Lion Nathan to withdraw Castlemaine X...

Lion Nathan to withdraw Castlemaine XXXX from UK market

There are 4 comments on the Domain-B story from Jun 10, 2009, titled Lion Nathan to withdraw Castlemaine XXXX from UK market. In it, Domain-B reports that:

Australian brewer Lion Nathan is preparing to withdraw its Castlemaine XXXX Australian beer from the UK following its failure to find favour British palates, more accustomed to ale, stout and bitters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Domain-B.

John Williams

Cumnock, UK

#1 Aug 21, 2009
As a regular Castlemaine Customer I am extremely disappointed with the decision taken by the brewery to remove Castlemain from its product list - Perhaps the decision is premature and more thought should have gone into a marketing strategy as in similar lager products from Autralia (that cannot be named)...... or alternatively making the listing of Castlemaine more lucrative to suppliers - thus increasing revenue.... Comments from one of your most loyal customers of 20 years + - Who is now sadly a former customer.............
Alex Nettel

London, UK

#2 Sep 14, 2009
I'm a little late finding this. I'm a big fan of Castlemaine XXXX and so I am very dissapointed to see this happen. Like John Williams said, the fault isnt with "the British pallet". Many largers such as Stella Artrois, Carling and even the other Austrailian beer F****** have found great sucess here. The problem is with limited distribution to pubs and bars and the lack of publicity Castlemaine XXXX has recieved.
SBB

Perth, Australia

#3 May 16, 2010
"Limited publicity?" What about the Paul Hogan campaign?
Ron

Wanstead, UK

#6 Aug 24, 2013
Sad so sad they removed it .. Better then others brands.. Just no ads on xxxx .. Will miss xxxx as its the only beer that I feel good on ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kombucha is the next craft beverage craze in Ro... Sat ChicFilA Janitor 2
News BrewDog envisions beer museum in Columbus, Scot... Apr 10 They cannot kill ... 1
News 5 things to do in Halton Hills this weekend, Ma... Mar '18 places to drink eh 1
News Restaurateur feels bite of economy (Aug '08) Mar '18 Deirdre 23
News Drink craft beer for a good cause at the Housto... Mar '18 Gettysburg Sausag... 5
News America's Oldest Beer Brand Hires a New Agency ... Mar '18 marketing woes 1
News America's Oldest Beer Brand Hires a New Agency ... Mar '18 marketing woes 1