Women who have seen combat say lifting ban is 'getting with the times'

Jan 24, 2013 Full story: CNN 40

From left, Marines Sgt. Sheena Adams and Lance Cpl. Kristi Baker and Navy Hospital Corpsman Shannon Crowley work with a Female Engagement Team in Afghanistan in November 2010.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 24, 2013
Let's see. How else can Obama weaken America? HMM.
Cut defense spending.
Cap and Trade to bring us down to the level of European failed society.
Weaken Israel.
Embolden Al Qaeda by covering for them with lies and apologizing for something we didn't do in Benghazi.
Allow the murder of Chris Stevens to go unpunished.
Sell F-16s to Egypt.
Weaken the foundation of our freedom. The separation of powers.
Make Chris Dodd in charge of the Motion Picture Association of America so his propaganda and agendas gets shoved constantly down our throats on TV and in the theaters.

What did I miss?
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Yea right, I doubt that women in the military want to be treated as liberals.

Lets see if you are a male and they say you are going to an infantry unit to serve on the front lines in combat, do you get a choice in that?????? Can you decide that is too dangerous and tell the Army that you want to do something else cause that is too dangerous and physically demanding.

I am tired of people who want to be treated as equals until they don't.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Right now, start requiring young women to register for the DRAFT, just as young men are. We will see just how serious women are about this equality. They have had the luxury of sitting around seeing men die in numbers several magnitudes in size great than women in war; they have had the luxury of serving in less dangerous jobs. Time to WOMAN UP! DRAFT WOMEN!
Strawberry Zachary

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2013
I'm a gay teen and thinking of joining the millitary. I heard that since the ban was lifted, almost all of the soldiers came out and are openly gay. I heard now it's DO ask and DO tell. Is this true?

It makes sense, why would a straight male willingly enlist otherwise? It would be like joining jail lol. I never see soldiers around women, and if I do they look like closet gays. The dad in american beauty comes to mind.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Strawberry Zachary wrote:
I'm a gay teen and thinking of joining the millitary. I heard that since the ban was lifted, almost all of the soldiers came out and are openly gay. I heard now it's DO ask and DO tell. Is this true?
It makes sense, why would a straight male willingly enlist otherwise? It would be like joining jail lol. I never see soldiers around women, and if I do they look like closet gays. The dad in american beauty comes to mind.
Not funny, you piece of shit.
Strawberry Zachary

United States

#6 Jan 24, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not funny, you piece of shit.
Lol, sounds like this one hit close to home for you! I don't think the s word is acceptable on topix, or anywhere else; however.

Did you recently come out, Ken? Maybe your name should be "manhunt" instead!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Cut defense spending.
Weaken Israel.
Embolden Al Qaeda by covering for them with lies and apologizing for something we didn't do in Benghazi.
Sell F-16s to Egypt.
Make Chris Dodd in charge of the Motion Picture Association of America so his propaganda and agendas gets shoved constantly down our throats on TV and in the theaters.
What did I miss?
No, Ann, going on a Mormon mission in Paris
is not the equivalent of fighting the Taliban
in Afghanistan.
WoW

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Lol, sounds like this one hit close to home for you! I don't think the s word is acceptable on topix, or anywhere else; however.
Whats with the flame bait? If you want to be taken seriously, grow up. This is what gives gays a bad rap, stupid SHIT like this. Yes, I said it... SHIT!
Strawberry Zachary

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Lulz u just told a teenager to grow up. Sounds like u nd 2 grow up man.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 24, 2013
IF they can do the same work as the men effectively and just as well, send them in. Lets face it technology is getting to the point were gender may not be such an issue. Just as long as the WOMEN are not given a different standard from the MEN.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#11 Jan 24, 2013
The only way we should put women in combat is if we are running short of men. The battle field is no place to play politically correct gender games.

“Election over; back to work!”

Since: Feb 07

Tampa, FL

#12 Jan 24, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
IF they can do the same work as the men effectively and just as well, send them in. Lets face it technology is getting to the point were gender may not be such an issue. Just as long as the WOMEN are not given a different standard from the MEN.
The standard in the Army is already different between the genders. Its not a good barometer. A woman who maxes the female PT test in the Army is in no way in the sane physical condition as a male who maxes his test.
As an enlisted Infantry Soldier, we had female medics attached to us in Afghanistan. Not a good move, for them or us when speed and violence of action were the norm. They just couldn't hang through a 3-4 day mission.
The same thing happened a couple years later on my next deployment as a Field Artillery Officer, who's unit was asked to do a maneuver mission, again in Afghanistan, this time with even more female medics attached throughout the battalion.
And finally, while the lines of combat are blurred in the asymmetrical warfight and women have been killed maimed and even captured on the battlefield, the fact remains that as a nation we have never asked our daughters to go to war. Since we are now allowing then to take frontline positions its only a matter of time before the inevitable lawsuit or piece of legislation pops up that is intended to require all women over the age of 18 to register with Selective Service. As a father with a daughter, I don't want that to happen.
B loss

Hanoi, Vietnam

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Cut defense spending.
Weaken Israel.
Sell F-16s to Egypt.
What did I miss?
U missed Woofe Topix situation rum not room!!;-000
B loss

Hanoi, Vietnam

#14 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
don! dat is funnnie kiddo;-0000
Bee loss

Hanoi, Vietnam

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Robert wrote:
The only way we should put women in combat is if we are running short of men. The battle field is no place to play politically correct gender games.
do U wanna O-bama left or yo+right?!!! no Centristree in TOPIX;-0
Strawberry Zachary

United States

#16 Jan 24, 2013
B loss wrote:
<quoted text>
don! dat is funnnie kiddo;-0000
Haha yea I think Ken used to play with his sister's Ken dolls when he was a kid! Or maybe his priest used to play with his little skin doll!

Why else would he get so defensive?

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#17 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Haha yea I think Ken used to play with his sister's Ken dolls when he was a kid! Or maybe his priest used to play with his little skin doll!
You insulted every person who served in uniform for our country, including many buried at Arlington, Normandy, and many other places. You are a steaming pile of shit.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#18 Jan 24, 2013
WoW wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats with the flame bait? If you want to be taken seriously, grow up. This is what gives gays a bad rap, stupid SHIT like this. Yes, I said it... SHIT!
He is not queer at all. Just a pile of shit.
Amanda

Hanoi, Vietnam

#19 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
do U know Y Jay Leno make so much$$$ his 1st Amenday not Amendmentwo day!! ;-0000h, welcome to Topix Class 101;-000
Amanda

Hanoi, Vietnam

#20 Jan 24, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text> He is not queer at all. Just a pile of shit.
U hidden URL or DNS? where so U learn dat words bless ? God Bloss Americun!! ;-000

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chef Jamie Gregorich eliminated from 'Hell's Ki... (Aug '11) 8 min dmw 5
The Musket Room's Matt Lambert Explains New Zea... 2 hr Church Mowree 1
Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) 2 hr Steve 6
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) 3 hr HAM 12345 2
Rusty's bread was a memorable loss (Aug '08) 4 hr Jo Ann Hames Gamez 19
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 4 hr Mobu Consumer 8,266
Catholic League to sit out St. Patrick's Day pa... 5 hr eJohn 75
•••

Life People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE