Black or biracial? Census forces a ch...

Black or biracial? Census forces a choice for some

There are 487 comments on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Apr 19, 2010, titled Black or biracial? Census forces a choice for some. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

"I've always just checked black on my form," said Martin, a 29-year-old university employee in Las Vegas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last

“about 2 be a mini me”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#516 Apr 23, 2012
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
good. you are not satisfied. now you can do YOUR OWN research into the subject matter.
ah ha
Abt

London, UK

#517 Apr 23, 2012
who cares biracial are seen as white in Haiti or Africa doesnÂ’t mean there just white.

and another thing why are people acting like biracial people are some sort of thing you see everyday you rarely see any.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#518 Apr 26, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
not important???????...government couldn't operate without knowing the number of negros and where they live.
btw, if you don't know if you're a negro or not.........get a mirror and take a look at yourself.
You realize, of course that interracial marriages are on the rise. That means that race, eventually, really WON'T be a factor. Who knows, maybe your kids or grandkids will intermarry. Then what do you do; disown the children? Face it, things are changing. It's entropy. Eventually we'll all be on equal ground.
aur56

Monett, MO

#519 Apr 26, 2012
dirtydiamond wrote:
<quoted text>
but you want them to be identified as biracial right?
I want them identified as men,color should not make any difference. But,that said, color is part of who they are, it's what the world persieves of them. Their color is just that,color,has nothing to do with their work ethic,their character,they morals etc. I want them to be happy, not unhappy because because of the ignorance of racism. They are what they are and they will deal with what they've been dealt, with grace. They are loved by their family and friends and will succeed in life because of who they are,not their color.

“about 2 be a mini me”

Location hidden

#520 Apr 26, 2012
aur56 wrote:
<quoted text> I want them identified as men,color should not make any difference. But,that said, color is part of who they are, it's what the world persieves of them. Their color is just that,color,has nothing to do with their work ethic,their character,they morals etc. I want them to be happy, not unhappy because because of the ignorance of racism. They are what they are and they will deal with what they've been dealt, with grace. They are loved by their family and friends and will succeed in life because of who they are,not their color.
so you want them to be men of color, yet succeed in life because of who they are,not their color?
aur56

Monett, MO

#521 Apr 26, 2012
It doesn't matter what I want at all, they are biracial men. I just want them happy and to succeed in life. All I meant was that color shouldn't matter a bit. They are who they are, I am proud of who they are. I raised them and I am happy the way they are.I believe they are happy they way they are, this is getting confusing at this point. I really only wanted to say color is just color, it doesn't define who they are.

“about 2 be a mini me”

Location hidden

#522 Apr 26, 2012
aur56 wrote:
I really only wanted to say color is just color, it doesn't define who they are.
yes mam :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interracial,Multiracial, Multiethnic, and Multicultural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is This Black Parenting Magazine Racist? 16 hr KIP 13
Interracial relationships=White GENOCIDE (Sep '13) Jun 26 Hans 14
News Interracial marriage i... Jun 22 poster213 19
Multiculturalism Sucks Jun 22 bolle 3
Do white men like girls with big butts (Aug '12) Jun 22 Hans 114
White Males - Would you date a Racist Black Woman? (Apr '10) Jun 22 straightwhitemale 5
white wome addicted to black men (Oct '09) Jun 21 Hans 41
More from around the web