Harar: Here, passion runs high

Jun 13, 2013 Full story: Mail & Guardian 16

Harar feels old. It transports you back to the seventh century, when it was founded by Yemeni immigrants.

Full Story
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#3 Jun 14, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
I just love harar.
Being a bisexual welfare queen, I am not surprised. Harar is a city of homosexuals. Famou western homosexuals lived there such Arthur Rimbaud and Richard Burton.
And, I think you love it because that's where your mom lost her virginity to your dad and you were conceived there.

I don't like reading articles whose authors do not reveal their names. By authorship etiquette and legal reasons, you have to publish at least your name and phone or email address. In the absence of these two, your physical address.

I am sure, you don't care, but the article is promotion of Christianity and a specific history of a tribe, probably Amara.
I have seen videos of British writers accompanied by Christian guides. They specifically ask for Christian guides.

Thanks so much for your Muslimhood. Thanks so much for ability to read and understand English.
General Ali

Fairfax, VA

#4 Jun 14, 2013
Namaga wrote:
<quoted text>Being a bisexual welfare queen, I am not surprised. Harar is a city of homosexuals. Famou western homosexuals lived there such Arthur Rimbaud and Richard Burton.
And, I think you love it because that's where your mom lost her virginity to your dad and you were conceived there.
I don't like reading articles whose authors do not reveal their names. By authorship etiquette and legal reasons, you have to publish at least your name and phone or email address. In the absence of these two, your physical address.
I am sure, you don't care, but the article is promotion of Christianity and a specific history of a tribe, probably Amara.
I have seen videos of British writers accompanied by Christian guides. They specifically ask for Christian guides.
Thanks so much for your Muslimhood. Thanks so much for ability to read and understand English.
shut up gurage / pronounced---gura---gay--! You are a worthless scums. Gurages are gay buttholes. Sick and sissy bitches skkking amara penis. So tell your sissy bitchy gura--gay-- monkeys, how coward gay they are!
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#6 Jun 14, 2013
General Ali wrote:
<quoted text>shut up gurage / pronounced---gura---gay--! You are a worthless scums. Gurages are gay buttholes. Sick and sissy bitches skkking amara penis. So tell your sissy bitchy gura--gay-- monkeys, how coward gay they are!
I am more Oromo side. I am not Gur-gay.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#7 Jun 14, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
Harar is a very diverse city. In case you didn't know there are many gurages there. As a matter of fact, one of the richest guy in harar is a gurage man. Anyways, the Amhara of harar is quite different than the Amhara of other parts of Ethiopia. They have assimilated with people of great city of harar ever since their arrival in late 19th century.
Try to understand the written word. It's not about Harar's ethnic diversity, which I have not denied. The writer's plot or central intension is the main point here you should find out when you read. To my understanding, it's that Harar is conquered by Christianity; proof exists in their established cultural instituions such as churches and bars.
The writer indicates the homosexual history of Harar by feminizing it; referring to the town as 'she or her', not by the gender neutral identity of 'it' for such things.
About Gurages there. You remind of a Gurage political leader from Harar who was constantly harassed by unknown thugs in Harar. He was the leader of the Gurage Democratic Front. New and little known by then in around 2003/2004. He left Harar due to the harassment and came to Addis to live. Shortly, he went missing. His family reported him missing to the Ethiopian Human Rights Council. At that time, Prof.Mesfin Woldermariam was the chairman and reported it on his website. I have not heard anything from his organization, or any one from then on. It's sad Gurages live so carelessly and negligently about what matters to them as a community.
Dawit BaGa

Brussels, Belgium

#8 Jun 14, 2013
Namaga = the crazy Aslamy called ALi<X
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#11 Jun 14, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how hard you try to make me hate Harar, you won't succeed. My love for Harar is firm and unshakable.
Dumb askari. I was teaching English reading and comprehension.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#12 Jun 14, 2013
Dawit BaGa wrote:
Namaga = the crazy Aslamy called ALi<X
I wish I had a bomb; I would blow you to pieces.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#14 Jun 15, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
I was teaching you how fact n owell-knthe wgreat the city of Harar and its inhabitants are. I am pretty sure you have never been there.
No you were not. You posted an article you thought it was talking positive things about Harar because you are not literate enough to read and understand English literature. I was telling you how to read and understand English documents. The article actually states that the town established by Yemeni Muslims is conquered by Christians, that they established their churches which become the become the city's identifying landmarks and that they also established their cultures of food, drink and language writing script. It also acknowledges Harar's historically well-known record as a homosexual resort town which hosted writer Richard Burton of England and poet and gun runner Arthur Rimbaud of France.
But, why bother about an Ethiopian city? It's not your anyway.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#16 Jun 15, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
" The problem is not the book, it is the reader ". Got it ? The main point of the article is about passion, love, hospitality, and friendship of harar residents. You , a self claimed English professor, focus on side stories of the article. You are missing the point. If I ask you to summarize the article, what would you write ? What is the writer trying to tell his readers ?
You are right. I think I should do shisha to be as smart as you are.
Any way, it's an Ethiopian town, not Eritrean, whatever it's. It's not yours. Period. I mean, is this your period time Africaman11? You show lots of mood swings. that's why I ask. Ask HOA girl, to lend you from her tampons to reduce anxiety.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#18 Jun 15, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
I have attachment to the city and people of harar. That's why I care. Unlike you, I have been in harar several times.
You are tourist to a foreign city. Don't you wish Eritrea has such a city? You must have enjoyed it with your BF? That's fine, Harar is historically well known for such things.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#20 Jun 15, 2013
mecheqacheq twejalesh dem aitesh new. Okay, it will be over in 3-4 days.
Anchi yeharer bushti. You go there to fck, don't you? A sex tourist. That's what you are.

QQQQQ, coward? me? Anchim wend honesh, pimp.

Born and raised in Merkato, played with Gurage kids. All that nonsense. Many Indian, European and middle-east foreigners' children do that. They eat our foods, go to our schools, date our girls, speak one or two or even more local tongues. They work in Ethiopia for pay like yourself. Those who believe they are Ethiopians may take civic and moral duties which are dangerous. that's me the Ethiopian. They are Ethiopians willing to pay sacrifice. But, you said you're Eritrean and will be there as long as you can exploit it. Such as to come to US for studies offered to Ethiopians.
You won't fight in a war for Ethiopia against Eritrea because you hate Ethiopia. Silly little man! Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Bi-!
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#22 Jun 15, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
I have rapped many gurage kids; cuz of that my dck smells like "qocho" and "qesa" lol
Pedophile, I would expect you would confess your crimes to an Imam but not to the internet public. chemlaqa werrada!

No doubt, you go to Harar to meet people like you. Many did love Harar such writers Richard Burton and Arthur Rimbaud.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#24 Jun 15, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just kidding man. I ain't that type. I am a proud Muslim.
I am not sure. Your life style matches those kind of persons. If not pedophile, I am inclined to believe you are bi-. No doubt in mind, you are sex tourist to the Bangkok of Ethiopia. Many westerners still frequent it with their Christian guides.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#26 Jun 15, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you talk shiit about harar ? you are probably the only Ethiopian who hate harar. What surprises me is that you have never set a foot in Harar. Idiot !!
I go there because I have attachment with the city and residents of harar. Besides my mother lived there. When I see my mother, I see Harar in her.
I talk what I talk based on knowledge. From documented facts. I see it in you. An addition to the already abundant proof about Harar. Your shisha, barccha, smoke, alcohol, perverse sex. All stamped on your very face.
Namaga

Mississauga, Canada

#28 Jun 15, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not denying my love for bercha, shisha, smoke, alcohol, and sex. However, that's doesn't make me a bad person.
Harar isn't what you think it is. It is very unique place in Ethiopia.
It's historical records, man. Not my creations. Certainly Europeans homosexuals lived there and visited it. They had local customers. It's homosexual fame, who started, Arabs or who, not determined, in my readings.

My otherwise dormant knowledge of Harar from readings is prompted by the article you posted. Even the writer refers to it as 'she'. he may be a male role player in two-gay relationship. for sure, he knows Harar. I have seen a video shot by a British writer and a Harari Christian guide, probably Amara.

I am not say you are a bad person. bad person is evil, myopic, wish ill to others at least if not commits evil acts to hurt others. I only said your life style is suspicious. I may be wrong. because nothing is what it appears to be.
Blk Amero Bro

Edmonton, Canada

#29 Aug 2, 2013
Sorry for changing the subject, but can someone tell me what "hisab tikazay yiker" means translated into English. Thanks In advance to who ever translates it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Hops to open beer bar near downtown Jan 22 Leachmark707 1
Go in Hokkaido: Snow, onsen and 300+ beers Jan 22 WOMKENPAGIOMIDEBD... 5
Pa. Lawmaker: Yuengling Snubbed at Gov.'s Inaug... Jan 16 Rusty Straub 2
Pennsylvania Lawmaker Claims Yuengling Beer Is ... Jan 16 PayOff 1
The outrage of wasteful government spending Jan 15 katiexyz 1
Brewery Sorry for Gandhi Beer Jan 8 DILF 8
I see a bright 2015 on tap for beer Jan 3 Milton Bornwithat... 2
More from around the web