Heart Disease added to Agent Orange V...

Since: Oct 10

Massapequa,NY

#4754 Aug 27, 2011
Linda

I don't believe that income is a factor for DIC but it is if you applied for a death pension.
Was your husband receiving disability compensation for his heart disease. I believe that would be a requirement for DIC. Someone more knowledgeable than me can give a better answer but I would guess that you were turned down for the death pension. If you have a local veteran rep they should be able to help you understand the decision.
Hope things work out for you.

Dave
waycon1

Peoria, AZ

#4755 Aug 28, 2011
I just want to thank all the veterans out there, But I would like to address the spouses., My husband was 90% & had filed a claim 9/10 for 100%. He waited & waited even going to the VFW about every 3 wks., On April 8th 2011 for a pinched nerve went for an MRI 2 1/2 later came down and was transfered to another hospital. I was then informed that my husband had spinal cord injury. The doctors asked about a car accident. There was no car accident. Wayne was a quadroplegic & the prognosis was not good. Wayne signed a living will. He died April 14, 2011. VA cut me off. I have no benefits. What ever your spouse is getting when he is alive You will not receive when he passes. I have been fighting them. They still have not taken responsibity for his injuries. I have been to 3 lawyers so far. Do to the limited funds they will not fight this So the VA gets away with injuring or even killing our vets. The VA gives the widows no support at all. We have stood by our vets but they how have caused the illnesses refuse. I have sent Senator McCain & my Congressman & have not heard back. They probably have to review. There is only 3 ways Wayne could have received this injury, car accident, a fall, playing sports. He was dropped by the staff trying to move him from the MRI table back to the gernie. I was in the hospital & they never came to get me. Please make sure you stay close to your spouse. Ask questions & don't sign a living will. I was told by an attorney, it just relieves the responsibility of the hospital & if anything like this happens its on you for abiding by the paper. I am still fighting for an attorney with balls that will go up against the VA & fight for Wayne. He was affraid to go the VA hospital. I guess he had just cause. You should no have to fight for what is yours. You have fought enough. And I feel that the VA should not cut any funds once the Vet had died. After all WE have stood by these men, not them
USAVet1

Choctaw, OK

#4756 Aug 28, 2011
waycon1 wrote:
I just want to thank all the veterans out there, But I would like to address the spouses., My husband was 90% & had filed a claim 9/10 for 100%. He waited & waited even going to the VFW about every 3 wks., On April 8th 2011 for a pinched nerve went for an MRI 2 1/2 later came down and was transfered to another hospital. I was then informed that my husband had spinal cord injury. The doctors asked about a car accident. There was no car accident. Wayne was a quadroplegic & the prognosis was not good. Wayne signed a living will. He died April 14, 2011. VA cut me off. I have no benefits. What ever your spouse is getting when he is alive You will not receive when he passes. I have been fighting them. They still have not taken responsibity for his injuries. I have been to 3 lawyers so far. Do to the limited funds they will not fight this So the VA gets away with injuring or even killing our vets. The VA gives the widows no support at all. We have stood by our vets but they how have caused the illnesses refuse. I have sent Senator McCain & my Congressman & have not heard back. They probably have to review. There is only 3 ways Wayne could have received this injury, car accident, a fall, playing sports. He was dropped by the staff trying to move him from the MRI table back to the gernie. I was in the hospital & they never came to get me. Please make sure you stay close to your spouse. Ask questions & don't sign a living will. I was told by an attorney, it just relieves the responsibility of the hospital & if anything like this happens its on you for abiding by the paper. I am still fighting for an attorney with balls that will go up against the VA & fight for Wayne. He was affraid to go the VA hospital. I guess he had just cause. You should no have to fight for what is yours. You have fought enough. And I feel that the VA should not cut any funds once the Vet had died. After all WE have stood by these men, not them
WayCon1 - First DO NOT pay to get help! Help is there for you and your Veteran Husband yes even if he has passed. get in touch with LINK: http://www.nvlsp.org/ : it's FREE they fight for Veterans rights!
NAME: National Veterans Legal Services They will fight for you FREE you can also call them or write them via the web site and with a U S Mail address - Make sure you have ALL your paper work in order yes from day one a DD214 to time in vietnam to medical paper work what ever you have will help them and help YOU!

Do not give up and do not walk away from this - There is help and it's out here trust me.

Go to there web site and read what NVSL has done for past veterns to today Vets:

Do it Monday to get your help working for YOU!

http://www.nvlsp.org/
The Mad Man

Glendale, CA

#4757 Aug 28, 2011
USAVet1 wrote:
<quoted text>WayCon1 - First DO NOT pay to get help! Help is there for you and your Veteran Husband yes even if he has passed. get in touch with LINK: http://www.nvlsp.org/ : it's FREE they fight for Veterans rights!
NAME: National Veterans Legal Services They will fight for you FREE you can also call them or write them via the web site and with a U S Mail address - Make sure you have ALL your paper work in order yes from day one a DD214 to time in vietnam to medical paper work what ever you have will help them and help YOU!
Do not give up and do not walk away from this - There is help and it's out here trust me.
Go to there web site and read what NVSL has done for past veterns to today Vets:
Thank you, very helpful info. Make sure to pass this on.
tom4d

Newton, AL

#4758 Aug 28, 2011
Had a C&P for PTSD last about 20 mins was ask questions personal not vietnam questions. He had one plain paper that he wrote on, no questions on any stressors, said he didnot want to get upset. He explain he could spot a phoney right off. Ask if he had my file he pointed to a stack. He said I was an honest person, my problem was did that mean I was honest or honest phoney. Confused

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4759 Aug 28, 2011
tom4d wrote:
Had a C&P for PTSD last about 20 mins was ask questions personal not vietnam questions. He had one plain paper that he wrote on, no questions on any stressors, said he didnot want to get upset. He explain he could spot a phoney right off. Ask if he had my file he pointed to a stack. He said I was an honest person, my problem was did that mean I was honest or honest phoney. Confused
Well I have said this many times in the past about C&P Dr's - They get medical information via the computer about YOU and some paper work also - Now what is said frome the time you hit the door of the Dr's office is noticed! What you say what you do how you act and how you answer the Dr's questions. He ask HOW are you today and YOU say fine or OK or A OK is all writen down - trust me they work for the VARO and have to go by there rules and are paid by the VA.
Does not matter what your there for ALL the C&P'S have to job todo and are they for US the Veteran? I do not think we will ever know for sure.

I do know what a t C&P send to the VA and VARO matters and the claim you waiting for ALL hangs on what he or she wrote in the C&P medical paper work going to the VARO via computer:

I wish you luck........

Location hidden

#4760 Aug 28, 2011
Linda wrote:
I received letter today from VA denied my claim compensation for my husband who died of heart
disease March 2011. My husband served in Vietnam
68-69. Denied based on my income (18,000)I did
not know this claim for Agent Orange exposure
is based on income. Am I wrong?
WHat I would do is get intouch with http://www.nvlsp.org/ Veterans Service org they work for free for veterans and yes wifes - I would give them a email fill them in on what went on and what is going on and what U S mail you got from the VA. I would have ALL the paper work from your husband from his DD214 to medical files you might have and any paper work from Dr's VA or outside Dr's - orders - what meds he was on and was on at the time of death - dates when first heart problems - Have this and seek help ASAP - DO not give in or give up!
There is free help out here for YOU on any Veterans claims or service connection and yes even as a wife you have rights and laws for YOU also:

I wish you much luck and all the best: Link:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4761 Aug 28, 2011
waycon1 wrote:
waycon1. I just wanted to say my heart goes out to you. My husband has been dead 21 years. He fought until the day he died for the VA to take responsible for what was happening to him. I filed when he died and was denied. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers in hopes that the VA will do the right thing by you.
1st Cav Trooper

Chicago, IL

#4762 Aug 29, 2011
Any Vets experienced or having lower leg pain? For the past couple of weeks I have pain starting just behind my right knee and extending down to my foot. My calf muscle is very sore and tender and usually the pain is worse as I stand....anyone being treated or have been treat for this???
OTHER BROTHER

Uniontown, PA

#4763 Aug 29, 2011

Location hidden

#4764 Aug 29, 2011
1st Cav Trooper wrote:
Any Vets experienced or having lower leg pain? For the past couple of weeks I have pain starting just behind my right knee and extending down to my foot. My calf muscle is very sore and tender and usually the pain is worse as I stand....anyone being treated or have been treat for this???
NO but from what you are saying and feel leg wise I would say it Could be a blood clot / not a Dr. but any time you have pain like this YOU need to see a Dr. If it is a clot it can move and go to your lungs or heart - if it hits the lungs you will not breath well and more pain and if it moves to the heart your DEAD!

It's better to go get it checked out and be a nerve then a clot.

Wish you luck.......
waycon1

Peoria, AZ

#4765 Aug 29, 2011
USAVet1 wrote:
<quoted text>WayCon1 - First DO NOT pay to get help! Help is there for you and your Veteran Husband yes even if he has passed. get in touch with LINK: http://www.nvlsp.org/ : it's FREE they fight for Veterans rights!
Thank you for the information I did send them information, Now I'm waiting for a reply I do hope someone HELPS me with this I did not mention that the injury was equal to a BROKEN NECK Will keep you posted Thank you & GOD BLESS
Scottoo

Washington, DC

#4766 Aug 29, 2011
alvin e thomas wrote:
I am a 1966 Vietnam Veteran who suffered 4-5 Ischemic Strokes in 1996. I was turned down in 1997 for a claim for this. Now I have another claim in, now that VA has recognized Ischemic as Agent Orange related. I also have hypertension, sleep apnea and low vitamins. I was only 53 when I suffered these strokes. Congressman Filner has a bill in supporting US Navy Veterans who congress deliberatly elimanated from VA claims for Ischemic Strokes. VA should be closed down!!!! They needed a new director and claims agents. The agents should have fought this like mad.
Oh, garbage. The VA had nothing to do with that. It was the Congress who establisheed the criteria, fool. Shinseki lost a foot in Vietnam. He knows war. Stop passing on nonsense.Brown water Navy is eligiblde. Show me where it is not.
henry stewart

Maumelle, AR

#4767 Aug 30, 2011
Please tell me how Nehmar laws apply to disaboed veterans. I thought great we are finally going to get some back pay but now I don't know, Does anyone kow?
jjmatej

Bremerton, WA

#4768 Aug 30, 2011
henry stewart wrote:
Please tell me how Nehmar laws apply to disaboed veterans. I thought great we are finally going to get some back pay but now I don't know, Does anyone kow?
Henry, you can view the NEHMER training guide on the following website:
http://www.vawatchdogtoday.org/uploads/Nehmer...

Basically if you filed a claim for Ischemic Heart Disease in the past up to 1985 and was denied you are eligible for retroactive back pay. You must have filed a claim and have been denied. Being diagnosed with IHD and filing an actual claim are not the same.

John
Nowhereman

United States

#4769 Aug 30, 2011
henry stewart wrote:
Yes, start reading the "previous" pages of this site and you to will know what to do or expect when dealing with the VA.
Carl

United States

#4770 Sep 1, 2011
We received a call today telling me that my claim had been rated. She could not tell me the percent. She said that the notification was pending concur. Does anyone know about how long this will take?
Shawn

Memphis, TN

#4771 Sep 1, 2011
Got a call today on my dad's IHD claim. Rated 100% retro back to 2005. Just FYI, the 1-800# was accurate with the info they gave him on his claim. Called two weeks ago and was told it was in rating, called last week and it was in authorization, called this monday and was told it was all done and he would be notified in 2 to 5 days. So,in his case, the 1-800# was 100% accurate.

Location hidden

#4772 Sep 1, 2011
Carl wrote:
We received a call today telling me that my claim had been rated. She could not tell me the percent. She said that the notification was pending concur. Does anyone know about how long this will take?
no time realy as each claim is rated different most cases you will hear somthing via U S Mail in about two to four weeks!
Wish you luck and the best!
John

Quito, Ecuador

#4773 Sep 2, 2011
I am rated at 80% due to IHD and PTSD and the VA has stigmatised me as unemployable, therefore I get the 100% allotment. I don't feel that I am unemployable and I am eager to work. How can I accomplish this with this rating?
Best regards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Veteran Affairs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's pick to head Veterans Affairs: Robert W... 2 hr truth 8
Auto grant May 15 Charles72 1
News Wall ceremonies welcome Vietnam veterans 'home' May 10 Wrong 9
News CPT130473632.jpg May 9 humanspirit 1
News Former mayor shoots man with wife, then himself (Jun '10) May 4 pinsco oinks 15
Great story on badly wounded Marine turned race... May 4 Millz 1
News White House doctor Ronny Jackson withdraws from... May 3 inbred Genius 89