If you're thinking to yourself right now that we have these measures of self-protection in place - think again! This article alone is witness that we do not.
George the Great

Olympia, WA

#2 May 3, 2013
I like what this poster has had to said. Mainly, we need to be watch dogs over spending; including education. I remember a day when my HS had a secretary, a attendance personal, and a full time nurse for a school that totaled 1,000. Now there are three times of admin support for local schools. What happened? Good times gone bad so what do we do now? Dean of Students back in the day was a multi job with being vice principal and Dean. Do we really need this must staff for our schools to function? Seriously, we are bleeding our government dry and this is only one example. Imagine the waste at the State level.
George the Great

Olympia, WA

#4 May 4, 2013
Burger Flipper wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know george ? You hump those sheep 24/7 baaaa
lol.....bwaaaaaaaa. Original, Concordia, placing your hobby on me, sheep lover....very original. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I'm just surprised that you took time away from your 'lovers', bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Nov 29 BillyD 125
News Tin Man Brewing Co. makes a move to Kokomo Nov 17 Now_What- 1
News Gay Bars Boycott Yuengling Beer After Owner Com... Nov '16 Frogface Kate 22
News MillerCoors unveils largest solar array of any ... (Jan '15) Oct '16 Apprentice Polygamy 6
News Pikes Pub: Rising cost of Colorado brewfests sp... Oct '16 Maggie 1
News Tap Into Your Wild Side At Bridgeport Zoo's 'Br... Oct '16 Samuels Furnace Man 5
News Downtown Tupelo hosts progressive craft beer ta... Oct '16 Waste of Money 14
More from around the web