A step forward in cultural, religious...

A step forward in cultural, religious heritage

There are 13 comments on the SETimes news story from Nov 13, 2012, titled A step forward in cultural, religious heritage. In it, SETimes news reports that:

The Serbian Orthodox Church agrees that the Pristina-Belgrade dialogue is the only constructive way to protect Kosovo Serb cultural and religious sites.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SETimes news.

Karolcik

Prague, Czech Republic

#1 Nov 13, 2012
A special Kosovo Police unit, comprised of mainly Serbs, has been proposed to guard the Serbian religious and cultural sites in Kosovo, Prime Minister Hashim Thaci said on Monday (November 12th). Briefing his cabinet on his meeting last week in Brussels with the Serbian Prime Minister Ivica Dacic, Thaci outlined the plan.

"In the capacity of Kosovo institutions, we offered additional protection. I proposed the forming of a special unit in the multi-ethnic Kosovo police, which would be charged with the protection of cultural and religious heritage sites," Thaci said.

He added that "Kosovo police is [already] protecting some of these sites, as part of the authority transfer from KFOR to local police, and would be extremely positive that police protect the remaining sites which are still protected by KFOR. We have no doubt about the willingness and professionalism of Kosovo police to protect these sites, which are part of our common cultural and religious heritage."

Belgrade considers the protection of religious buildings and cultural heritage in Kosovo to be one of the most important issues in the Pristina-Belgrade dialogue. The protection of Serb cultural and religious heritage in Kosovo was implemented under the Ahtisaari Plan during the international supervision of Kosovo. Under the plan, 45 religious, historical and cultural objects are listed as special protected zones.

"This will be an appropriate unit that will deal exclusively with our heritage, and that way we'll raise the level of responsibility for what could happen," Aleksandar Vulin, head of the Serbian government's Office for Kosovo and Metohija, told Serbian national television RTS.

Dejan Pavicevic, chief of Serbian government's team for technical talks with Pristina, told SETimes that protection of religious and cultural heritage will be a part of any further negotiations.

"Our great interest is to protect all Serbian Orthodox Church property, as well as everything we consider religious and cultural heritage, and I think all sides involved understand that," Pavicevic said.

The head of the Greek Liaison Office in Pristina, Ambassador Dimitris Moschopoulos, an EU facilitator for the protection of religious and cultural heritage of the church in Kosovo, is the appointed mediator in the dialogue.

He told SETimes there is an understanding and commitment on both sides for a solution.

"Kosovo's government seems strongly committed to the protection of Serbian cultural and religious heritage in Kosovo, and, of course, the Serbian Orthodox Church sees the need to protect its own heritage, its own property," said Moschopoulos, noting that the Serbian Church is the legal owner of the monuments and sites whose protection is at stake.

Memli Krasniqi, Kosovo minister of culture, will co-ordinate a government body that will directly work with the Serbian church for the promotion and protection of cultural heritage, following the European Commission (EC) demands for Kosovo to register progress in protection of minorities, delivered in the feasibility study which was published October 10th. The same body will carry out the implementation and monitoring council's task, as part of the Ahtisaari Plan.

The body will be composed of five members: two government ministers, representatives of the international presence in Kosovo, and representatives of the Serbian church.

Moschopoulos said there is a commitment on both sides to move things forward.

"Kosovo government respects the identity of the Serbian heritage, its integrity, and is committed to safeguard it. The Serbian church has been realistic and pragmatic in dealing with this issue, whose purpose is to the safeguard its own integrity, identity and property," Moschopoulos said.
Karolcik

Prague, Czech Republic

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Finally people coming to their senses. It would be better if the unit needn't be formed mainly by Serbs and instead was formed by Albanians of good faith, but it is a progress anyway.
Ginevresus

Balzan, Malta

#3 Nov 13, 2012
Yeah, real progress, Serbia lost its land and only one nation benefits.

Form the units of "good willing" albanian talibans, they'll be happy to take a piss on a Serb Church when nature calls on a duty and there are no toilets nearby
Ginevresus

Balzan, Malta

#5 Nov 13, 2012
Zip your lip jew. You zionists believe in only one God- money. Like I said pay a visit to your rabbi, I'm sure he'll tach you everything about gay perversion
Ginevresus

Balzan, Malta

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Your rabbis bless you zionists before you go on your mission to conquer the entire world to swear on torrah that they'll succeed. You already own one half, but the other half, eastern part of the world is not going as planned.
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#7 Nov 13, 2012
Ginevresus wrote:
Zip your lip jew. You zionists believe in only one God- money. Like I said pay a visit to your rabbi, I'm sure he'll tach you everything about gay perversion
Yo are not Ginevresus. you pretedn to be one but you are a Serboslave since 1389. Your serbian orthodox bishop are pedophile and they are: Kacavenda, Pahomije and Filaret.They are all kicked out of the church in Serbia.
Ginevresus

Msida, Malta

#8 Nov 13, 2012
At least they are kicked out, they are present no more, while in your synagogues rabbies still teach young zionists where's the G spot in jewish male
Money

Buffalo, NY

#9 Nov 13, 2012
Ginevresus wrote:
.you are not Ginevresus, yu are a Serboslave with pedophile serbian orthodox bishops like Kacavenda, Pahomije and Filaret
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#10 Nov 13, 2012
serbian pedophile bishops is the cultural heritage from serboslavia in the belgrade pashaluka and rep.srp.
reality

Adelaide, Australia

#11 Nov 13, 2012
Ginevresus wrote:
Yeah, real progress, Serbia lost its land and only one nation benefits.
Form the units of "good willing" albanian talibans, they'll be happy to take a piss on a Serb Church when nature calls on a duty and there are no toilets nearby
maybe ur greedy serb priests should have built some toilets nearby
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#12 Nov 14, 2012
Ginevresus wrote:
At least they are kicked out, they are present no more, while in your synagogues rabbies still teach young zionists where's the G spot in jewish male
this one servoslave likes to be Ginevresus and he is not since he is a serboslave since 1389, and his trhee serbian orthodox bishops, Kacavenda, Pahomije and Filarte are kicked out from the church since they are pedophiles and notorious.
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#13 Nov 14, 2012
should be Filaret, typo error.

Since: Mar 07

Prishtina, Kosovo

#14 Nov 14, 2012
Karolcik wrote:
Finally people coming to their senses. It would be better if the unit needn't be formed mainly by Serbs and instead was formed by Albanians of good faith, but it is a progress anyway.
What kind of church is that, which separates people by nationality. If you`re not a Serb you can`t go near those Churches lol!

Serbian Orthodox Church was never a Church!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interracial,Multiracial, Multiethnic, and Multicultural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) Nov 20 OneWomynRiot 378
News 'Undocumented' but inspiring (Nov '12) Nov 16 Romano 92
News Are black visitors really welcome in the Adiron... (Aug '16) Nov 14 Git red of the trash 40
News 'We were just gawked at': Interracial families ... Nov 4 Slow News Day 1
News The Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival to ... Oct 31 NAME 10
News What's In A (Hispanic-Sounding) Surname? We Gav... Oct '17 LuzAranda 14
Black guy, Asian girl: am I getting this dating... (Aug '13) Oct '17 fatcat41 31
More from around the web