Pay for our trips home - the Islamic Women's Welfare Association

Feb 12, 2012 | Posted by: Palawa | Full story: www.heraldsun.com.au

The Islamic Women's Welfare Association also says Muslims prefer to live close to their own people and Australia should consider how to "facilitate the purchase of homes for new migrants". In a submission to a federal multicultural inquiry, the association has urged the Government to give tax deductions to newly arrived migrants so they can visit ... (more)

Comments
1 - 20 of 143 Comments Last updated Mar 10, 2012
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Lancelot

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

You should save for the funds you need to visit your relatives back home instead of asking for taxpayer dollars.What an insane idea!I hope the Federal govt see it for what it is...Ungrateful migrants asking everything for nothing.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

They already get special treatment to go overseas and bring back family or buy a muslim wife, it's called the family reunion scheme.

It would be interesting to know where they get the thousands of dollars to pay for these trips, when they arrive here supposedly destitute. I've been told they are funded by Arab states who provide the money top build mosques and islamic schools.
Taztek

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Islamics wanting to live with thier "own kind" sounds very un-Australian to me and suggests that they have no interest in integration into this country.
I have emigrated to Australia and I do not expect the government to fund any trips home for family reunions - that is one of the considerations when deciding to move to another country.

Nor do I expect to live in an enclave of my fellow countrymen. I am here to embrace everything that Australia stands for.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

I expect this proposal will be treated with the disdain it deserves.

Taxpayers are being slugged with so many new taxes, fees and charges. The idea of subsidising burqa ladies to go on social holidays and horny muslim men on wife hunting trips is going to go down like a lead balloon.
xxxx

Kanpur, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Advise for Muslim women
1:- Marry an Australian man.
2:- Leave Islam.
3:- Curse Islam in public.
Get tax benefits,otherwise ready to pay heavy taxes for being muslim.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Elias wrote:
I expect this proposal will be treated with the disdain it deserves.
Taxpayers are being slugged with so many new taxes, fees and charges. The idea of subsidising burqa ladies to go on social holidays and horny muslim men on wife hunting trips is going to go down like a lead balloon.
I have just read the article - what absolute rubbish - anyone who migrates to another country makes sacrifices, in the case of those arriving here, I assume they are making that sacrifice to benefit themselves and their families - the potential benefit which they may derive from living in a free country is sufficient compensation for the sacrifice they have made - ludicrous to suggest they should be funded for trips back to their country of origin.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I have just read the article - what absolute rubbish - anyone who migrates to another country makes sacrifices, in the case of those arriving here, I assume they are making that sacrifice to benefit themselves and their families - the potential benefit which they may derive from living in a free country is sufficient compensation for the sacrifice they have made - ludicrous to suggest they should be funded for trips back to their country of origin.
My parents and I were largely insulated from muslim cultural/religious expectations and it comes as a shock when I read things like this.

I'll be honest and say the muslim community are taking full advantage of whatever funding they can get out of the taxpayer. Perhaps they don't care if it looks bad. They will get the message that there are boundaries to using taxpayer money.
xxxx

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

On the contrary, they must be forefited all benefits if they go to their country.Their must be a clause in Australian immigration laws that, who arrives Australia for work will not go to his/her country of origin for next 10 upcoming years.

Since: Feb 10

Newtown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

I think it's australians who make the real sacrifice by being forced to live with ungrateful primitives from the most violent backward superstition-ridden societies on earth.

we should get a tax break. kind of like the baby bonus - they could call it the burkha bonus.

all this braindead demand will do is to make muslims more unpopular than they are already - although I wonder if thats possible.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Tiger7 wrote:
I think it's australians who make the real sacrifice by being forced to live with ungrateful primitives from the most violent backward superstition-ridden societies on earth.
we should get a tax break. kind of like the baby bonus - they could call it the burkha bonus.
For a countries population to remain sustainable you need a birth rate of 2.11; basically two parents being replaced by 2 children (plus a little extra).

The birth rate for Australians of European origin is currently around 1.3-1.7 (depending on the year). This means the percentage of Europeans in the population is decreasing and can only increase with migration.

The birth rates of Australian muslims ranges from 2.7-3.0, almost double that of white Australians.

So guess who is getting paid a baby bonus!

Newtown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
For a countries population to remain sustainable you need a birth rate of 2.11; basically two parents being replaced by 2 children (plus a little extra).
The birth rate for Australians of European origin is currently around 1.3-1.7 (depending on the year). This means the percentage of Europeans in the population is decreasing and can only increase with migration.
The birth rates of Australian muslims ranges from 2.7-3.0, almost double that of white Australians.
So guess who is getting paid a baby bonus!
thats why the baby bonus is a bad bad idea.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on current growth estimates and immigration the muslims will eventually replace all other groups as the biggest community in Australia. However there may be debate about how long this will take.

Newtown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on current growth estimates and immigration the muslims will eventually replace all other groups as the biggest community in Australia. However there may be debate about how long this will take.
it should never happen. judging by the european experience with middle eastern and african muslims, the aus govt should move mountains to ensure this doesn't happen in australia.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
it should never happen. judging by the european experience with middle eastern and african muslims, the aus govt should move mountains to ensure this doesn't happen in australia.
The government needs to start acting on this now, but it doesn't appear that they will - most Australians are having children later in life and less children, in this way the children have the most opportunity and the benefit of parents who would usually be financially stable - not so the Muslims - you really have to wonder if it isn't part of an orchestrated plan, to populate the country with a Muslim majority.
LMR

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you consider the thousands of dollars you win for having a baby on top of all the extra family assistance money you get for each additional child, I think many muslim families are living quite comfortably on Australian taxes as it is. If you add a little illegal activity into the equation, that would explain how so many of them can also afford to travel so extensively and drive expensive cars.

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
But based on earlier immigration & growth estimates, the same was said of Irish, Greeks, Chinese & Vietnamese. The birthrate will level off & immigration changes periodically.
Beady

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>But based on earlier immigration & growth estimates, the same was said of Irish, Greeks, Chinese & Vietnamese. The birthrate will level off & immigration changes periodically.
Attend to your obligations without delay.

We expect a full and unequivocal condemnation and nothing less.

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Beady wrote:
<quoted text>
Attend to your obligations without delay.
We expect a full and unequivocal condemnation and nothing less.
I fully & unequivocally condemn your level of stupidity. Your ancestors must have been smarter, otherwise you would still be in the trees.
Beady

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I fully & unequivocally condemn your level of stupidity. Your ancestors must have been smarter, otherwise you would still be in the trees.
That's the spirit, now direct your comments to the right party.

And for crying out loud put a bit more oomph and darkside into it.
LMR

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>But based on earlier immigration & growth estimates, the same was said of Irish, Greeks, Chinese & Vietnamese. The birthrate will level off & immigration changes periodically.
'

It would be interesting to see if there has been any decline in the number of children being born to muslim Australians with each subsequent generation living in this country, like there was with Greeks, Italians and Irish. I suspect there hasn't been.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Interracial,Multiracial, Multiethnic, and Multicultural Discussions

Search the Interracial,Multiracial, Multiethnic, and Multicultural Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Sun swedenforever 205
"America by the Numbers" on PBS Jul 23 stats dont lie 1
Florida moms, fearing racism, sending babies to... Jul 21 Frank 1
All Students Benefit from Minority Teachers Jul 21 ZIONISM IS RACISM 1
Mark Sakamoto's Forgiveness: A family history t... Jul 18 misc share your story 1
Singapore gay book row escalates Jul 17 Reverend Alan 13
Black guy, Asian girl: am I getting this dating... (Aug '13) Jul 12 Go Asian 6
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••