It's a case for fewer, not more, guns

It's a case for fewer, not more, guns

There are 62 comments on the The Daily Journal story from Sep 3, 2012, titled It's a case for fewer, not more, guns. In it, The Daily Journal reports that:

That platform includes language stating that the GOP opposes legislation that would "restrict our Second Amendment rights by limiting the capacity of clips or magazines." The platform also calls more broadly for "the fundamental right to self-defense wherever a law-abiding citizen has a legal right to be." That line was an add-on to this one from ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
OB Reader

Cliffside Park, NJ

#1 Sep 3, 2012
What happened was a tragedy and could have happened, God forbid, if the perpetrator had a hunting rifle or shotgun at home.

But how did someone like that wind up with an AK-47 in his house?

Scary that people have high powered assault weapons in their homes!
Moogati

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 3, 2012
OB Reader wrote:
What happened was a tragedy and could have happened, God forbid, if the perpetrator had a hunting rifle or shotgun at home.
Take a breath, junior. Your ignorance is staggering.
OB Reader

Cliffside Park, NJ

#3 Sep 3, 2012
Moogati - And your face is offensive to humanity!

I was just making a valid point in light of a tragedy. No need to insult anyone.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#4 Sep 4, 2012
OB Reader wrote:
Moogati - And your face is offensive to humanity!
I was just making a valid point in light of a tragedy. No need to insult anyone.
I didn't see a "valid point"...what was it..?
Hello

Europe

#5 Sep 4, 2012
I woudl liek to point out that you are all dummies
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#6 Sep 4, 2012
Hello wrote:
Who asked you...?...and don't really give a crap what you think.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#7 Sep 4, 2012
If a person truly believes in the 2nd Amendment actually says, the phrase "We support the Second Amendment, and believe gun ownership is a fundamental individual right." should NEVER be followed by the word "But".

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#8 Sep 4, 2012
OB Reader wrote:
OB, the liberal media is completly clueless as to what guns that predator had.

AK 47's and automatic pistols are illega to buy in this country (at least any made after 1986, and the ones you "can" buy require a lot of paperwork and money).

So, please tell me what law would have stopped that predator from bying those illegal wepons.

What is really scary is that there are ignorant folks like you that have no idea the liberal media just plain old lies when it comes to guns.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#9 Sep 4, 2012
Hello wrote:
Well, if you are leiking, you should see a urologist.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#10 Sep 4, 2012
"Guns, particularly machine guns..."

There were no machine guns used in this crime or any of the others that were high profile.

As for the AK47, it's legal for deer hunting in my state so long as the rifle possesses Title I features as far a barrel length and overall length. A five shot magazine could be used by the hunter to keep his Elmer Fudd buddies from crying too much and that magazine would make the AK47 technically unidentifiable from the other hunter's Browning "deer" rifle.

I'm not quite sure why it is that anti gunners believe that one style gun is less or more deadlier than another, that's one of the main things that make these idiots sound rediculous.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#11 Sep 4, 2012
This guy could have just as easily used a screw driver to kill two people, much less a regular Remington shotgun.
Skizots

Old Bridge, NJ

#12 Sep 5, 2012
Thank you for the education on AK47's, "Uziland". The point, however, is that they're illegal in NJ. I don't know who you are referring to as "idiots"; if it's those who don't know much about guns & assault weapons, that doesn't make them an "idiot" at all, just because they don't have experience with them (with hunting), and you do. And "Richard": many objects can be used to harm/kill others. That's not the point, either. These psychos seem to enjoy the power & drama of obtaining whatever assault weapons they can to do the most harm.
OB Reader

Cliffside Park, NJ

#13 Sep 5, 2012
It's completely disturbing how all these people who don't agree with a point of view immediately start launching personal insults at someone they have never even met.

Idiots? Dummies? Ignorant?

Well, I'm rubber and you're glue...

Have a great day.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#14 Sep 5, 2012
OB Reader wrote:
It's completely disturbing how all these people who don't agree with a point of view immediately start launching personal insults at someone they have never even met.
Idiots? Dummies? Ignorant?
Well, I'm rubber and you're glue...
Have a great day.
I asked you a question. You can't answer it and you come up with this;

"Well, I'm rubber and you're glue..."

What are you, five years old...?
OB Reader

Cliffside Park, NJ

#15 Sep 5, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you a question. You can't answer it and you come up with this;
"Well, I'm rubber and you're glue..."
What are you, five years old...?
To the rest of the posters on this board -- I'm not going to participate in a forum where anyone who disagrees with any point made responds with a personal insult.

To Marauder - I know you are but what am I?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#16 Sep 5, 2012
OB Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
To the rest of the posters on this board -- I'm not going to participate in a forum where anyone who disagrees with any point made responds with a personal insult.
Thank you for answering the second question...I know you couldn't answer the first one.
G-B S and J club

Europe

#17 Sep 5, 2012
My fantasy football team name is "Sandusky's Necro-Lemon Party featuring Caylee Anthony and Madeline McCann". Is that offensive?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#18 Sep 5, 2012
Skizots wrote:
Thank you for the education on AK47's, "Uziland". The point, however, is that they're illegal in NJ. I don't know who you are referring to as "idiots"; if it's those who don't know much about guns & assault weapons, that doesn't make them an "idiot" at all, just because they don't have experience with them (with hunting), and you do. And "Richard": many objects can be used to harm/kill others. That's not the point, either. These psychos seem to enjoy the power & drama of obtaining whatever assault weapons they can to do the most harm.
99 percent of the AK-47's in the USA are not "assault weapons.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#19 Sep 5, 2012
OB Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get to bent out of shape.

The same tactic is used by many pro gun control writers on Topix.

Some days your the hammer and other days your the nail.

That's life.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#20 Sep 5, 2012
OB Reader wrote:
<quoted text>

Jane you ignorant slut, you made a stupid statement, and when asked to clarify, you insulted.
Piss off dipshit.

Come back when you get hair on your balls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Self Defense Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputy claims self-defense in Marksville fatal ... Sun frilled2b 1
News Prosecutor: Wounded officer justified ina Sep 20 Julu 37
News Federal judge: Boykin civil case will go on Sep 18 Rules 1
News Fatal gang stabbing in Whatcom County (Jan '12) Sep 10 Pissedoffclowntruth 5
News Date now set for murder trial (Nov '13) Sep 6 Brandons Aunt 13
News Kendall acquitted of 2015 stabbing Sep 3 Jason Landon 1
News Wyant Found Not Guilty In Brighton Murder Case (Dec '12) Aug 27 AdamJ 126
More from around the web