'Angel' Who Gave $17 Million to Poor ...

'Angel' Who Gave $17 Million to Poor Detroit Area Residents Steps Back

There are 3 comments on the Patch.com story from Apr 1, 2014, titled 'Angel' Who Gave $17 Million to Poor Detroit Area Residents Steps Back. In it, Patch.com reports that:

All good things come to an end. And the $17 million "Angel Fund" set up by a mystery donor a decade ago to help Detroit's most vulnerable citizens with necessities such as rent, medicine and overdue utility bills was a very, very good thing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#1 Apr 2, 2014
see I told you there is no money fairy.

you have to actually go out and work for a living. much of the folks living on this planet do that.

there is an axiom in economics which states correctly

what you tax you get less of what you subsidize you get more of.

Now please take a moment look around Detroit and the state of Michigan and what do your wondering eyes see?

the results of 60 years of ignoring that axiom.

see all those empty factories , offices. the lack of jobs in you city, county or state??

Jobs all driven away by over taxation over regulation by city county, state and federal government ,lack of law enforcement protecting business from looters etc and greedy aggressive union bullies.

now see all those needy people with their hands out for more free stuff?? They have learned that if the whine loud enough and often enough government will give them something free to stop whining.

there you have it folks government economics 101 they don't teach that at Harvard. but you can learn really important stuffs like black history.
Mexico

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2 Apr 2, 2014
reality is a crutch wrote:
see I told you there is no money fairy.
you have to actually go out and work for a living. much of the folks living on this planet do that.
there is an axiom in economics which states correctly
what you tax you get less of what you subsidize you get more of.
Now please take a moment look around Detroit and the state of Michigan and what do your wondering eyes see?
the results of 60 years of ignoring that axiom.
see all those empty factories , offices. the lack of jobs in you city, county or state??
Jobs all driven away by over taxation over regulation by city county, state and federal government ,lack of law enforcement protecting business from looters etc and greedy aggressive union bullies.
now see all those needy people with their hands out for more free stuff?? They have learned that if the whine loud enough and often enough government will give them something free to stop whining.
there you have it folks government economics 101 they don't teach that at Harvard. but you can learn really important stuffs like black history.
Are you talking about the poor, or the American politician? Please submit an answer because it sounds as if it could be either one.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#3 Apr 2, 2014
Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the poor, or the American politician? Please submit an answer because it sounds as if it could be either one.
yes I am!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's on this week (Jul '14) Sat other invasive sp... 53
Gaming site partners with Save The Children Feb 4 Haloman 2
Car Donations / Giving (May '12) Feb 3 anonymous 2
Donating Cars for Charity? (May '11) Feb 3 anonymous 3
Project Feeding Kids Feb 2 Selinabrook 1
How best to advertise my site? Feb 2 bootz47 1
News Charities warned to put their house in order ov... Jan 24 True 1
More from around the web