Luverne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

tom4d wrote:
Had my first c&p exam for IHD AO today lasted about 15 min. Took BP. I gave them a copy of the 21-0960A-1 sign by my heart Doctor listing PCI, left ventricle hyperthophy, METS 3-5, and checked block for IHD. VA heart Doctor input info into the system as written. What are my chances? Thanks
Got rating back 18 may 2011,IHD SC 60%, filed 2 Dec 2010, claim worked rather fast, VA enclosed form to file for IU. VA examier stated did affect ability to work. Thanks for all your help.
Glendab

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

tom4d wrote:
<quoted text>
Got rating back 18 may 2011,IHD SC 60%, filed 2 Dec 2010, claim worked rather fast, VA enclosed form to file for IU. VA examier stated did affect ability to work. Thanks for all your help.
great news. time frame was short. were you rated out of Muskogee?
we're in Alabama and have been told that all nehmer claims are being handled in muskogee. enjoy life.
tom4d

Luverne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

Glendab wrote:
<quoted text>
we're in Alabama and have been told that all nehmer claims are being handled in muskogee. enjoy life.
Pinto Maryland and RO Montgomery, Al. was quick actual time they (Pinto)recieved the papers from C&P 29 days. Good Luck I was very pleased. System is working
Glendab

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

tom4d wrote:
<quoted text>
Pinto Maryland and RO Montgomery, Al. was quick actual time they (Pinto)recieved the papers from C&P 29 days. Good Luck I was very pleased. System is working
Congrats. that was fast for mont.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Carlos wrote:
I received a letter from VA saying I was
granted my claim on skin cancer.
Does anyone know about how long it will
take to receive compensation. I don't
know the process.
If you got your award letter then it will be a few days or less the money in the bank........
If you do not hear nothing in a week call the VA 1-800 Number:

Keep in mind NO checks will be mailed - NO more checks to the mail box to the bank or to a Visa card debit:
VetHelos1

Choctaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Glendab wrote:
<quoted text>
I say Oklahoma is one of the slowest in working the claims! Mine is in Muskogee and time marched on with the long over due wait.
Wish all a great week..........
VetHelos1

Choctaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

tom4d wrote:
<quoted text>
WoW fast - been waiting since 2009 - IHD - wish you luck and wish we all could get service like that. But not out of Oklahoma - even my VA Dr's asked still no answers on your claim I said NO - been a long wait and still waiting - Did hear they wonted all the claims for IHD done by Oct 2011 but with the back log of Agent Orange Claims and NEW claims coming in from present wars will delay most claims by 4 to 6 months and some claims being worked now and some newer claims will not get done till early 2012 at the latest. Service officer in Oklahoma city says back logs and new claims will delay many claims by weeks to months:
hal

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

How much would a retro claim payment be worth if a nehmer vet would get 60% for IHD retro for 6 years but had bypass 2 years earlier on VA record than the denied IHD claim now 6 years ago ?
hal

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Doesnt Nehmer rules say a veteran can get an extra
year of comp if his claim for a service connected disease under Nehmer goues back on VA record prior
to the actual denied date of claim for the Service connected ao diease....so 6 years retro to denied claim ,may in deed wind up 7 years or 8 years retro to time of 4 bypass open heart surgery! does anyone know the answer ?
hal

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Heres another confusing question to the ones above.
I hear on this forum that retro vets are getting 100% for 3 months from time of heart bypass surgery? so again if my claim for IHD was denied
on DAV stationary dated may 31 2005,the would i still be entitled by Nehmer laws to get paid for 3 months of my 4 bypass surgery,noted on VA med records..? do they just take 3 months from 2002 surgery and add that to the denied claim date of
2005 or do i lose the 3 months of surgery time ?
DavidLT

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Heres another confusing question to the ones above.
I hear on this forum that retro vets are getting 100% for 3 months from time of heart bypass surgery? so again if my claim for IHD was denied
on DAV stationary dated may 31 2005,the would i still be entitled by Nehmer laws to get paid for 3 months of my 4 bypass surgery,noted on VA med records..? do they just take 3 months from 2002 surgery and add that to the denied claim date of
2005 or do i lose the 3 months of surgery time ?

Hal,

The bypass surgery needs to be after the claim date to get compensation. From what you said your surgery was 3 years prior to your claim denial. Unfortunately this means you will not get anything for the bypass.
Glendab

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

VetHelos1 wrote:
<quoted text>WoW fast - been waiting since 2009 - IHD - wish you luck and wish we all could get service like that. But not out of Oklahoma - even my VA Dr's asked still no answers on your claim I said NO - been a long wait and still waiting - Did hear they wonted all the claims for IHD done by Oct 2011 but with the back log of Agent Orange Claims and NEW claims coming in from present wars will delay most claims by 4 to 6 months and some claims being worked now and some newer claims will not get done till early 2012 at the latest. Service officer in Oklahoma city says back logs and new claims will delay many claims by weeks to months:
there are some nehmers coming out of muskogee - they are under a court mandate to finish by october I read. so maybe, we'll see an uptick. I read on another board that they work 30 at a time. some are less complex than others, so there's hope. I forget how many raters are assigned to nehmer claims.
OTHER BROTHER

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

hal wrote:
Doesnt Nehmer rules say a veteran can get an extra
year of comp if his claim for a service connected disease under Nehmer goues back on VA record prior
to the actual denied date of claim for the Service connected ao diease....so 6 years retro to denied claim ,may in deed wind up 7 years or 8 years retro to time of 4 bypass open heart surgery! does anyone know the answer ?
I think what you are referring to is this:
Nehmer vs. 38 C.F.R. 3.114(a)
By definition, if a case falls under Nehmer, it means that the first claim of service connection for the condition at issue was received BEFORE the condition was added to the list of Agent Orange-related disabilities and the effective date for the grant of service connection will also be BEFORE the condition was added to the list of Agent Orange-related disabilities. As a result, if a claim was received before the condition was added to 38 C.F.R. 3.309(e), the case is a potential Nehmer case. On the other hand if the claim was received after the disease was added to the presumptive list, it is not a Nehmer case. In those cases 38 C.F.R. 3.114(a) applies and the earliest effective date that can be granted under 38 C.F.R. 3.114(a) is the date on which the liberalizing legislation was effective (i.e. the date on which the condition was added to 38 C.F.R. 3.309(e) or one-year prior to date of claim, whichever is later).

As you can see the one retro is for non-Nehmer claims and you would not be entitled to an extra year of retro.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

hal wrote:
How much would a retro claim payment be worth if a nehmer vet would get 60% for IHD retro for 6 years but had bypass 2 years earlier on VA record than the denied IHD claim now 6 years ago ?
Retro payment for 6 years at the 60% rate is about $65,000. The bypass would have no bearing on the retro amount.
xxxx

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

AL is that 65000 for a married or single vet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

xxxx wrote:
AL is that 65000 for a married or single vet?
Single.

With spouse you can about $6,000 more.

These are ballpark figures. If you want to figure it out closer use the compensation tables in this link
http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/#BM01
tom4d

Luverne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Carlos wrote:
I received a letter from VA saying I was
granted my claim on skin cancer.
Does anyone know about how long it will
take to receive compensation. I don't
know the process.
Carlos your skin award what percentage were you awarded, also have a claim being worked. I have seen a bunch rejected.
betty

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

my husband had a skin claim on appeals, got letter last week appeals granted service connect BUT sent it back to regional office for percentage, how long does this process take until a percentage is made?
Lisa

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Ken1569 wrote:
October 13, 2009 Secretary Shinseki decided to establish service-connection for Vietnam Veterans with B cell leukemias, such as hairy cell leukemia; Parkinson's disease; and ischemic heart disease. This is based on an independent study by the Institute of Medicine showing an association with exposure to Agent Orange. Vietnam veterans with these diseases may be eligible
Vietnam Veterans
Veterans who served in-country Vietnam between 1962 and 1975 (including those who visited Vietnam even briefly) and who have a disease that VA recognizes as being associated with exposure to Agent Orange are presumed to have been exposed to Agent Orange. Vietnam veterans with these specific diseases do not have to show that their diseases are related to their military service to get disability compensation.
I have both as listed below:
ischemic heart disease: ischemic (is-KEY-mic) heart disease, also called coronary artery disease or coronary heart disease,
Diabetes Type 2: I have also and get 20% Disability for my Diabetes:
I was also tested for Diabetes type 2 in March of 2005 by QTC Medical in Oklahoma City -
I had a NEW medical testing done per VA - By QTC Medical in Oklahoma City in Sept. 2009 -
Nov. 3rd I got a letter saying I can only get 20% for my Diabetes caused by Agent Orange - As for my Heart Disease I was told sorry not do to Agent Orange!(NO one in my family had or has heart disease ) Even my Dr's ( At the VA ) have said it is caused by my service in Vietnam!
In the pages of Agent Orange it is stated - A veteran does not have to show proof HE OR SHE -( Vietnam veterans with these specific diseases do not have to show that their diseases are related to their military service to get disability compensation.)
But I am turned down with proof what I have?
I am getting tired of the run a round and set backs!
To me Veterans Affairs is not going by there own web side and rules and disease's listed and added to Agent Orange!
As stated before I am not asking for something I am not owed and trying to live on $985 a month is not easy! I stated before I have been working for years to get Heart Diseases list on causes by Agent Orange to only be turned down on my own claim!
Keep trying. My husband had a claim denied for heart disease relating to Agent Orange and was denied repeatedly. The VA sent my husband a letter and they themselves reopened his claim in Nov 2010. Apparently the VA was ordered to examine all claims for heart conditions relating to Agent Orange exposure. My husband was just notified that his claim was granted and they made it retro back to his original claim date.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,241 - 4,260 of5,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••