Man sentenced to 99 years in prison f...

Man sentenced to 99 years in prison for 2005 Kingsvillle killing

There are 12 comments on the Corpus Christi Caller-Times story from Aug 16, 2012, titled Man sentenced to 99 years in prison for 2005 Kingsvillle killing. In it, Corpus Christi Caller-Times reports that:

Garza, 28, had faced a capital murder charge in the death of Susan Rousseau but a jury Thursday instead found him guilty of burglary of a habitation by commission of aggravated assault.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Corpus Christi Caller-Times.

lizzi

Edinburg, TX

#1 Aug 17, 2012
the sentence that george garza recieved is absurb. yes give him time, but he does not deserve 99 yrs in prison. our system has gone whacked.not even baby killers spend that much time in jail. i think the lawyers should appeal this sentence.everyone is a victim here especially the lady that died. lopez knew what she was doing, she deserves to die, why give her life in prison? she took a life , she should have her life taken away also. peoplke tax payers money is being used to give inmates a place to stay, medical and dental, food, central air, and this is how they are being punished, yea, they lose their freedom, but apparently they are well taken care of. so why should they care if they are locked up ?dont ever take life for granted, live ur life as if it was ur last day, cuase one day it will be and what would u have shown for it.
really
#2 Aug 17, 2012
lizzi wrote:
the sentence that george garza recieved is absurb. yes give him time, but he does not deserve 99 yrs in prison. our system has gone whacked.not even baby killers spend that much time in jail. i think the lawyers should appeal this sentence.everyone is a victim here especially the lady that died. lopez knew what she was doing, she deserves to die, why give her life in prison? she took a life , she should have her life taken away also. peoplke tax payers money is being used to give inmates a place to stay, medical and dental, food, central air, and this is how they are being punished, yea, they lose their freedom, but apparently they are well taken care of. so why should they care if they are locked up ?dont ever take life for granted, live ur life as if it was ur last day, cuase one day it will be and what would u have shown for it.
he killed someone and he does not deserve that? Really ?!?!
chi-cho
#3 Aug 17, 2012
I don't what Texas prison ur talking about, but no I.d. unit in Texas has central air!!!!
chi-cho
#4 Aug 17, 2012
The only ones that have central air are treatment centers, and privately owned prisons!!
Lil weezy

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#5 Aug 17, 2012
Either way he fckd
what u think

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 17, 2012
Ad seg got ac
chi-cho

United States

#7 Aug 17, 2012
Who ever mentioned Ad. Seg? That was never mentioned!!! What was discussed was TDCJ I.D. unit(s)
what u think

Denver, CO

#8 Aug 18, 2012
And TDCJ ID units got ad seg so......
Plus so do the trustee camps (units).
what u think

Denver, CO

#10 Aug 20, 2012
Have u been there? I spent 5 yrs there and 2 were in ad seg. With a/c and heaters. And i also spent 8 months on a trustee camp which had a/c.
chi-cho

United States

#11 Aug 21, 2012
W-6 Has A/C
DJ Jesse Boy

Portland, TX

#12 Sep 18, 2012
WTF ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg...you're an idiot. George Garza is as guilty as they come. He's no saint. He deserves to be behind bars also. He changed his story so many darn times its pathetic. Btw, prison isn't what you made it out to be. There isn't a/c or heaters. Prisoners have to work.
George was not found guilty of murder, what dont u understand? The system is total [email protected] There was no evidence at all, and still like that the system screw's him. If u do some research of cases in the past for the same charges, they have all gotten a way with a couple year's behind bar's. I was their in court most of the time, and what happened, was that the court app. lawyer's were stupid. They had no idea what they were ever talking about.(F'N NEWBYS) U would think the court would get somebody that knew about capital murder cases. Instead (if u dont have money u get whoever is their) again total BULLS$IT. So if u have no idea what ur talking about, I say just keep ur damn mouth SHUT.....
Check it

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Ive spent the last 12 years workin TDCJ and a max unit at that. Yes seg has ac n heaters yes w6 has ac n heaters also do all the inmates work no Has the prison system changed in the last 12 yrs yes it is more friendly now a days than back then. Those of y'all with some schoolin bout TDCJ would know that. I hope that clears the air up a little

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Self Defense Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ruth Ann Dailey: The who-why-how tactic to stop... Jun 20 payme 1
News Mexican Government Protests Border Agent Shooti... Jun 12 HOLLA ISABELLA 2
News Why assault rifle sales are booming (Jun '15) Jun 7 southern at heart 252
News Prosecutor clears 2 St. Louis officers in fatal... Jun 3 DARPA 1
News Woman charged in murder claims self defense May '16 janet 4
News Remington Outdoor Company Announces Kentucky Pl... May '16 Paladine 1
News Chloe Sevigny rocks retro cropped jeans and she... May '16 Three Days 2
More from around the web