Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

United States

#2081 Mar 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: JM I think his movements are out of synch w/a confident atty; he looks pretty good, but his actions are a distraction.
Non Dignified, is this what a Mesa jury relates to...perhaps...greater Phoenix is still unsophisticated, atlhough it's our 5th largest City .. hopefully a few enlightened jurors on board.

Some jurors may very well hold a grudge to Phd's and higher education.

Shame this case is not being tried in LA or SF .. nowhere in AZ to ask for a suitable change of venue. If this had been a fight in a cheap beer joint between a couple shackinfemale g up, it could go well for the defendent...but understanding abusive B&D dynamic, may be a stretch for them.

There must be at least two jurors with the intellect to figure out that Jody was also a victim.
LA Guy

United States

#2082 Mar 18, 2013
typo

a couple shacking up
LA Guy

United States

#2083 Mar 18, 2013
Ford wrote:
The doc filled in her answers for the PtSD test?? Gave her self help book!! And did not report her talk of killing herself to her jail!!
I think we see the truth..hes bending the rules :)
Believe you are mischaracterizing the Doc filling in the asnwers.
The self help book is a non-starter, he wss humanistic in nature.
This could backfire on JM. So damn petty, men nothing.
LA Guy

United States

#2084 Mar 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
yes :) you're funny. I'm a love girl.... I know what I want and why I want it :)
It's better now at our stage, talk soon off this forum ... i know how we can, with you feeling comfortable about the logistics...I go first with the digits via email we set up...I want to, also pic for you:) no pressure, go with the flow ... you not have to answer at this point, just wait for me to show you how
LA Guy

United States

#2085 Mar 18, 2013
typo

you "do" not have to answer at this point

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#2086 Mar 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
I have wondered about that all along. Why else would she slit his throat? He was already lifeless in the shower.
on another site someone pushed the idea about two people in detective flores statement of investigation. There was an anonymous call (except now there is caller ID so no anonymity) from Ashley Thompson (nee Reed) who was married to Dustin. They were friends of Travis. Ashley suggested they look at Dustin as a suspect. I was surprised. I have seen some pretty ugly breakups but who would turn in their spouse for a murder? What if they didn't have an airtight alibi?
Through Travis my space account you can see ash. user id ashleynthompson. There was an online obituary of Ashley Nicole Reed who is about that same age. The other poster said it was determined she committed suicide. I don't know where s/he got this information. Ashley Nicole Reed is LDS. I can't see the resemblance myself. But there are images of both.
Remember that Jodi turned up one time and Travis was taking off the bra of some girl but she didn't see her face? Didn't she say the girl had brown hair? Ash on myspace has brown hair.
I wondered when this incident occurred. Was it before lisa or during lisa or after lisa?
Ashley and her husband Dustin broke up permanently from what I can understand.
Now further you can use those sites that connect people and for Dustin James Thompson he is connected to Ashley NICOLE Thompson. So it seems the n in her my space account does stand for nicole, which is the same name as the girl who died.
If you go back to the police interview regarding the Ninjas a lot of that story has made it through into testimony.
On another site one poster said in the hand print that had jodi and Travis blood there was no gunshot residue which you would expect if she shot the gun. I don't know how he knows this.
I have found it amazing that Jodi was able to get that lucky stab in. I don't think prosecution is right. I just can't believe a man would let someone stab him. And there are several cuts on his belly/chest area as though there were several attempts to stab him. It makes more sense that she would shoot first except the ME doesn't corroborate this.
If you read her diary and she asks "what happened" A lot of people think she is covering her tracks but what did really happen? A lot of people think she is lying in the stand and I have to agree with them. I think "I can't remember" is to cover the exact details of what happened.
If the defense cannot find these Ninjas then they have to come up with some story. She was so adamant that she would not be found guilty. She stuck to her Ninja story for quite some time. It was only when she got a lawyer that she changed to self defense. It would be interesting to know if the police bothered to investigate Dustin James Thompson and the hours he was working.
Further, how hard is it to stab tires? 4 of them, twice plus lisas?
The email sent to Lisa had religious overtones. It could have been anyone with LDS knowledge.

Bundoora, Australia

#2087 Mar 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Non Dignified, is this what a Mesa jury relates to...perhaps...greater Phoenix is still unsophisticated, atlhough it's our 5th largest City .. hopefully a few enlightened jurors on board.
Some jurors may very well hold a grudge to Phd's and higher education.
Shame this case is not being tried in LA or SF .. nowhere in AZ to ask for a suitable change of venue. If this had been a fight in a cheap beer joint between a couple shackinfemale g up, it could go well for the defendent...but understanding abusive B&D dynamic, may be a stretch for them.
There must be at least two jurors with the intellect to figure out that Jody was also a victim.
I am of the understanding that some of the jurors are LDS. That might be a plus or a minus.
LA Guy

United States

#2088 Mar 18, 2013
Martinez is testyfing, more than asking questions .. Few objections from defense team, but they just have their strategy

Damn, NG now alluding to JA casting a spell on Dr Samuels
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2089 Mar 18, 2013
LA Guy,
Curious, your brother, do you want to spend more time w/him now that you're older? Is that hard w/him in PD? The're the best part of my day sometimes. I talk to my younger one a few times a week. They're on my mind a lot...just nice guys :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2090 Mar 18, 2013
... they're the best ...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2091 Mar 18, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
on another site someone pushed the idea about two people in detective flores statement of investigation. There was an anonymous call (except now there is caller ID so no anonymity) from Ashley Thompson (nee Reed) who was married to Dustin. They were friends of Travis. Ashley suggested they look at Dustin as a suspect. I was surprised. I have seen some pretty ugly breakups but who would turn in their spouse for a murder? What if they didn't have an airtight alibi?
Through Travis my space account you can see ash. user id ashleynthompson. There was an online obituary of Ashley Nicole Reed who is about that same age. The other poster said it was determined she committed suicide. I don't know where s/he got this information. Ashley Nicole Reed is LDS. I can't see the resemblance myself. But there are images of both.
Remember that Jodi turned up one time and Travis was taking off the bra of some girl but she didn't see her face? Didn't she say the girl had brown hair? Ash on myspace has brown hair.
I wondered when this incident occurred. Was it before lisa or during lisa or after lisa?
Now further you can use those sites that connect people and for Dustin James Thompson he is connected to Ashley NICOLE Thompson. So it seems the n in her my space account does stand for nicole, which is the same name as the girl who died.
If you go back to the police interview regarding the Ninjas a lot of that story has made it through into testimony.
On another site one poster said in the hand print that had jodi and Travis blood there was no gunshot residue which you would expect if she shot the gun. I don't know how he knows this.
I have found it amazing that Jodi was able to get that lucky stab in. I don't think prosecution is right. I just can't believe a man would let someone stab him. And there are several cuts on his belly/chest area as though there were several attempts to stab him. It makes more sense that she would shoot first except the ME doesn't corroborate this.
If you read her diary and she asks "what happened" A lot of people think she is covering her tracks but what did really happen? A lot of people think she is lying in the stand and I have to agree with them. I think "I can't remember" is to cover the exact details of what happened.
If the defense cannot find these Ninjas then they have to come up with some story. She was so adamant that she would not be found guilty. She stuck to her Ninja story for quite some time. It was only when she got a lawyer that she changed to self defense. It would be interesting to know if the police bothered to investigate Dustin James Thompson and the hours he was working.
The email sent to Lisa had religious overtones. It could have been anyone with LDS knowledge.
Is she the one that posted on his myspace the quote about "a rear choke hold, didn't know Mormons were into beastiality... " or something similar ?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2092 Mar 18, 2013
Pharmabill,
In some ways, I think it's possible that there is more to the real story. TA was also performing some sort of spiritual prayer ??? I think his roommate said, around the wekk of or .... I wonder if she did tell someone in the church, and he found out or they approached him.. I know conjecture :)
He also had the "proxy" web surfing link that hides web searches....hmm The whole thing is so sad
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2093 Mar 18, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
ashley reed
"rear naked choke hold"..? i thought mormons didn't practice beastiality ;) 5 years ago
and
Chad Perkins
"Twas two nights before Christmas, and all through the greater Phoenix area, Travis was cruising for underage boys to make his Christmas more cozy. Have fun, just don't violate the terms of your probation!" 6 years ago

link http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander * you have to click more a few times to see older posts
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2094 Mar 18, 2013
LAGuy,*I meant to post this earlier.
I had this at my desk when I was working :) Only one person challenged me on it, implying it wasn't PC. "Really? Let's get FoxNews on the phone, because I'm keeping it." They just gave me a look and walked away. No one approached me again :)
My fav part is "...God's shield..." because that covers it all (including mean office people).:)
From the Breastplate of St. Patrick
I arise today
Through Godís strength to pilot me:
Godís might to uphold me,
Godís wisdom to guide me,
Godís eye to look before me,
Godís ear to hear me,
Godís word to speak for me,
Godís hand to guard me,
Godís way to lie before me,
Godís shield to protect me,
Godís host to save me,
From snares of devils,
From temptations of vices,
From everyone who shall wish me ill,
Afar and a near,
Alone and in a multitude.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2095 Mar 18, 2013
Correction :)
From the Breastplate of St. Patrick
I arise today
Through Godís strength to pilot me:
Godís might to uphold me,
Godís wisdom to guide me,
Godís eye to look before me,
Godís ear to hear me,
Godís word to speak for me,
Godís hand to guard me,
Godís way to lie before me,
Godís host to save me,
From snares of devils,
From temptations of vices,
From everyone who shall wish me ill,
Afar and a near,
Alone and in a multitude.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2096 Mar 18, 2013
LG, Time to sign off & sleep :)
Godspeed

Bundoora, Australia

#2097 Mar 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she the one that posted on his myspace the quote about "a rear choke hold, didn't know Mormons were into beastiality... " or something similar ?
yes she is

Bundoora, Australia

#2098 Mar 18, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Pharmabill,
In some ways, I think it's possible that there is more to the real story. TA was also performing some sort of spiritual prayer ??? I think his roommate said, around the wekk of or .... I wonder if she did tell someone in the church, and he found out or they approached him.. I know conjecture :)
He also had the "proxy" web surfing link that hides web searches....hmm The whole thing is so sad
Today I read a post where the person suggested that the cut to the throat could not have been done by a 5inch blade. There was an incident at court when JM was going to show Lisa the damage done and the video is on youtube and it shows an extended view of the damage. I have to agree. I have seen some videos of middle eastern executions with long swords and it takes several long swings to chop off someone's head. eg Daniel Pearl's beheading. I don't believe it is possible to do that damage to Travis neck with such a short blade. One would expect a sawing motion and evidence in the damage to the tissue. There was a discussion about blood atonement. That is exactly what they do. Travis had been with Jodi, Lisa, Deanna,? Ashley. If he is doing this religious prayer then perhaps people thought he was too far down the wrong track. It made me wonder if the Ninjas were the true story. How could Jodi have smuggled in such a big knife? Something like a sword or a machette.
Another Poster

Naperville, IL

#2099 Mar 18, 2013
Martinez questioning of Samuels about the book he gave to Jodi, and the implication that he was a overstepping ethical boundaries, opened the door for Samuels to testify that at the time he gave Jodi the book, she was suicidal.

I wonder if other psychological evaluations were conducted to assess Jodi's mental health besides the ones that were performed by Dr. Samuels and the prosecutor's rebuttal expert witness, Dr. Janeen Demarte.

It is very apparent that Jodi has not received psychological counseling in spite of the fact that everyone knows that she has deep underlying psychological problems that need to be addressed.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2100 Mar 18, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
Martinez questioning of Samuels about the book he gave to Jodi, and the implication that he was a overstepping ethical boundaries, opened the door for Samuels to testify that at the time he gave Jodi the book, she was suicidal.
I wonder if other psychological evaluations were conducted to assess Jodi's mental health besides the ones that were performed by Dr. Samuels and the prosecutor's rebuttal expert witness, Dr. Janeen Demarte.
It is very apparent that Jodi has not received psychological counseling in spite of the fact that everyone knows that she has deep underlying psychological problems that need to be addressed.
Has not received and probably is still not receiving the psychological help she needs. I wonder if she thinks she needs it?

Samuels was made to look very badly today (almost like a repeat offender who does not learn). I feel like out of mercy, get him off the stand. I think Martinez has more than shown Samuels' lack of credibility, not to mention his whole assessment and diagnosis of Arias are based on lies. It will be very interesting to see what questions the jurors will ask, if any.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Self Defense Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trial opens for salesman accused in fatal shoot... May 18 l_Ol_ 1
News $350K bail for suspect in Las Vegas one-punch m... May 12 Sgtglh 1
News Court documents shine spotlight on Ding's fatal... May 9 RRed ghost 2
News Prosecutor: Robbing a biker of his vest sparked... May 5 Jay Fennimore 2
News Grandfather says three teenage armed robbers 'd... Apr 30 payme 54
News Jason Kessler pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault Apr '17 91PercentofMurders 3
News Judge rejects motion for new trial for Cardell ... Apr '17 Rubio s Foam Partays 1
More from around the web