Should I date an older black woman?
g_larry

Chula Vista, CA

#1 Apr 9, 2012
I work with an older black woman at my job. We are pretty good friends and hang out on our breaks a lot. A few months ago her husband of close to 20 years passed away. They have two kids together. She is now getting her life back together after the tragedy and lives with her kids and raises them by herself. She is very independent and self reliant. She has mentioned that she would like to date and eventually get remarried. When we hang out I kinda get the vibe she likes me. I mean more than as a friend. I don't mind hanging out, but I do get kinda worried that she is thinking I am going to ask her out soon. She is attractive and I wouldn't mind sleeping with her, but I had a bad experience with an older woman before. What should I do?
dawsoncreek98

Chula Vista, CA

#2 Apr 9, 2012
you should be respectful and let her know how you feel. majority of black woman like to tell how it is. don't lead her on. she is probably just lonely and enjoys your company since you are the only mature guy she has been talking to day in day out since her husband died. are her kids old or young?
g_larry

Chula Vista, CA

#3 Apr 9, 2012
she has two kids. the oldest (daughter) is leaving for college towards the end of this year. the youngest (son) is in high school still. i am just worried that if we do something and wind up sleeping together she might think that we are dating now.
dawsoncreek98

Chula Vista, CA

#4 Apr 9, 2012
since her nest is emptying she is looking for a companion again. just be a good friend to her. let her now of youre past experience. if it does come down to sex, then just let it happen. i am sure she understands that long lasting dating relationship or marriage between an older women and younger men do not last long. so it can only be about keeping company and/or sex.
genral40

Houston, TX

#5 Mar 29, 2014
Leave that hoe alone and save yourself some heartache.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interracial,Multiracial, Multiethnic, and Multicultural Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biracial people, do you really feel rejected by... (Jan '10) 23 hr lly 49
The scoop on the friend zone Aug 28 JBJ 1
Biracial Research Aug 17 Analia 1
News Despite Order, Office Refuses to Issue Gay Marr... Aug 14 Quest 2
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Aug 13 Virgin Infactuation 254
News Web Series 'Paper Boys' Has a Novel Protagonist... Aug 12 Fa-Foxy 3
White guy with mexican girl Aug 8 Mack25 1
More from around the web