Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Curious

United States

#8657 Sep 2, 2014
I can't stop eating my clay!!! It taste soooo good. My boyfriend laughed when I took another spoon full of it. He tasted it, he said it's alright it's just too bitter for him. I'm glad he accepts that I eat it. He's the only person I told about it. I'm trying to eat it in moderation but it's just too good.

I thought about microwaving my dirt but if it gets any dryer I might just over indulge.

Since: Jul 14

Lancaster, PA

#8658 Sep 2, 2014
clay yay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you contact Shabnam sunesara the US supplier of this clay ? Sukrut Vanani is the supplier in Gujarat, he sent her a shipment recently. Both their email addresses and phone numbers have been shared on the forum multiple times. He even has his FB page clay lovers
Yes I have bought from her as well. It is not the clay I am looking for. The clay from Shabnam is good, but not what I am used to. I also have been in touch with Rifat and her clay is good too. I have bought from her and its not what I want. I will keep trying. I have one more contact from facebook and he is in India. The only thing is I have to send $100 to get that. That was tough to send $100. So, I shall let you know what happens. Thanks for all the help....
Ackee

Brooklyn, NY

#8659 Sep 2, 2014
Curious wrote:
I can't stop eating my clay!!! It taste soooo good. My boyfriend laughed when I took another spoon full of it. He tasted it, he said it's alright it's just too bitter for him. I'm glad he accepts that I eat it. He's the only person I told about it. I'm trying to eat it in moderation but it's just too good.
I thought about microwaving my dirt but if it gets any dryer I might just over indulge.
That's because your body is craving what it has not had for so long.p
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#8660 Sep 2, 2014
Morales04 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have bought from her as well. It is not the clay I am looking for. The clay from Shabnam is good, but not what I am used to. I also have been in touch with Rifat and her clay is good too. I have bought from her and its not what I want. I will keep trying. I have one more contact from facebook and he is in India. The only thing is I have to send $100 to get that. That was tough to send $100. So, I shall let you know what happens. Thanks for all the help....
His clay and shabuesra is the same. She is his supplier in the USA. So you do not need to send that all the way to India.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8661 Sep 2, 2014
Curious wrote:
Hi Curious, what type of clay is it?
Facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#8662 Sep 2, 2014
Finally tried the sargent brand!

It actually seems identical to the good crayola to me.
It's very hard and crunchy, but it's not crumbly or dusty at all.
The texture is smooth with zero grit, but it doesn't really melt down and it never gets creamy the way that prang does.
The flavor is quite mild and not earthy at all which I like, but it does have a slightly artificial, chemical edge to it. I think it's the coating that they use on the outside of the chalk, that is making the chemical taste.
But overall, it's quite good.
I don't think it'll be my new favorite, because of the chemical edge and also because I can already tell that unless I drink tons of water with it and eat it in moderation, it will be tough on my digestive system.
I feel like Prang is gentler on the stomach, maybe because it is so soft and dissolves all the way. It also tastes cleaner, more natural and more buttery to me.
I also prefer the creamy and smooth texture of Prang.

I will still definitely finish the boxes of sargent that I already bought though.
And if I ever can't get prang, it will be a good alternative, instead of trying to chase down a decent box of crayola on the internet or in a store.

Thanks for the recommendation, crazy4stuff!!
Curious

United States

#8663 Sep 2, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Curious, what type of clay is it?
White dirt from goodoledirt .com
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8664 Sep 2, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha did you try the peanut shells?
I haven't roasted them yet...once I got them home I lost the crave to try them lol. I did try a couple of nibbles unroasted though, but it didn't do anything for me.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8665 Sep 2, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
White dirt from goodoledirt .com
Oh, delicious! I have some coming, as well as from Mutt & Jeff.
Curious

United States

#8666 Sep 2, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, delicious! I have some coming, as well as from Mutt & Jeff.
I vow to order from mutt & Jeff one day. One day soon.
Andrew Abacus

Brisbane, Australia

#8667 Sep 2, 2014
I'm so glad to see that other people are experiencing the same cravings for clay as I am. I've been a clay grazer for about 4 years ever since I went through a difficult break up. Most people turn to chocolate, but I personally sought clay as my therapy. Now I cant help but say I am strongly addicted. I think clay has many beneficial nutrients and I think it should become a popular meal or snack for everday society. Clay all the way!!-Andrew Abacus
ann

Bronx, NY

#8668 Sep 2, 2014
Andrew Abacus wrote:
I'm so glad to see that other people are experiencing the same cravings for clay as I am. I've been a clay grazer for about 4 years ever since I went through a difficult break up. Most people turn to chocolate, but I personally sought clay as my therapy. Now I cant help but say I am strongly addicted. I think clay has many beneficial nutrients and I think it should become a popular meal or snack for everday society. Clay all the way!!-Andrew Abacus
Interesting we do not see many men eating clay. Welcome to the forum. Can you tell us your clay story? What type of clay do you like to eat?
crazy 4 stuff

South El Monte, CA

#8669 Sep 2, 2014
Morales04 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow that's a lot of money for clay how much will u be getting?
crazy 4 stuff

South El Monte, CA

#8670 Sep 2, 2014
facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so happy you were able to find a piece.
13 days with 0 chalk is too horrible to even think about.
I'm sure even a single piece helped out alot.
And I microwaved my beloved Prang lol.
I tried baking it once before and it came out disgusting, but it looks like the microwave is the way to go.
I usually use a heater or blowdryer to dry my chalk and it works okay, but nothing like with the microwave. That was the dryest and crunchiest I've ever seen it, and it was very crunchy all the way through. Normally when I dry chalk, it's crunchy on the outside, but the inside is softer.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it, but I can't microwave chalk at work lmao.
You got me wanting to give prang another shot that sounds delicious n yes that little piece helped so much
crazy 4 stuff

South El Monte, CA

#8671 Sep 2, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
Finally tried the sargent brand!
It actually seems identical to the good crayola to me.
It's very hard and crunchy, but it's not crumbly or dusty at all.
The texture is smooth with zero grit, but it doesn't really melt down and it never gets creamy the way that prang does.
The flavor is quite mild and not earthy at all which I like, but it does have a slightly artificial, chemical edge to it. I think it's the coating that they use on the outside of the chalk, that is making the chemical taste.
But overall, it's quite good.
I don't think it'll be my new favorite, because of the chemical edge and also because I can already tell that unless I drink tons of water with it and eat it in moderation, it will be tough on my digestive system.
I feel like Prang is gentler on the stomach, maybe because it is so soft and dissolves all the way. It also tastes cleaner, more natural and more buttery to me.
I also prefer the creamy and smooth texture of Prang.
I will still definitely finish the boxes of sargent that I already bought though.
And if I ever can't get prang, it will be a good alternative, instead of trying to chase down a decent box of crayola on the internet or in a store.
Thanks for the recommendation, crazy4stuff!!
It is definitely the closest I've found to crayola n I just love the texture it's perfect for me n yea do much easier than chasing crayola n it's obscene price for the good one
Andrew Abacus

Australia

#8672 Sep 3, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting we do not see many men eating clay. Welcome to the forum. Can you tell us your clay story? What type of clay do you like to eat?
Hi Ann, I agree I do not see many men eating clay. The clay eaters that I know are predominantly women. There is a group that I belong to of people who enjoy the pleasures and benefits of clay and only 2 of them are males. I think perhaps that this is because many men are set in their ways whereas women are more open to things such as changes in fashions and diets. I also read that Shaliene Woodley (from the move the fault in our stars, a real tear jerker) enjoys clay, and a celebrity like that is bound to have influence on people of the same gender who admire her.
As for my clay story, my girlfriend and I had been together for a long time. It was just over two years I believe. We were very in love, but I guess the feeling wasn't mutual. One day when I dropped around to her apartment to surprise her with a bouquet of flowers (that I later gave to a homeless man, as if she deserved them!), I saw her lying in bed with another man. You get the picture... On my way home I passed this health food store and they were advertising clay and I just thought 'what the heck, anything to make me feel better is worth a shot' so I bought some clay. After I realised how amazing clay really is, I became 'hooked' and I now enjoy it daily. As for what type of clay I like to eat, I enjoy most clays, but a favourite for me is definitely chalk. Thank you for being interested in me.- Andrew Abacus

Since: Sep 14

Australia

#8673 Sep 3, 2014
I think clay is wonderful! Those who disagree simply have not experienced its majesty. We should not shame or shun these people, but accept, nurture and educate them on the miracle of clay and all its benefits!! Clay all the way!!-Andrew
Kellzgirl

Aurora, IN

#8674 Sep 3, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I vow to order from mutt & Jeff one day. One day soon.
You should I done to my last couple of pounds and if course since the end is in sight this is the best I have ever had. lol
ann

Bronx, NY

#8675 Sep 3, 2014
Andrew Abacus, well that was quite interesting that you just went and got the clay. I guess the stress of the break up. Your body wanted something to easy your pain. It seems that clay also relaxes the body. So your favorite thing to indulge on is chalk.
georgie

Orlando, FL

#8676 Sep 3, 2014
ann wrote:
Andrew Abacus, well that was quite interesting that you just went and got the clay. I guess the stress of the break up. Your body wanted something to easy your pain. It seems that clay also relaxes the body. So your favorite thing to indulge on is chalk.
I received my Mutt and Jeffs. Let me tell you....wow. Please like my new fb page to see how it is.....addicted to delicious white dirt. Chalk too, yall. Thanks! Yall can talk about everything there that u do here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 1 hr PILASERs PANACEA ... 6
News 110-year-old lobster saved from dinner menu 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 14 hr emperorjohn 4,627
News Judge Calls State Incompetent & in Contempt Sat justice is just a... 1
News Gwyneth Paltrow reveals her secret obsession wi... Sat murder inc 1
News Courtney Stodden shares nude patriotic portrait... Sat Geva 1
News Your guide to legends and ghost tales around Er... (Oct '10) Sat Andrew orris 3
More from around the web