White House Seeks to Change Internati...

White House Seeks to Change International Food Aid

There are 35 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Apr 4, 2013, titled White House Seeks to Change International Food Aid. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

An Obama administration plan to change the way the United States distributes its international food aid has touched off an intense lobbying campaign by a coalition of shipping companies, agribusiness and charitable groups who say the change will harm the nation's economy and hamper efforts to fight global hunger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Slatman

Columbus, GA

#22 Apr 20, 2013
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you can. Don't cash the check.
Its my money idiot. Just give it all back to me and we'll be even.
You lose idiot.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#23 Apr 20, 2013
Slatman wrote:
Its my money idiot. Just give it all back to me and we'll be even.
You lose idiot.
Like I said, don't take one dime more than you put in. After that, it isn't your money. You get the statements, you know exactly what you've put in.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, I know.

So to recap, Millions of starving people don't get fed so that you can give money to shipping conglomerates and corporate farms is good, while giving money to American health care providers and mandating that said money gets spent on helping sick Americans is bad.

You're quite the thinker, aren't you?

You're FOR government waste and lining the pockets of special interests and Billionaire Corporate entities but AGAINST feeding starving people and healing sick people.
I'll bet you're clueless enough to call yourself a good Christian at the same time.
Slatman

Columbus, GA

#24 Apr 20, 2013
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, don't take one dime more than you put in. After that, it isn't your money. You get the statements, you know exactly what you've put in.
You still don't get it dumbazz, I have to participate, I and others don't get an option. You are about dumb as dirt aren't you boy.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suite, if fact, you aren't much of a thinker now are you. Sorry we are not going to dumb down this board for you, I hope others in the state of Washington aren't as dumb as you.
Bangalore

Columbus, GA

#25 Apr 20, 2013
The Walmart mentality is spreading I see, doesn't matter where it came from, look how cheap it is.
columbus native

Edmond, OK

#26 Apr 23, 2013
Jim R Pickens wrote:
America plays a major role in feeding the poor throughout the world, this is a good thing. Now Obama doesn't want to continue to help AMERICAN farmers in this process by buying their food and shipping it overseas.
Another stupid idea from the most idiotic president this nation has ever known.
I believe he is trying to determine what percentage of this food aid is actually getting to it's intended target. There are food charity organizations who would buy a brand new private jet and transport 100 pounds of wheat to a third world country. This may be a bit extreme but over the past years there has been little watch over these charities who bring in billions of dollars tax-free. If you read the IRS tax code it will show you how much is suppose to get to the people that they have collected these billions of dollars for. Look at Haiti, 30 billion in tax free charity money was collected for them. Do you see anywhere close to that much money in food and other forms of help?
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#27 Apr 24, 2013
Slatman wrote:
You still don't get it dumbazz, I have to participate, I and others don't get an option. You are about dumb as dirt aren't you boy..
I'll type slow, dipshit.
You have to put in, you don't have to take out more than you've put in. They give you statements so you can calculate exactly what you've put in. Maybe you can get someone to help you with that part, being as stupid as you are. When you've received what you've been required to put in, put your money where your mouth is and stop taking any more benefit. Unless you're a hypocrite leech, of course.
You can even offset the cost of the public education that you received. You should get a credit for that, as whomever taught you to read failed miserably.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#28 Apr 24, 2013
You're FOR government waste and lining the pockets of special interests and Billionaire Corporate entities but AGAINST feeding starving people and healing sick people.

Tell us how that makes you a good Christian or a good American.
Ted

Atlanta, GA

#30 Apr 25, 2013
IMHO I think that if the government buys anything, it should be USA grown, made, produced etc.
That doesn't matter whether they feed folks in Appalachia or Africa, America should give its own stuff.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#31 Apr 26, 2013
Ted wrote:
IMHO I think that if the government buys anything, it should be USA grown, made, produced etc.
That doesn't matter whether they feed folks in Appalachia or Africa, America should give its own stuff.
The thing is, Ted, they can feed MILLIONS more people because it cost so much to ship it over there. Why do you feel farmers need to be GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIZED? Why should people literally STARVE to keep Corporate Farm Conglomerates (who can afford lobbyists) feeding from the government trough?
Shouldn't farms compete on their merit, or are you a Communist?
Everett

Opelika, AL

#32 Apr 26, 2013
That's all well and good Frisbee, but we farmers here in Georgia laugh at your clueless talk of "corporate farm conglomerates" you show you have no idea what you are talking about.
When I see the government riding around in Toyotas and turn there back on GM I might get back with you.
This sure ain't communism and sure ain't no subsidy either. If the government don't want to buy my peanuts then fine, but do it for those unions products made up north too then, yeah I didn't think so.
People like you got their heads so far up their backsides they can see why it's so dark and smells so bad.

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#33 Apr 26, 2013
Everett wrote:
That's all well and good Frisbee, but we farmers here in Georgia laugh at your clueless talk of "corporate farm conglomerates" you show you have no idea what you are talking about.
When I see the government riding around in Toyotas and turn there back on GM I might get back with you.
This sure ain't communism and sure ain't no subsidy either. If the government don't want to buy my peanuts then fine, but do it for those unions products made up north too then, yeah I didn't think so.
People like you got their heads so far up their backsides they can see why it's so dark and smells so bad.
Don't let him get you worked up, Everett.
He's just our local troll, he can't get any attention up on the Washington Topix boards so he has to come here and try to act like he's somebody "enlightened", enjoy his absurdity and laugh at his brainless silliness. Then just put him on ignore.
I love your last sentence, funny stuff.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#34 Apr 26, 2013
Everett wrote:
So you didn't even read the article you're talking about? Way to show us all how on the ball you are.
Jim R Pickens wrote:
He's just our local troll, he can't get any attention up on the Washington Topix boards so he has to come here and try to act like he's somebody "enlightened", enjoy his absurdity and laugh at his brainless silliness. Then just put him on ignore.
Let us know when you're man enough to admit that our fighting men and women at Africom aren't the dishonorable lairs you accuse them of being. Can't face your own words, can you?
Everett

Opelika, AL

#35 Apr 27, 2013
Jim R Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the heads up Jim. I have ran into a few like this character on Topix.
Ridenour

Columbus, GA

#36 Apr 27, 2013
Everett wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the heads up Jim. I have ran into a few like this character on Topix.
Topix is chock full of nutjobs.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#37 Apr 27, 2013
Everett wrote:
People who actually read the article they are commenting on? If only there were more people that in the world.
But please, continue talking about peanuts, toyotas, or whatever else isn't even mentioned in the article we're discussing. You're really on the ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton's foundational problem 11 hr okimar 2
News Rubin: Country club goes from - Yay, us' to - Y... Wed Benny 2
Couple Raising $20,000 To Pay For Premature Son... Aug 18 Asim Mohammed 1
Desperate family in need Aug 11 Dana 1
Add Color to Black & White Art in Lightroom Pho... Aug 3 Andymolly 1
donations welcomed Aug 1 Anonymous 1
News New SABIC Leaves 'Bittersweet' Parting Gift To ... Jul 26 so what 12
More from around the web