Biracial baby please help, dont judge.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Confused

Shreveport, LA

#1 Oct 20, 2009
Okay so here is the deal,
Im not sure if my baby is either mixed with asian or black.
Big mistake on my part, now its driving me crazy because i dont see either in her, and they are both dominant over white.
The only thing is the Asian boy was on my period, and i know that its very unlikely (but still possible) to get pregnant on your period. My cycle was 26 days. My daughter doesnt have dark ears, a dark private part, or mongolian spots. The skin above her nails, however, is darker than the rest of her. Its very noticeable.

For mothers of biracial babys mixed with black/white, Have any of you had a mixed baby with light brown hair, blue eyes? My family says this is NOT possible, that biracial babys are dark, and okay obviously most of them i see are, but i have seen some pretty light mixed babies. Did you go by the nails or ears, and did you baby have mongolian spots?

Do ALL biracial babies have mongolian spots?

I just watch Jon&Kate, their babys are 1/4 korean and they look Korean, my daughter doesnt look korean, but she also doesnt look black.

Im white, I think she resembles me.
The black guy is light, and his father is light.
The asian is 1/2 white, 1/2 korean.
Treece

Akron, OH

#2 Oct 25, 2009
Genes are complicated thing. Not all biracial kids and not even all koreans have the Spot because we have all been mixing nowadays. The only way for you to know for sure is to get a DNA test and not guess.

My cousins have light brown hair, was blonde when brown, and dark skin, but their skin is more pale but it also has a slight color but barely. Not all black have dark privates either and that would come more from friction than anything as any race can have dark privates, and that may or may not happen when she ages. Blue eyes CAN happen to mixed babies because more than not, the black father has some Caucasian descendent and has the gene for blue eyes somewhere. Just get a test to be sure hun so you won't have to worry.

Since: Jul 07

Mansfield, OH

#3 Nov 6, 2009
You cannot possibly be serious!

ANY combination of features is possible in a mixed child...in a child of ANY race for that matter. Have you ever taken a biology class or read anything about genetics? It is not as simple as 'looking' one race or another. Did you not read about the 'black' African American studies professor who wrote all these books on race in America...who thought he was black...then he had his DNA profile done and THERE WAS NO AA DNA IN HIS MAKE-UP? Zero. But he and his family 'look' black!

I have cousins who are caramel brown with green, blue and grey eyes. I have dark brown eyes with blue rings around them....and both of my parents are black!

Stop trying to figure it out based upon old wives tales and...not to be rude...but white peoples idea of what a 'black' or 'mixed' baby MUST look like. Do you know how many blacks have passed amongst you as white...even to this day? Look up Anatole Broyard...the man was a noted New York Times journalist and critic...who lived his entire life as a white man...and he did not even tell his daughter he was black until he was on his deathbed in 1990! So you are telling me you can ALWAYS tell what a person is just by looking at them? Obviously not.

Go have a DNA test...there is no one way mixed children turn out or are supposed to look....because unless you know for sure what is in YOUR genetic history as well as knowing exactly what is in hers...you have no way of knowing what you might get depending upon dominant and recessive genes.
Sandy

Marietta, GA

#4 Nov 28, 2009
I am a black female, (well my mother is mixed, Irish/Black and my father mostly black, 1/4 native American) and my children are mixed (white father) my oldest girl is fair, golden hair and green eyes (mine are green too) and my youngest is 13, fair and has brown curly hair and blue eyes. So it does happen once in awhile.

“~Belle et ReBelle ~”

Since: Oct 08

NYC

#5 Apr 6, 2010
how about a dna test from the two chaps, please tell me you still know them

“Wake up and live”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6 Apr 8, 2010
Confused wrote:
Big mistake on my part, now its driving me crazy because i dont see either in her, and they are both dominant over white.
The only thing is the Asian boy was on my period, and i know that its very unlikely (but still possible) to get pregnant on your period. My cycle was 26 days. My daughter doesnt have dark ears, a dark private part, or mongolian spots. The skin above her nails, however, is darker than the rest of her. Its very noticeable.
For mothers of biracial babys mixed with black/white, Have any of you had a mixed baby with light brown hair, blue eyes? My family says this is NOT possible, that biracial babys are dark, and okay obviously most of them i see are, but i have seen some pretty light mixed babies. Did you go by the nails or ears, and did you baby have mongolian spots?
I just watch Jon&Kate, their babys are 1/4 korean and they look Korean, my daughter doesnt look korean, but she also doesnt look black.
Hi,
I do not judge you. I am a mother of a biracial baby and I agree with other posters that biracial babies can be as light as the lightest parent. That said, the DNA test is the best way to figure out who the father is. If you cannot go that route, due to not knowing the father anymore, or never really knowing him in the first place, I believe that your child's features will develop over time to where you will be able to pin point which guy is the father, even if it is not based on skin tone. You should be able to detect Asian features or African American features over time, even if they are very subtle. And no, the ears, privates, or spots is no way of identifying the racial makeup of your child.

I think it is important that you find out who the father is so that you can explain to your child about his/her heritage. You do not want your child to have a big gap in understanding about his/her background.
Good luck, and please give that child all the love in the world. Your child is not a mistake. Your child is the most important reason for you to be alive right now and the most important reason for you to get your life together. I wish you all the best.
Lina

UK

#7 Apr 17, 2010
It's all based on genetics.My grandmother is mixed (black/white).
My mom and brother are light skinned with the exception of my brother's hazel eyes.
I have a caramel skin tone,mid back brown hair(light at the tips).
Your safest option is a DNA test.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Jun 29, 2010
A couple of my friends have biracial kids from black men and their skin color in-between, sort of a coffee brown. I have a biracial son from a very dark black ex boyfried and he's every bit a dark as his father. It's pretty much a random thing.

“I love being a Black Man”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#9 Jun 29, 2010
Shelly85 wrote:
A couple of my friends have biracial kids from black men and their skin color in-between, sort of a coffee brown. I have a biracial son from a very dark black ex boyfried and he's every bit a dark as his father. It's pretty much a random thing.
How did you feel about that?
nonnie

Oakland, CA

#10 Oct 25, 2010
Confused wrote:
The only thing is the Asian boy was on my period, and i know that its very unlikely (but still possible) to get pregnant on your period.
My cycle was 26 days. My daughter doesnt have dark ears, a dark private part, or mongolian spots. The skin above her nails, however, is darker than the rest of her. Its very noticeable.
um hunny what does it matter you talking like your ashamed to have a biracial baby ? you cannot go off looks bcuz i know some full black kids who look white and some mixed kids ( mostly black ) who look white . get a dna test and call it a day .

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#11 Oct 27, 2010
Making a big fuss for nothing
Racy JC

New York, NY

#12 Oct 29, 2010
I think the most important things is to figure out the paternity. That is not only important for you, but will be for your baby as it gets older. Its true that even two black parents can have a white child, seen it. Don't guess, know. For your baby's sake.

We recently launched a blog, Racy JC that focuses on dating within different races and cultures (Asian, Black, Indian, Jewish, Latino, among others) and approaches these issues in a new, honest, real, and non-PC way. I have and "ask JC" section so please feel free to write any questions to me. best of luck, Racy JC

http://www.igotthefeverbook.com/
social media: jcdaviesauthor

“SHOW YOURSELF! I LOVE HATERS! ”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#13 Nov 4, 2010
Confused wrote:
IM A PROUD MOTHER OF TWO BIRACIAL BOYS! YES MAAM MY FIRST SON WAS SO PRETTY AND HE HAD BEAUTIFUL BLUE EYES AS MYSELF BUT THEY CHANGED COLOR! I HAVE SOME NEPHEWS WHO ARE ALSO BIRACIAL AND THE WHITE IS MORE DOMINANT! AND YES YOU CAN BECOME PREGNANT WHILE ON YOUR CYCLE.
BNB

Sheffield, AL

#15 Mar 23, 2011
I know this post is very old, and whats funny is that is was posted on my little girls birthday. But I have 2 mixed children that definately have the same father (there are no other options), and they are one year apart. My oldest has tan skin, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair, however, my youngest one has flaming red hair, hazel eyes and is the same color as me, or maybe lighter...and I am white, so please tell ur parents they are wrong :)
tnta

Elk Grove, CA

#16 Jul 30, 2011
was married 33 years to mexican we had 3 children each 8 yrs apart they all looks the same, do my grandkids if we didnt write on the back of pic we couldnt tell. they are all beatiful o i am white. which shouldnt matter

Since: Jul 09

London, UK

#17 Aug 1, 2011
You had s*x on your period? Eww, nasty!!

Since: Apr 11

Stockbridge, UK

#18 Oct 24, 2011
Confused wrote:
Theres a lot of information in your post but you need to have the DNA test if you haven't already.Biracial babies can be any shade and have any eye colour.I have lightskin and brown eyes/dark hair and one of my friends has light brown hair and green eyes but her skin is caramel.I also know some mixed people who look 100% black,if I didnt know them personally I would never had thought they had a white parent.
mekia

Huntsville, AL

#19 Oct 29, 2011
I can almost promise that judging this girl is not what she asked for nor did GOD come down and give you the permission to do so....so before you call someone nasty or say you can't be serious... did you take a class on biology, genetics blah blah blah,understand that 1....no one, not even you are beyond being in her shoes....2 she's asking for help, and we all know a DNA test is the only way to be sure... but there are no stupid questions 3. If you don't have any thing nice to say to help someone else out, then shut up and worry about yourself since its obvious you aren't about helping anyone else...4. some people don't have the proper education and maybe they don't know about it 5. Maybe some of us need to take a class on manners and tact, there are ways to get things across without sounding judgemental, that people may better understand you, and would be open to help 6. This is the reason more people don't ask for help and end up in messed up situations and do stupid things whether that's hurt themselves or others, because they are scared people like you are going to judge them and be mean, so they hide themselves and sometimes the baby because of fear.....sweetheart, I hope you found out who the father is, not just for yourself but for your child, who isn't a mistakes or an accidents but a choice you and another person made and God blessed you with, no matter their race, they are a child of God and he knows no color or race, but makes us all beautiful in his eyes...the only race there is is the human race...embrace it...God bless you and that child and I wish you the best of luck!
Brittney

United States

#20 Nov 1, 2011
My daughter is mixed black and white with pale skin blue eyes and light brown hair

Since: Apr 11

Leicester, UK

#21 Nov 1, 2011
Brittney wrote:
My daughter is mixed black and white with pale skin blue eyes and light brown hair
I have a friend with that colouring but her dad is mixed race not black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interracial,Multiracial, Multiethnic, and Multicultural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is This Black Parenting Magazine Racist? Wed KIP 13
Interracial relationships=White GENOCIDE (Sep '13) Jun 26 Hans 14
News Interracial marriage i... Jun 22 poster213 19
Multiculturalism Sucks Jun 22 bolle 3
Do white men like girls with big butts (Aug '12) Jun 22 Hans 114
White Males - Would you date a Racist Black Woman? (Apr '10) Jun 22 straightwhitemale 5
white wome addicted to black men (Oct '09) Jun 21 Hans 41
More from around the web