Jury deems fatal stabbing self-defense | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Less than an hour after Christopher L. Liggins was acquitted of murder yesterday by a Franklin County Common Pleas jury, he walked out of jail for the first time in nearly 11 months.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tater

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

I don't care what he was defending ....no one should be jailed for SELF-DEFFENCE why was he in jail for 11 months when he was not the agresser???? Homeless drunk or not he was being attacked and had to defend himself!!!! This man should sue for being wrongly arrested.........you are innocent untill PROVEN guilty ...not the other way around.......this STINKS BAD!!!!!!!
Say What

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

Liggins and Bradford both have extensive records of alcohol, drug abuse, assault, theft, robbery. They both found each other that day. Liggins won out. Although, won what? He'll be back causing mayhem in no time. These type of individuals need deported. They are a drain on society and don't want help. They rather seek out their next victim and take. At least one will not be back on the streets.
Ccw carrier

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

Yea but he was shown to have retreated from the scene and the fight,and he kept coming after him. He had the duty to show retreat and he did and the man kept coming after him. I would find him not guilty if I am on the jury.

Been different if he stayed and kept stabbing him. The he would be gulity in my mind.
Shokri

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Deported? What the heck are you talking about?
Say What wrote:
Liggins and Bradford both have extensive records of alcohol, drug abuse, assault, theft, robbery. They both found each other that day. Liggins won out. Although, won what? He'll be back causing mayhem in no time. These type of individuals need deported. They are a drain on society and don't want help. They rather seek out their next victim and take. At least one will not be back on the streets.
king c-zar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Say What wrote:
Deport him to where? The west side?
cld

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

In my opinion, he got away with murder.
MAO

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

Tater wrote:
I don't care what he was defending ....no one should be jailed for SELF-DEFFENCE why was he in jail for 11 months when he was not the agresser???? Homeless drunk or not he was being attacked and had to defend himself!!!! This man should sue for being wrongly arrested.........you are innocent untill PROVEN guilty ...not the other way around.......this STINKS BAD!!!!!!!
I agree Tater! Who gives a D_mn what he was protecting, as long as it was his he had the right to do it under the circumstances. It makes you wonder how the police make any arrests of "real" criminals when their busy hemming up the "not guilty" party...Maybe he can sue the City and the cops. A year is way longer then it should have taken to determine this guy didn't just kill somebody! Best part of it for ol dude is he got three hots and a cot...on the City's dime.
MAO

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Say What wrote:
So it would seem you have more information than the Dispatch is giving out??
yo yo yo

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

To Mao, c-zar, shokri:

I was being humane in saying deport him. The POS should be locked up. Retreat my A**. Look at this guys record he has numerous assault charges, drug, alcohol felonies etc. He even assaulted Police and Firemen!!! This POS is over 200 lbs. and has a severe attitude issue. The guy he killed had no weapon and was 150 lbs. I think it was the other way around. He tried to rob the small guy. Why would you run after a man with a weapon after he stabbed you...wake up idiots!!!
MAO

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

yo yo yo wrote:
To Mao, c-zar, shokri:
I was being humane in saying deport him. The POS should be locked up. Retreat my ****. Look at this guys record he has numerous assault charges, drug, alcohol felonies etc. He even assaulted Police and Firemen!!! This POS is over 200 lbs. and has a severe attitude issue. The guy he killed had no weapon and was 150 lbs. I think it was the other way around. He tried to rob the small guy. Why would you run after a man with a weapon after he stabbed you...wake up idiots!!!
Considering I don't seem to be privy to all this additional information you speak of, I commented based on the Dispatch story. It's a little harsh to go around calling people idiots when they are not trying to be inflammatory or anything. Based on the story it sounded like his rights were violated. Give us the scoop or a resource to verify this stuff you say he's guilty of.
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

I am betting that Liggins could not make bail or did not have anyone willing to post his bail so that he could get out until his trial. Judges set bail to assure defendants will show up for trial. Liggins did indeed kick it on the citys dime for 11 months. Does anyone know if he has spent any amount of time locked up before? I know there are a lot of Super Slueths out there.
What say you Columbo?
niceta bradford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2010

Judged:

christopher liggins smoke crack to thats what the fight was about 50 dollars worth of crack
niceta bradford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2010

Judged:

and yes he will be back in jail for something else they let a killer out to kill again my brother had no wapone on him christopher wanted to have sex with a girl my brother knew she got the 50 dollars and bounes on him and he got mad and took it out on my brother
niceta bradford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Judged:

my bropther had no weapon becuase he wasnt a robber liggins is a killer he case my brother across the street and stabbed him again now is that self-defense or murder. m-u-r-d-e-r
niceta bradford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Judged:

chase my brother and stabbed him in his side close to his heart and lung niking his rib there is no way my brother was still comming after him when liggins stabbed him the frist time. liggins made up that story
niceta bradford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Judged:

niceta bradford wrote:
and yes he will be back in jail for something else they let a killer out to kill again my brother had no weapon on
him christopher wanted to have sex with a girl my brother knew she got the 50 dollars and bounes on him and he got mad and took it out on my brother
and that is the truth people on the street are stund by this.
niceta bradford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Judged:

when liggins gave that girl that 50 it wasnt his anymore he is protecting the fact that he thought he was going to have sex and smoke crack
MAO

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Judged:

niceta bradford wrote:
when liggins gave that girl that 50 it wasnt his anymore he is protecting the fact that he thought he was going to have sex and smoke crack
And the plot thickens. Sounds like both these guys are loosers. Sorry if it's your brother, but facts are facts...
niceta bradford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Judged:

mao you are right liggins is a looser and a killer in time you will see what i mean
cece

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Judged:

niceta bradford wrote:
<quoted text> and that is the truth people on the street are stund by this.
just seem christopher liggins on east main street looking for crack friday the 20th of august @ 11.oo pm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••