Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9022 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Curious

United States

#8611 Aug 29, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'm already going crazy just thinking about not having any lol I wish I could cancel my trip too late now lol
Stay strong and try not to think too much on it. If you can make it through 13 days of no chalk just know you're growing stronger as a person and that you're helping yourself with this mini break off chalk.

Since: Jul 14

Lancaster, PA

#8612 Aug 29, 2014
This is just crazy! WHY can I not find the right clay? We live in the USA for heavens sake. I have never experienced this much trouble getting something. I am looking for the gray roasted Indian clay. I have been on facebook, internet, phone, and nothing..... Feeling sad!
clay yay

Cincinnati, OH

#8613 Aug 29, 2014
Morales04 wrote:
This is just crazy! WHY can I not find the right clay? We live in the USA for heavens sake. I have never experienced this much trouble getting something. I am looking for the gray roasted Indian clay. I have been on facebook, internet, phone, and nothing..... Feeling sad!
Did you contact Shabnam sunesara the US supplier of this clay ? Sukrut Vanani is the supplier in Gujarat, he sent her a shipment recently. Both their email addresses and phone numbers have been shared on the forum multiple times. He even has his FB page clay lovers
UK CLAY

UK

#8614 Aug 29, 2014
Morales04 wrote:
If you look on the Facebook page edible clay there is a clay supplier called Rifat Kamran she supplies grey roasted pakistani clay
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8615 Aug 29, 2014
UK CLAY wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look on the Facebook page edible clay there is a clay supplier called Rifat Kamran she supplies grey roasted pakistani clay
I love the look of that clay!
UK CLAY

UK

#8616 Aug 29, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the look of that clay!
ATC She's uk based but she ships worldwide. I have actually tried the clay and I must say it is quite nice although it may take some time getting used to the actual earthy flavour as it is extremely earthy
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8617 Aug 29, 2014
UK CLAY wrote:
<quoted text>
ATC She's uk based but she ships worldwide. I have actually tried the clay and I must say it is quite nice although it may take some time getting used to the actual earthy flavour as it is extremely earthy
Thanks UK Clay, I had planned on ordering some during my next UK visit which should be very soon. I crave an earthy taste, so it sounds wonderful to me! Is it gritty at all, or completely smooth (I like a slight grit).

I the meantime, I have been able to order some Mutt & Jeff and some Good ole Dirt. Can't wait! It will be my first time having M&J, and I can't wait to have some of Wanda's delicious clay again.
Curious

United States

#8618 Aug 29, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks UK Clay, I had planned on ordering some during my next UK visit which should be very soon. I crave an earthy taste, so it sounds wonderful to me! Is it gritty at all, or completely smooth (I like a slight grit).
I the meantime, I have been able to order some Mutt & Jeff and some Good ole Dirt. Can't wait! It will be my first time having M&J, and I can't wait to have some of Wanda's delicious clay again.
Wow you're stocking up on the white dirt huh? I wanna be just like you lol jk. Can't wait to order from mutt & Jeff one day.
crazy 4 stuff

Whittier, CA

#8619 Aug 30, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow 13 days without chalk. I'm sure you never done that before. Stay positive and good luck. If you manage yo get throughout the 2 weeks without any chalk and not going crazy you can definitely reward yourself when you make it back home .
Day one of no chalk don't feel too crazy yet lol
UK CLAY

Coventry, UK

#8620 Aug 30, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately it was all smooth with no grit to it all. I like that little bit of grit too, that's the only downfall to the clay sadly
bady

UK

#8621 Aug 30, 2014
UK CLAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately it was all smooth with no grit to it all. I like that little bit of grit too, that's the only downfall to the clay sadly

hi guys, can you order the clay you are talking about online? thanks
I know

Clarksville, TN

#8622 Aug 30, 2014
Just got my slate pencils in. Soooo yummy! I always take a bite and a small swig of safflower oil. Talking about delicious. Don't judge me. But it's damn delicious. Try your clay with a lil safflower oil or olive, or any oil but canola or vegetable. You'll be hooked. All oils ate not created equal. But lots of oils put good fats in your body and help prevent different things. Try it!
Curious

United States

#8623 Aug 30, 2014
I know wrote:
Just got my slate pencils in. Soooo yummy! I always take a bite and a small swig of safflower oil. Talking about delicious. Don't judge me. But it's damn delicious. Try your clay with a lil safflower oil or olive, or any oil but canola or vegetable. You'll be hooked. All oils ate not created equal. But lots of oils put good fats in your body and help prevent different things. Try it!
Where did you buy Slate pencils from? Can you describe the texture of it and the taste? Is it earthy? Smooth or gritty? Crunchy? Do you live in the US?
Gift Card Expert

Chicago, IL

#8624 Aug 30, 2014
Clay sounds too rough. If you would rather try McDonalds you can Win a Free gift card at: http://mymcdonaldsgiftcard.cf .
UK CLAY

Banbury, UK

#8625 Aug 30, 2014
Has anyone heard from soul sista
crazy 4 stuff

Whittier, CA

#8626 Aug 30, 2014
I am on full withdrawl from chalk feeling very anxious n nervous I feel like a drug addict all over again don't even have my comfort foods around to get by like peanut shells or dry chilies this is going to be very long trip
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8627 Aug 30, 2014
bady wrote:
<quoted text>
hi guys, can you order the clay you are talking about online? thanks
This is what UK Clay had said previously:

"If you look on the Facebook page edible clay there is a clay supplier called Rifat Kamran she supplies grey roasted pakistani clay".

There is an email address there to contact her - I have not contacted her myself so don't have any other information.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#8628 Aug 30, 2014
crazy 4 stuff wrote:
I am on full withdrawl from chalk feeling very anxious n nervous I feel like a drug addict all over again don't even have my comfort foods around to get by like peanut shells or dry chilies this is going to be very long trip
I feel for you, was wondering how you would make out.

I have to ask this question: in my experience chalk is easy to eat, and can be done fairly discreetly (unlike some clays for example)- why couldn't you have taken some with you to eat during private times?
I know

Clarksville, TN

#8629 Aug 30, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you buy Slate pencils from? Can you describe the texture of it and the taste? Is it earthy? Smooth or gritty? Crunchy? Do you live in the US?
I buy the slate pencils from etsy. They have 4 different kinds cut from natural stone, and clay. It originally comes from bangladore India. They range from chalky like crayola to crunchy crunchy. The taste is somewhat earthy, and there may be some pieces with a little grit, but they are good to me. Takes about 3 weeks for delivery, and not expensive.
I know

Clarksville, TN

#8630 Aug 30, 2014
Yes I live in the US

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News not a Squeak from McA, Mic, Gerakan: In push fo... 1 hr RockStar 3
News Editorial: Tobacco-free policy at UL the right ... (Jul '14) 12 hr Jerry 2
News Britney Spears' little sister, Jamie Lynn, preg... (Jan '08) 20 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 63
News The Forks: 9 marvellous things for this long we... Sat JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Veterans Advocates needed Sat Vietnam Veteran 2
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) Fri Joan 12
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... Fri Fart news 689
More from around the web