Tom Chang

Ellerslie, GA

#5619 Jan 31, 2013
I am seeking other Vietnam veterans that needed an arota valve replacement as a result of arota stenosis.

I was on a site several months ago and another marine on LZ Baldy also had the same condition.
alexy

Sacramento, CA

#5620 Jan 31, 2013
VA has treated me good; I did most of leg work for claim VSO only had to file, All you need is the words ischemic heart diease and have boots on ground

Since: Oct 12

Alexandria, VA

#5621 Feb 1, 2013
alexy wrote:
VA has treated me good; I did most of leg work for claim VSO only had to file, All you need is the words ischemic heart diease and have boots on ground
ive had 4way heart operation 2/10/2012 pasemaker implant 3/10/2012 va has accesto all my medical records sinse 3/15/2012 they have my dd214 and they know i was in vietnam 1969/1970 i know where and when i was there so all va wants is for me to pass away so they can put another dead ass in a claims chair so there you go
alexy

Sacramento, CA

#5622 Feb 1, 2013
My original claim was filed in 1998, VA went that far back took a long time but I out waited them. Good luck to all.
Scottoo

Washington, DC

#5623 Feb 1, 2013
billieu123 wrote:
<quoted text>ive had 4way heart operation 2/10/2012 pasemaker implant 3/10/2012 va has accesto all my medical records sinse 3/15/2012 they have my dd214 and they know i was in vietnam 1969/1970 i know where and when i was there so all va wants is for me to pass away so they can put another dead ass in a claims chair so there you go
You're very perceptive. Beside that, what's your point? Thousands of vets are awarded disability every month.why do you feel they don't like you?

Alexandria, VA

#5624 Feb 2, 2013
Scottoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very perceptive. Beside that, what's your point? Thousands of vets are awarded disability every month.why do you feel they don't like you?
none of my comments are about vietnam vetrans its the claims dept i did not ask to be jercked away from my family and less than 3 months after i turned 18 and sent to vietnam to breath dixon for 9 m0nths 2 days 24/7
Arizona

Glendale, AZ

#5625 Feb 2, 2013
Hello all Vietnam Vet, just got My claim for ISH 100% back to November 2009. My thanks goes out to the V. A.
Scottoo

Washington, DC

#5626 Feb 3, 2013
I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying. Find a good VSO to help you. Stop blaming the VA. I think that, unfortunately, you can not communicate your situation, properly or misunderstand what the VA wants or, is telling you. Good luck.
Billy from Detroit

Westland, MI

#5627 Feb 4, 2013
Scottoo wrote:
I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying. Find a good VSO to help you. Stop blaming the VA. I think that, unfortunately, you can not communicate your situation, properly or misunderstand what the VA wants or, is telling you. Good luck.
I have tried to explain to him the process. If you have documented your file. And continue to jump up and down it won't make the process any faster! Every time you initiate a outside process it takes your file out of rotation and guess where the put it when they get it back? You need to be more patient. I know it's difficult but give it a try. When they do approve, you will be paid from the date you submitted your claim.

Alexandria, VA

#5628 Feb 12, 2013
vietnam/vetran 10% serice connected how long does bennies last for medical service
bitsnpieces1

Gainesville, FL

#5629 Feb 12, 2013
For the 10% service connected treatment, until the day you die. As to how much it depends on the percent rating at the time.
billieu123 wrote:
vietnam/vetran 10% serice connected how long does bennies last for medical service

Alexandria, VA

#5630 Feb 12, 2013
bitsnpieces1 wrote:
For the 10% service connected treatment, until the day you die. As to how much it depends on the percent rating at the time.
<quoted text>
right now im 10% hoping for a better rating on my heart condition if it ever gets in thanks for info
alvin thomas

Stanley, WI

#5632 Feb 13, 2013
Just denied appeal ...
alexy

Sacramento, CA

#5633 Feb 14, 2013
Do not give up, I know it's frustrating, I'm at 90% paid at 100% uneployabilty, Break down is 10% hearing 10% IHD 70% PTSD un reviewable. What I wrote earlier did most of paper work only VSO had to do is file. I now have claim for diabetes, it's not easy living with all the problems
Halrow

Brooklyn, NY

#5634 Feb 14, 2013
Do not Blame the VA in your claims ,that may be
taking a long time.The reason is that the claims
from newer veterans mixed with Vietnam vets who
woke up very late ,as to entitlements linked to
Agent Orange Dioxin .have all put a huge backlog
of many millions of additional claims to be worked.
The VA under the direction ,and skill of Mr Eric
Shinseki created better compensation efforts for veterans not seen for 40 years....Have patients
as the VA works out a method of speed to these
claims.....yes there was issues with past systems
with IBM ,but i understand the VA is working to correct and speed up more accurate claims payments.
Keep the faith and keep a healthy spirit as claims
are in working mode....also president Obama is
strongly dedicated to protect and defend the earned
benefits and veterans well deserved compensations.
Halrow

Brooklyn, NY

#5635 Feb 14, 2013
Tom Chang wrote:
I am seeking other Vietnam veterans that needed an arota valve replacement as a result of arota stenosis.
I was on a site several months ago and another marine on LZ Baldy also had the same condition.
Mr Chang what year were you on LZ Baldy ?I was with the 4th Division , fighting on LZ baldy in 1967..Remenber the high
elefant grass? Well at least we had that tall grass back in 67.There
was lots of incomming rounds back then...well we held LZ Baldy then
left on Chinook chopers to another location .We wound up later in a five hour battle in the foot hills of Duc Pho...My Army Commendation
medal reads "while serving as Fire Team Leader" .i was point man in
that 5 hour Battle ...we yelled...we charged...we engaged the enemy
and we won the battle.... G-d Bless America !

Since: Jan 12

Oklahoma City, OK

#5636 Feb 20, 2013
My brother and I both received 100% with unemployability added in.
I received within 5 mo and my brother as well. But I did my homework the VA will give you what your due if you take the time to have all your records and paperwork in order when you file. Sitting on your butt and waiting for someone else to do your leg work will add lots of delay. Every Vietnam nam vet that has honest claim will be taken care of. But it has to be a claim that fits 38 you can have heart problem that does not fit under what ISH claim covers. Or if you don't point out when and where you served in nam and don't provide documantion of course it will take more time. All this belly aching and whining is getting old. Some here have been saying same crap for 2 years that I have been checking in on this site. Always bitching but many just don't qualify for compensation. That's just a fact. Those with true claims filed in the correct way and have Included letters supporting claim will get what they are entitled. So for all of you who have filed real claims don't listen to these nay Sayers you will get your claim hang in there. All the best to you thanks for your service good luck.
viking1948

Beaverton, OR

#5637 Feb 20, 2013
Brad47 I agree with everything you said...But please understand that for some reason some claims are decided in a very short time and others take years. I am in the bracket of years. I did all the paperwork and had pages and pages of documentation from 1998. I filed a claim in Nov 2009 and was given a 10% rating back to 2003. I think many vets get frustraded because after they summit there documentation the VA still does not get it right. I had documentation from my private Dr. and from VA Doctors and still they could not get it right. Like I said I filed in 2009 received award Dec 2010 (Dec 28th) and filed NOD Jan 8th 2011. Contacted VA Dec 2012 and I have docummentation from VA telling me that it would be another 24 to 36 Months. Worst case would be I will get a decision on my NOD from 6 to 7 years after I filed my first claim. Now I am NOT belly aching or whining. But 6 to 7 years after I did all the paper work and this is where I get frustrated. My paper work from DR's showed LVEF 50 and Mets 3. That is where I am upset. If the people who make the decisions would of read the paperwork I gave them the worst I should of got was a 60% rating if not 100%. Now because they did not do there work correctly after I did mine the right way I have to wait for another 2 to 3 years for a decision because THEY did not do there job. Makes me think that the claim workers cannot read or write ENGLISH. Thanks for listening !!!!

Alexandria, VA

#5638 Feb 20, 2013
viking1948 wrote:
Brad47 I agree with everything you said...But please understand that for some reason some claims are decided in a very short time and others take years. I am in the bracket of years. I did all the paperwork and had pages and pages of documentation from 1998. I filed a claim in Nov 2009 and was given a 10% rating back to 2003. I think many vets get frustraded because after they summit there documentation the VA still does not get it right. I had documentation from my private Dr. and from VA Doctors and still they could not get it right. Like I said I filed in 2009 received award Dec 2010 (Dec 28th) and filed NOD Jan 8th 2011. Contacted VA Dec 2012 and I have docummentation from VA telling me that it would be another 24 to 36 Months. Worst case would be I will get a decision on my NOD from 6 to 7 years after I filed my first claim. Now I am NOT belly aching or whining. But 6 to 7 years after I did all the paper work and this is where I get frustrated. My paper work from DR's showed LVEF 50 and Mets 3. That is where I am upset. If the people who make the decisions would of read the paperwork I gave them the worst I should of got was a 60% rating if not 100%. Now because they did not do there work correctly after I did mine the right way I have to wait for another 2 to 3 years for a decision because THEY did not do there job. Makes me think that the claim workers cannot read or write ENGLISH. Thanks for listening !!!!
way to go viking its not that the claim workers cant read they are trained to pro long claims willnot pay for the mistake for using bio wepons on us and brad48 keep your comments to your self i did not ask to go to vietnam i was forsed

Alexandria, VA

#5639 Mar 22, 2013
what to do with vcaa notice responce

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Veteran Affairs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monroe County Veterans Discount Card 2 hr nickbo13 4
Military Service "Not Good Enough" 8 hr Jaimie 5
VA Official First To Be Fired Over Falsified-Re... 21 hr Viet Nam Vet 1
Boy scout honors Veterans through Eagle Scout p... Fri AdS 1
Report: VA Officials Did Union Work During Scandal Thu Viet Nam Vet 1
Library Bookshelf: Cozy up with 3 new mystery n... Oct 23 bookworm1986 1
Tampa Bay area veterans hospitals train on hand... Oct 23 Liberal forever 1

Veteran Affairs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE