W.Va. resort distributing $1M in holiday gifts

Dec 14, 2011 Full story: Myrtle Beach Online 36

WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. -- The Greenbrier and owner Jim Justice are donating $1 million in holiday presents to needy families in six states.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Confused

Lewisburg, WV

#1 Dec 15, 2011
He isn't doing it the greenbrier is and there is a sign asking guest to purchase a gift and have it placed there making him look better
Confused

Lewisburg, WV

#2 Dec 15, 2011
Therefore begging guests to buy
stating the truth

Princeton, WV

#3 Dec 15, 2011
Fact is, I seriously doubt this area will get very much! Probably whatever is left after all the other states get their donations!!!!!
Merry Christmas

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#4 Dec 16, 2011
The presents were real, the charities picked them up and many children will be happy (who may not have otherwise received anything). Mr. Justice owns The Greenbrier = Mr. Justice donated the presents. The guests who also purchased gifts and donated them to the cause should be thanked too. I'm not sure when the Grinch stole your Christmas or why you are so miserable nor does anyone care. Celebrate the season and be thankful for what you have.
Exactly

#5 Dec 16, 2011
Merry Christmas is right: why can't people just accept a king gesture instead of always knocking something down? God bless all the children who received a toy from this promotion; maybe it will change their life for the better.
good grief

United States

#6 Dec 16, 2011
I refer u back to the other post merry Christmas with your insufferable butt kissing all that was stated was the greenbrier is accepting donations and gifts to give to charities and that it is not justice you think it is all so charitable I mean seriously I bet you take pictures next to the life size cutout of justice in the greenbrier shoppe does that not look like a big ego I don't know what is
Confused

Lewisburg, WV

#7 Dec 16, 2011
1st of all let me say this I'm glad them kids get presents. I myself donated a present as well. I'm tired of mr justice being praised by god he didn't recognize the others that donated. Every1 thanks he is GOD well by god he is not. I work for the man if u don't work there shut the hell up. Aman good grief.
Clarification

#8 Dec 18, 2011
Justice used a million of his own money and bought the gifts. He then asked people to donate as well if they wished. Whats so hard to understand? Oh and I do work for him.
sad

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 18, 2011
I will call it generous if he doesn't turn it in for a tax write off and personally I will call it WV donation considering he got a million from the state for the PTA tourney
sad

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 18, 2011
Oh and it wasn't his personal money but greenbrier money
Coward

Princeton, WV

#11 Dec 18, 2011
Dear Sad,

A little information is a dangerous thing. I see your posts all over, usually knocking Justice, big business or anyone who happens to have a different opinion than yours. You're quick to flail away when someone doesn't reveal their real name: put up or shut up. Justice owns The Greenbrier and either spends his money or funds The Greenbrier and did indeed donate $1mm for toys. The money that state spent to support the PGA TOUR event earned our state accolades and notoriety around the world. The economic benefit of this sponsorship is over a hundred million dollars in direct and indirect benefits. I already know you'll respond with some insane liberal rant about tax breaks, big business is bad and the man is keeping you down. Then you'll puke on about brown nosing, ass kissing and some other non-sense conspiracy theory. Do the world a favor, just shut up.
lol

Charleston, WV

#12 Dec 18, 2011
you obviously have no knowledge of business whatsoever you say what I say to be conspiracy theory and that I would flail away because someone put up their real name lol you obviously do not know me and I obviously could care less about your brainwashed opinions I speak my mind based on facts and observation Fact #1 when you own a large business the business funds are not the owners funds they are the business funds and cannot be spent on personal ventures Fact #2 any business advisor will tell you that when you have a large amount of taxable income it is actually cheaper for you to donate to a charity for a tax break or tax write off not to mention the free advertising Fact #3 you speak of the economic benefit from this tournament and notoriety over the world with hundreds of millions in direct and indirect benefits which are what may I ask beyond hotels, gas stations, because regardless of your thinking there is very little local impact to even come close to your numbers due to the fact the local area is not set up at this time to handle the massive amount of traffic which actually makes it a hinderance to local business due to the fact incoming people will wait to get out of town to avoid the delay and locals will wait until they have left to go out Fact #5 I am not some moron who is going and making random personal insults I am very well educated and have worked in the upper levels of managements in numerous businesses and been heavily involved in politics beyond reading a paper or internet article and have yet to see more then 1% that had either high ethical or moral values Fact #5 what I have to say may not make you or a lot of people very happy and personally I can care less (since you have been following me you know I have also served this country in the military) and have earned my right to say what I please I am not making any personal insults other then to retort the ones such as yourself who think that talking trash is hurting my feelings lol! Fact #6 I never have stated anything regarding the man holding me or anyone down the only excuse for anyone to be held down is their own personal fault due to the fact that you people such as yourself who believe everything you hear and read I would challenge you to actually do a little research and prove me wrong but I am afraid it is a little too far over your head because you are already showing that you are the type to believe everything for face value so if you would like to debate and prove me wrong debate and show me how I am I will gladly have a friendly debate but if you would prefer to throw trash talk at each other save your breath and grow up
lol

Charleston, WV

#13 Dec 18, 2011
oh and as far as your coward statement I see you are quick to throw up the name coward I would be glad to have a personal conversation with you because what I am saying is nothing more then what is wrong with this country today which you must think is doing great with its high levels of unemployment, downgraded credit rating, extremely high dissent on a global level, massive amount of debt, a government who protects people who protest at soldiers funerals, and much more but as I will not apologize for hurting your feelings
Thank you

Princeton, WV

#14 Dec 18, 2011
You have been revealed!
and

Charleston, WV

#15 Dec 18, 2011
And so lol u gonna come knock on my door and what tell me I'm mean lol
and

Charleston, WV

#16 Dec 18, 2011
U must understand I'm not the liberal that u think I am I keep plenty of guns in fact I love my guns so please come knocking would you like directions lol
Thank you

Princeton, WV

#18 Dec 19, 2011
Go ahead; have another
all around

Moundsville, WV

#19 Dec 26, 2011
I was woundering if any of the one million went to local needy or penny pitch.charity starts at home.Havent heard of anyone local.just woundering.
lmao

United States

#20 Dec 27, 2011
Of course NONE of the gifts were distributed locally. That would not allow the national news exposure that he was looking for. Once again, supporting his local community was a joke. There are so very many needy folks here in the surrounding communities, many of which are families that LOST their jobs at the hotel by his practice of hiring immigrants. I personally found that the "secret santa" paying off layaways was awesome. Seeing the expressions on these people's faces when they found out their layaway was paid in full brought me to tears...
exactly

Charleston, WV

#22 Dec 27, 2011
It is your small people that r truly charitable it made me proud of my small town to see how many people actually gave to the gift boards I saw personally large trash bags FULL of gifts towards needy families in the local area yes they may not be 500 dollar gifts but everyone chipped in and gave these local families a great Christmas and it makes me proud because with all the drama that comes from living in a small town it is all worth it when u see how well we take care of our own I do hope everyone had a Merry Christmas because this one was a great one to see the generosity and how everyone sticks together regardless of how tough the times are!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al-Madinah Charitable Foundation in the Gambia Oct 22 Salman 1
East Atlanta Residents Recognized as Influentia... Oct 14 Bob Rooney 1
Donate to me by betting on sports games. Oct 10 MoonCanvas 1
Columbus among least-generous cities for charit... Oct 10 EB has left the b... 11
ONLY 35 MORE VOTES NEEDED to get us in the runn... Oct 5 foodbanker 1
Coat drive aims to spread warmth in the community Oct 3 just saying 2
Making an impact Sep 30 Medewiwin 1

Donate to Charities on Charity Blossom

Charity People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE