W.Va. resort distributing $1M in holiday gifts

Dec 14, 2011 Full story: Myrtle Beach Online 36

WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. -- The Greenbrier and owner Jim Justice are donating $1 million in holiday presents to needy families in six states.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sad times in WSS

Moundsville, WV

#23 Dec 27, 2011
It will be harder for a rich man to get into heaven than a camel get thrue the eye of a needle.all the bought press wont help em.
Anonymous

Laurel, MD

#24 Dec 28, 2011
Coward wrote:
Dear Sad,

A little information is a dangerous thing. I see your posts all over, usually knocking Justice, big business or anyone who happens to have a different opinion than yours. You're quick to flail away when someone doesn't reveal their real name: put up or shut up. Justice owns The Greenbrier and either spends his money or funds The Greenbrier and did indeed donate $1mm for toys. The money that state spent to support the PGA TOUR event earned our state accolades and notoriety around the world. The economic benefit of this sponsorship is over a hundred million dollars in direct and indirect benefits. I already know you'll respond with some insane liberal rant about tax breaks, big business is bad and the man is keeping you down. Then you'll puke on about brown nosing, ass kissing and some other non-sense conspiracy theory. Do the world a favor, just shut up.
thank you for this!!!!
Anonymous

Laurel, MD

#25 Dec 28, 2011
sad times in WSS wrote:
It will be harder for a rich man to get into heaven than a camel get thrue the eye of a needle.all the bought press wont help em.
Just to give some historical reference and educate you on that particular portion of the bible. See the sad truth is, the bible is meant to be read in ENTIRETY not picked apart and use when convenient.(not referencing you just referencing that much of the King James is incomplete leaving out books that "scholars" found unnecessary.:-). Just know that it doesn't mean it is impossible for a rich man to go to heaven. Instead of leaving a long diatribe on this page here is a great site that explains in detail. Good reading :-)

http://www.biblicalhebrew.com/nt/camelneedle....
sigh

Summersville, WV

#26 Dec 28, 2011
Goodness say anything that may go against what someone else may believe and all of the sudden they go on the defensive like someone had screwed their sister. The Bible is full of double standards and is open to much interpretation I for one am Christian and feel obligated to respond to the above statement because the verse in debate does not say that a rich man would have any more trouble getting into heaven then a poor man and if you do read the bible in its entirety you will also understand when it speaks of a "rich man" that it is a monicker for those with money who (and these are my interpretations and of others) persecute the poor, or because they have money live their lives with poor morals and do not appreciate things, and believe they are above others with a higher status due to money. To give you an example the congressman who stated, after being questioned about his 6.8 million in profits, that after payroll and bills that he is left with ONLY about 600,000 to feed his family, another congressman I believe from Md, Steele did not even know what minimum wage was. The point of this is these "rich people" are detached from the reality of the world and would consider it a sacrifice if they had to live on 100,000 a year which many would consider a blessing also as I stated earlier that the bible has many interpretations and if you asked 10 people their take on certain verses then you would probable get 10 different versions but overall fact is the Bible supplies everyone with a blueprint to live a morally good and fulfilling life so regardless of your links if you think about it because you are obviously an intelligent person why do you think there are so many different denominations in the christian beliefs, Baptist, Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, Catholic, and so on that regardless of the stories of their beginnings it was due largely to different interpretations.(in a nutshell you cannot buy your way into heaven and I believe they original post stated that)
why

Princeton, WV

#27 Dec 29, 2011
why is it that know matter what jim does it is always meet with a negative comment
Sad but true

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#28 Dec 30, 2011
In this state, big is always perceived as bad. Sadly, it is our biggest weakness.
not negative

Summersville, WV

#29 Dec 30, 2011
Justice as a person is not a bad Guy like his work with the hs basketball program I believe is because he sincerely enjoys it and does it with best intentions and his business move are well intentioned all I try to state is it is still business and fact is if he is losing a lot of money after a few years don't think that cut backs or a possible sale of the greenbrier would not happen its just business and don't be fooled with a bunch of PR moves when they are business moves and doesn't make him God just a good business man look at trump you wouldn't say he is a great person even though he does a lot of charitable stuff butbyou cannot deny he is savvy when it comes to business
Oh really

Princeton, WV

#30 Dec 30, 2011
Jim fancies himself to be like Carnegie, the Rockefellers and the Vanderbilts. They destroyed the livelihood of thousands of families whilst building their empires - then at the end set up foundations to give away (some) their money - to remove the tarnish from the family name. Jim is no different, but this move is pretty transparent. Is that $1M figure the retail value or actual cost? How much of a tax write-off is he getting?

How much would it have cost to buy this kind of publicity under normal circumstances? Probably more.
Amy

Anonymous Proxy

#31 Jan 14, 2012
Nice way to bring loving warmth and joy to needy children of disadvantaged families. 3192705605@vtext.com
Holidays are here

Charleston, WV

#32 Nov 13, 2012
Is there programs for children in this area this year? I've never used any programs, never needed help until now. Our family suffered loss of sudden income due to serious illness. If anyone has information I'd appreciate the help. Thank you and many blessings.
Amanda

Charleston, WV

#33 Nov 15, 2012
I believe what he is doing is wonderful and I know for a fact because I saw it with my own eyes last year the look on the kids faces when they got their gifts and that was all some of them got for Christmas and I will be forever grateful for that memory. Thank you Jim Justice and family for what you do for this community. I hope everyone has a Blessed Christmas.
Helping

Lewisburg, WV

#34 Nov 15, 2012
Holidays are here wrote:
Is there programs for children in this area this year? I've never used any programs, never needed help until now. Our family suffered loss of sudden income due to serious illness. If anyone has information I'd appreciate the help. Thank you and many blessings.
Watch the WV Daily news. The is a thing called Penny pITCH. You have to fill out an application and they interview the ones they help. I believe they do it in ome. Also contact the Greenbrier Chapter of Fraternal Order of Police. They do Shop with a Cop. I hope this helps some!
LMAFO

United States

#35 Nov 15, 2012
The kids were publicity....get a life. Justice does not give anything away without Jimmy being in the spotlight. Guests, donations, and evidently employees were urged to donate....do you honestly think for one freaking minute $1,000,000,000 toys are distributed LOCALLY???? Oh hell no! You do the math wannabe believers...
sand stones

Milton, WV

#36 Nov 16, 2012
^^^^^^

no one said it was one billion dollars worth of toys idiot. when was the last time you donated anything, time or money? He deserves the publicity. Go and check out the mound of toys in the hotel that will be the only Christmas that some kids will have.
great

United States

#37 Nov 22, 2012
I think this is a wonderful thing that mr. Justice is doing for the community
father christmas

United States

#38 Nov 26, 2012
I hope this helps a lot of kids in our area this year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halton Hills business team with local non-profi... 18 hr Churches unite 2
Burlington cancer survivor fears being homeless 19 hr Yuh Mean 2
Egg Nog Jog supports charities Sat Jon 1
Water Charity! Jan 21 TheMaster 1
Motivating busiesses to give back Jan 13 David 2
What's on this week Jan 9 Brampton monster ... 4
Donate A Soccer Ball At A Time Jan 9 futbolforkids 2

Donate to Charities on Charity Blossom

More from around the web