Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

United States

#2041 Mar 17, 2013
253

Think u r Latina, entonces, Feliz Dia De San Patrico
LA Guy

United States

#2042 Mar 17, 2013
Sexy Granny

Regular White - Happy St Patrick Day
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2043 Mar 17, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Goodmorn GD
Aware of the courthouses shut down is LA...this is so damn pitifull, in a World Class City, p.aticulalry in the America. Clourthouses are mor than buileingsgs where trials are held, but a cornerstone of communities and our democracy.
Have not been to San Pedro for a few months, but this represent a vibrant working harbor and an old historial part of the City. It also is a very busy hub of criminal acitivty, serving high crime Wilmington and San Pedro, a large population base of some 200,000 inhabitants. SP is about 50% hood with two housing projects and then the contrast of beautifull higher end neighborhoods bordering Palos Verdes. Right over the Bridge is the now very dangerous City of Long Beach, something like a combo Compton and ELA. Just built a multi hundred million dollar new courthouse there, which will remain open. The Courts are operated and financed by the County and the State, so can't blame the City of LA for this one.
LA in general has a bad rep, but to know it is to love it. As to San Pedro, do you remember Port's of Call ... it's basially abondoned and blightd, but with Billion dolla proposals on the tabel fom the likes of Disney, Lux Outlet Mall, more Cruise Ship Hubs and more. The Harbor is fascinating, with much beauty to it.
***
La Fheile Sona Duuit to you :) Thank you, I love this.
and Hello : Dia Dhuit
is a very common way of saying Hello in Irish. Literally, it means something like “God to you”. American version Godspeed :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2044 Mar 17, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Goodmorn GD
Aware of the courthouses shut down is LA...this is so damn pitifull, in a World Class City, p.aticulalry in the America. Clourthouses are mor than buileingsgs where trials are held, but a cornerstone of communities and our democracy.
Have not been to San Pedro for a few months, but this represent a vibrant working harbor and an old historial part of the City. It also is a very busy hub of criminal acitivty, serving high crime Wilmington and San Pedro, a large population base of some 200,000 inhabitants. SP is about 50% hood with two housing projects and then the contrast of beautifull higher end neighborhoods bordering Palos Verdes. Right over the Bridge is the now very dangerous City of Long Beach, something like a combo Compton and ELA. Just built a multi hundred million dollar new courthouse there, which will remain open. The Courts are operated and financed by the County and the State, so can't blame the City of LA for this one.
LA in general has a bad rep, but to know it is to love it. As to San Pedro, do you remember Port's of Call ... it's basially abondoned and blightd, but with Billion dolla proposals on the tabel fom the likes of Disney, Lux Outlet Mall, more Cruise Ship Hubs and more. The Harbor is fascinating, with much beauty to it.
*** Interesting.:) do you get eml updates on older comments . Just wondering. SP the LA courthouse was to be closed, older with established communities, managers-landords have interests in the area, still concerned apparently :) I like the info shared.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2045 Mar 17, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Hope you are relaxing today...miss you:)
I like to require some of thee posters, like 253 and hybrid to do some time in LA...lol...at least they could get some decent healthy food and a reality check....lol
I would even buy them lunch in BH
*********
La Sona Pradraig :)
How my ex-brother-n-law from Ireland says it; he came to the US in his 20's???, became an American citizen, and says "the anarchists are taking over the City (SF)". He's quite interesting.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2046 Mar 17, 2013
LA Guy,
Should be: La Sona Padraig :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2047 Mar 17, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Hope you are relaxing today...miss you:)
I like to require some of thee posters, like 253 and hybrid to do some time in LA...lol...at least they could get some decent healthy food and a reality check....lol
I would even buy them lunch in BH
**********
:) U too *funny... I guess they don't want lunch :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2048 Mar 17, 2013
LA Guy, I'm staying in tonight; this is a high drunk driver holiday and I like to avoid them. I'll probably be on the phone w/relatives later :)
I'm planning to watch the trial live tomorrow, unless something comes up.
Punk LA GUY

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2049 Mar 17, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
:) U too *funny... I guess they don't want lunch :)
You are pathetic. Please continue to fuel the twisted ego of your sorry excuse for an internet friend. You nasty hate filled instigating bitch!

Now go back to pulling weeds you sweaty yard dog
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2050 Mar 17, 2013
hahahaha troll on the lose again :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2051 Mar 17, 2013
LA Guy,
Thinking of Faith:
I can appreciate the Catholic Church's drive to keep God and Christ foremost, eventhough I'm not practicing the formal traditions.
I turn to God for help w/any situation and try to remember to be grateful to Him. I say the KJV Lord's prayer as it was written there, to start my day, every day (it doesn't have the added portion from the Church).*I will say it to myself as well, if I have a family matter. It's very comforting/calming :)
This is special to me from a Catholic priest: he said that if a person ever feels darkness near them or has "opened a dark door", to make the sign of the cross in front of them and say, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to leave". It's impossible for evil to stay around; that is powerful :)I believe it. I also believe that someone can retreat from darkness, if they give God their heart and look to Him for help and insight. I believe there is evil in the world and it comes in many ways.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2052 Mar 17, 2013
Good Day wrote:
hahahaha troll on the lose again :)
So what do you think of a man who calls a supposed Caucasian or Latina woman as a number?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2053 Mar 17, 2013
Having watched the testimony of the woman (Heather Carter?) who photographed the crime scene at Alexander's house, I saw more photos of the bloodied bathroom. There were a few of where the bullet casing was found. It was right by a door that led in to either a linen or cleaning supply closet in the bathroom. There was a cardboard box on the floor in that closet that looks as if water had been on the floor at some point. What IF the bullet casing was pushed by the door being opened on to the blood 'clot' that it was found on?

Also, I had read a report (found on The State vs Jodi Arias site on Facebook) that there was another incident where Samuels (defense witness saying Arias suffers from PTSD after a horror she committed) was found to be "attempting to alter facts for a more favourable outcome for his client." Paragraphs 3-5 of that document ( https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis... ). Gives credence to doubting what Samuels has to say.

Then there is Gus Searcy who claims there are (Mormon) women who can attest to Alexander's violent ways but they refuse to get involved and say anything in Arias' defense. If that is true, then shame on those women as well as the Mormon church! What Searcy claims is on this article: http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action...

No doubt Arias is guilty of killing Alexander. I am still not convinced he attacked her so she had to kill him in self defense. After he was shot or stabbed, did she have to kill him to defend herself?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2054 Mar 17, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you think of a man who calls a supposed Caucasian or Latina woman as a number?
**********
253 is part of your name, just like hybrid, just like GD :)
no comparison It's faster to type abbreviation and could be a term of endearment. You can't possibly be supporting the vile troll ?????

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2055 Mar 17, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
253 is part of your name, just like hybrid, just like GD :)
no comparison It's faster to type abbreviation and could be a term of endearment. You can't possibly be supporting the vile troll ?????
Yeah and Rose has one more character that is too much for your buddy to type. You do not get it do you? A woman being referred to as a number is degrading and demeaning. Thank God I have enough sense to know a kook when I see one posting on these forums that I do not take him that seriously. If you really are a woman, then I am disappointed in you. Your vision seems to be clouded by his gratuitous posts. Oh well.

You speak of a "vile troll" but think nothing of the sexual innuendos you have with that 'man'.(chuckle, cough) Never mind the way he posts to others (not you, of course).

The online relationship you have with him on this board reminds me an awful lot of Alexander and Arias. I may well be wrong but I see a similar pattern. Thank goodness it is only online and not in real life (I hope).

I have had a great St. Patrick's Day weekend and am pooped from all the celebrations. I hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend celebration. I look forward to tomorrow's trial proceedings. I wonder if Samuels will continue to be on the stand? Time will tell.

Good night to all.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2056 Mar 17, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and Rose has one more character that is too much for your buddy to type. You do not get it do you? A woman being referred to as a number is degrading and demeaning. Thank God I have enough sense to know a kook when I see one posting on these forums that I do not take him that seriously. If you really are a woman, then I am disappointed in you. Your vision seems to be clouded by his gratuitous posts. Oh well.
You speak of a "vile troll" but think nothing of the sexual innuendos you have with that 'man'.(chuckle, cough) Never mind the way he posts to others (not you, of course).
The online relationship you have with him on this board reminds me an awful lot of Alexander and Arias. I may well be wrong but I see a similar pattern. Thank goodness it is only online and not in real life (I hope).
I have had a great St. Patrick's Day weekend and am pooped from all the celebrations. I hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend celebration. I look forward to tomorrow's trial proceedings. I wonder if Samuels will continue to be on the stand? Time will tell.
Good night to all.
\
**********
Good grief, you're the one who said 253 referenced a car you had... I've done my research, and so far, you're the one who appears to be a fraud. Why are you in topix, if you are a woman, you're a very bitter one. Maybe you're the vile troll? You certainly have enough of a troll's characteristics. You are a Travis type, whatever gender you are.
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#2057 Mar 18, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
Having watched the testimony of the woman (Heather Carter?) who photographed the crime scene at Alexander's house, I saw more photos of the bloodied bathroom. There were a few of where the bullet casing was found. It was right by a door that led in to either a linen or cleaning supply closet in the bathroom. There was a cardboard box on the floor in that closet that looks as if water had been on the floor at some point. What IF the bullet casing was pushed by the door being opened on to the blood 'clot' that it was found on?
Also, I had read a report (found on The State vs Jodi Arias site on Facebook) that there was another incident where Samuels (defense witness saying Arias suffers from PTSD after a horror she committed) was found to be "attempting to alter facts for a more favourable outcome for his client." Paragraphs 3-5 of that document ( https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis... ). Gives credence to doubting what Samuels has to say.
Then there is Gus Searcy who claims there are (Mormon) women who can attest to Alexander's violent ways but they refuse to get involved and say anything in Arias' defense. If that is true, then shame on those women as well as the Mormon church! What Searcy claims is on this article: http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action...
No doubt Arias is guilty of killing Alexander. I am still not convinced he attacked her so she had to kill him in self defense. After he was shot or stabbed, did she have to kill him to defend herself?
Good morning! Interesting observations. I'm not sure what the court proceedings are today, I've lost track. I'll have to wade through the facebook page and see.

Judging by the questions asked of Jodi, this jury is smart. I can't imagine Samuels' testimony going too far with them. I'm not sure anybody cares very much about Jodi's improved mental state or what she's afflicted with as a result of killing Alexander. He probably should have left her present condition out of testimony.
LA Guy

United States

#2058 Mar 18, 2013
Goodmorn CD

Thank you for being my friend:)

Not going in my office, so will try to catchs some of the testimony. Will be inteeesting if the Judge allows Dr Samuels to testify as to JA's state of mind prior to and in the day of the event JM is trying to block expert testimony on her sate of mind as to premedition as a esult of gthe abuse. He jus wans the jury to decide it on their, san the Shrink's testifying as to BWS and and Dom/Sub dynamic.
LA Guy

United States

#2059 Mar 18, 2013
Continued

Met to add, what a hypocrite this Martinez is.
LA Guy

United States

#2060 Mar 18, 2013
You were smjart to stay home last night. Will be interesting to see the DUI stats from the last 48 hours, particualrly in of the PSA's and all of the drunks knowing there would be heavy enforcement. Of cours many non drunks, rationalize they can get away with just a few drink. The whole game has changed. Many cops for years drove DUI, bars after work. At the LAPD Academy they had their own cocktail bar, no bs, then Chinatown and Little Tokyo had alot of cops bars, just up the street from HQ (Parker Center

I have done my share of drinking, but it no longer interests me for the most part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Self Defense Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owner of Rock Hill gay club fatally shoots man ... Jan 17 Mullahing It Over 1
News Third-degree murder charges filed in... Jan 15 are you fking blind 3
News Kendall acquitted of 2015 stabbing Jan 4 Smarter that you 2
News U.S. military to return some land in Okinawa by... Dec '16 Ainu 4
It would be so nice... Dec '16 misbehaved 4
News The Shady Negotiator and the Missing MomBy Kati... Dec '16 Investors 101 1
Self defense for women Dec '16 andrewsmith85 1
More from around the web