Is ethnic beauty the new 'it' factor?

Is ethnic beauty the new 'it' factor?

There are 39 comments on the CNN story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Is ethnic beauty the new 'it' factor?. In it, CNN reports that:

Women who desire a more "exotic" appearance are looking to the fashion world's growing multi-culturalism for inspiration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WTFE

United States

#21 Apr 12, 2011
If you are truley black then you will have black babies unless you're mixing the gene pool actually caucasion women are the ones that have babies of different skin tones and different shades of hair and eyes, where blacks only have wirey black hair and if they want a different shade of eye color they have to pay for it..lol..so who are the jealous ones?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#22 Jun 7, 2011
Im sorry but I have to go back and address something...mexicans are not a mix of white, native americans and blacks...lol
Proud to be me

United States

#23 Jul 28, 2011
Are you guys all idiots? Lol... You see this is why America and the world is so messed up, we stereotype on beauty like we ourselves don't have flaws. This type of ignorance that i've read on this blog is the reason why so many people especailly young people, have so many self-esteem issues and are so ready to be quickly put under the knife to change their apperance. Well I don't know about you guys but it seems like a bunch of people on here need to look at themselves in the mirror and have a reality check, yea its good to be proud of how you look because I believe God made us all beautifully, but also that your not perfect either. I would never tell my child or any other races child that they weren't beautiful because of a physical feature. You guys are sick and obviously lack confidence if you have to bash other to make yourself feel good..(and no I'm not talking to everyone, just those who knew they were being inappropriate)
Leroy

West Bloomfield, MI

#24 Jul 29, 2011
Exotic Ethnic Woman wrote:
Yes it's true first give all prasies to the African American Women God Blessed them with the whole package. Exotic Skin Tones, Exotic Features,Curves,Full Lips,Huge Butts,Huge Breast, African American Women have the Dominant Gene they can have all kids of every skin tone.
African American Women,Asian Women, And Latin Women, are The New It Factor..
White women have fallen into last place. White women have white skin,thin lips,small breast,flat butts,pointed noses and they can only have white skinned kids. White women uses black men to have kids with so there kids can look like African American Women kids with skin tones.
CNN just did an article on this today. Here's the link.. http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/09/13/ethnic.b...
Hey dont forget AA females have a 48 - 50% chance of having herpes.
Leroy

West Bloomfield, MI

#25 Jul 29, 2011
TNgurl79 wrote:
Im sorry but I have to go back and address something...mexicans are not a mix of white, native americans and blacks...lol
Uh, YES thay are DUH!!!!!!!!!!
KIM KARDASHIANS FAKE BUTT

Bayonne, NJ

#27 Sep 7, 2011
THE REAL DEAL ABOUT KIM KARDASHIANS CLAIM TO A NATURALLY BIG BUTT. SEE WEBSITE BELOW:

http://literarydish.com/2011/06/25/kim-kardas...

NON-BLACK SKINNED WHITE LATINO WOMEN ALSO HAVE THESE BUTT INJECTIONS, THUS MANY OF THEIR BUTTS ARE AS FAKE AS THE WHITE WOMEN WHO GET THESE BUTT INJECTIONS. BLACK WOMEN FEEL PROUD AS WHAT GOD GAVE YOU NATURALLY, ALL OTHERS WANT...FULL LIPS, FULL BREAST, BIG BUTTS AND BIG LEGS!

“To YouR OwN SeLF STaY TruE”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28 Sep 8, 2011
I'm white and i have all those things without any surgeries so your pretty ignorant!Everyone is different ..I've seen boney skinny azz black girls..It doesn't matter what race you are everyone is beautiful in their own way and you can't say that just black girls have full lips,plump butts,and thick legs cause im white as hell and i have all those things..:)

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#29 Nov 1, 2011
This topic is a joke and 99% of the people that made a comment has an I.Q below 30 anyway idk why there are black women and white women arguing on here about this and that ALLOW ME to inform you ladies of a 2010 study in 2010 they did a study of men and women of all ages and races to vote what is "ideal beauty " and 64% voted mixed race an idealy beautiful i mean come on now its always white women telling black women they want to look white and black woman telling ww they want to be black HA HA HA WRONG your not trying to look like each other at all actually your both trying to look mixed with something else in the end let's explore this what do bw do to look more mixed hair relaxer weave the hole light skin thing contacts now bw do less to try to look mixed infact i believe white women try to look mixed even more then bw do don't believe me? Let's explore again what do white women do to look mixed glad you asked tanning lip plumpers booty pops this new wave of the dark dark hair that's not pin straight not trying to be a bth but seriously idk how either of bw and ww can even speak on this matter if you go google "ideal face features of a female" go google these facts read it and see its not describing either a black women nor a white women I'm not talking the study I'm talking about studys they did on the human brain and how it understands and views another humans attractivness by measurements

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#30 Nov 1, 2011
Its rare that a black women wants to be 100% white and rare for a white women to want to be 100% black but both white women and black women both change so much about themselves when it comes to what you have naturally vs what you want to look like btw nothing wrong with changing if thats what you want I'm just saying as far as this ego think between bw and ww give it up
just saying

Glen Burnie, MD

#31 Nov 11, 2011
people on here are mean! I am mixed with white black and native american. And I love all that I am mixed with. I don't know why it is an argument black is beautiful and white is beautiful. I actually see more huge white ppl than black ppl. I can say that mixed or black ppl have been the it factor as far as body but I think at this point and time everyone is loving there selves for who they are. there are more diverse looking people of color than white people in my opinion
taylor13

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Nov 19, 2011
First off i believe every race is beautiful they all have certain features that are desirable... now on that note im a 15 year old girl i am african american and this is ridiculous! for america to be the so called "melting pot" people here are soo racist. i agree that we all are trying to be a mixture of races and i think thats great but the fact that all of these grown women are arguing over whos more beautiful tells me your insecure about your race. also both my parents are of a darker chocalate tone and i am lighter skin, black people can make all sorts of skin tones... this whole article makes me a little insecure as well because again im 15 and the fact that people are telling me because im black i am less beautiful than a latina girl or a white girl bothers me... the point is you all need to grow the hell up!! this isnt the 50s anymore we shouldnt have racial problems because while other countries are moving on to greater things where still worrying about whos skin tone is better.way to set an example

Location hidden

#33 Nov 26, 2011
I`ll admit that I have an affinity for darker exotic looks, but it`s a case of opposites attract. At the end of the day, you date an individual, not a race or composition thereof. Otherwise, you also can end up dating cultural aspects which aren`t so appealing---ie, the ghetto hoodrat. Then again, maybe some white men like that as well.

Location hidden

#34 Nov 26, 2011
speak-it wrote:
This topic is a joke and 99% of the people that made a comment has an I.Q below 30 anyway idk why there are black women and white women arguing on here about this and that ALLOW ME to inform you ladies of a 2010 study in 2010 they did a study of men and women of all ages and races to vote what is "ideal beauty " and 64% voted mixed race an idealy beautiful i mean come on now its always white women telling black women they want to look white and black woman telling ww they want to be black HA HA HA WRONG your not trying to look like each other at all actually your both trying to look mixed with something else in the end let's explore this what do bw do to look more mixed hair relaxer weave the hole light skin thing contacts now bw do less to try to look mixed infact i believe white women try to look mixed even more then bw do don't believe me? Let's explore again what do white women do to look mixed glad you asked tanning lip plumpers booty pops this new wave of the dark dark hair that's not pin straight not trying to be a bth but seriously idk how either of bw and ww can even speak on this matter if you go google "ideal face features of a female" go google these facts read it and see its not describing either a black women nor a white women I'm not talking the study I'm talking about studys they did on the human brain and how it understands and views another humans attractivness by measurements
Lol you replied did you not?You must be just as much an idiot anyone else.
kelsie

Parlin, NJ

#36 Jan 10, 2012
There are beautiful, ugly and average looking peeople in EVERY race give it a rest guys would you!

Location hidden

#37 Jan 10, 2012
kelsie wrote:
There are beautiful, ugly and average looking peeople in EVERY race give it a rest guys would you!
I totally agree!

Location hidden

#38 Mar 6, 2012
Leroy wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, YES thay are DUH!!!!!!!!!!
are you a true idiot??? they originate from spain...not africa, america or europe...get your history right before you try to debate!!!

Location hidden

#39 Mar 6, 2012
speak-it wrote:
wow if I reply to this post then I have a low IQ, but then what does that make you since you replied???
Toni

Riverside, CA

#40 Feb 23, 2015
uhohhh some ones green skin is showing.........don't be jealous of black women...ok.....lol
Toni

Riverside, CA

#41 Feb 23, 2015
Now look what you have done ......you have made white women feel more inferior than they already do..............no they don't have nice butts no they are not tanned....no they don't have nice lips.....LBT so what there's always surgery..........just look at most white celebs....none of them look white any more.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interracial,Multiracial, Multiethnic, and Multicultural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 22 hr Jake Steed 284
Lightskinned Mixed VS Darksinned Mixed (Sep '10) Apr 21 kkdkdkd 19
Black guy, Asian girl: am I getting this dating... (Aug '13) Apr 19 Do nice 29
Marvel's Jessica Jones Apr 18 Thrashmetalfan55 4
Do white men like girls with big butts (Aug '12) Apr 18 dougrhofflovve 125
Interracial relationships=White GENOCIDE (Sep '13) Apr 18 luvher 17
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) Apr 13 Moses Freaks 65
More from around the web