Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,280
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
monika

Munich, Germany

#7844 May 14, 2014
I lot to eat clay...multani mitti ( fuller earth) whole big chunks baked in oven converted to red if baked for 25 mints to30 nd if to 10 to 15 den also smoky delicious flavour..wid little sticky smoky earthy flavour..nd wen more baked in red colour also yummy wid totally crispy earthy flavour...
I luv to hav slate pencils from india..nd also red clay chunks from dere..georgia white dirt also awsum wid chalky yummy earthy flavour of own..also tried odawa stones..dat iz soft rocky earthy grey colour chunks..own flavour...i tried different wayz..mix dem all nd eat..or sumtyms separately i eat to get all flavours of rainy earthy flavour
monika

Munich, Germany

#7845 May 14, 2014
I know wrote:
Epping Nina didnt say. It was in of the comments on the video.
In dat video she waz eating slate pencils..in india slate pencils r of different shapes thin..nd same of dat size in video neena eating
...damn sure slate pencils..yummy slatepencils of india..tiger brand or target brand
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7846 May 14, 2014
monika wrote:
<quoted text>
In dat video she waz eating slate pencils..in india slate pencils r of different shapes thin..nd same of dat size in video neena eating
...damn sure slate pencils..yummy slatepencils of india..tiger brand or target brand
Thanks Monika.

I have heard of that tiger brand before. Wish could easily get some slate pencil to try.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7847 May 14, 2014
Went to the market today and just could not help myself....Bought me a small stash of moulded and chunks.Not much....Planning on chewing it and spitting it out to minimalise intake.This is such a hard habit to shake,clay family......Much love...Took some nice pics of it all.See if I can post them to Why We Crave & Love Clay FB.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7849 May 14, 2014
Suri, I hope you put the pictures up. I love to see the different variety of clay.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7850 May 14, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>How could I get some. I had some red dirt from Jamaica once it taste like heaven.
Which part of Jamaica did you get it from ? I know that in St. Elizabeth the soil is very red there. They say that soil is good for growing things.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7851 May 14, 2014
ann wrote:
Suri, I hope you put the pictures up. I love to see the different variety of clay.
Will do.Probably tomorrow.Be on the look out :-)
roal

Hyderabad, India

#7852 May 15, 2014
clay yay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I'm from Hyd
clay yay" @ where in hyderabad and wat type of clay you eat i will have kadi
royal

Hyderabad, India

#7853 May 15, 2014
clay yay" @ where in hyderabad and wat type of clay you eat i will have kadi
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7855 May 15, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>How could I get some. I had some red dirt from Jamaica once it taste like heaven.
I would love to taste it, mostly crave red things.

Is it actually clay?
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7857 May 15, 2014
Be careful.. Some of that chalk is made from talc. If u look up talc, some say is a carcinogen. Not sure if its only if u breathe it in or ingest it too. Maybe that's why it's not in school chalk.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7859 May 15, 2014
I know wrote:
<quoted text> I sure will!! And I was told the etsy sticks were crunchy and good. Yeah they did look kinda funky. But I have to try it to know not to buy it again. Process of elimination is what I'm doing right now. And the shipping was only $6 so..we will see..
Those sticks remind me of some cheap chalk that I have bought here when I couldn't find Crayola. I laughed when I saw them, they were some funky misshapen discoloured sticks! I took a little bite and it was good, but I just couldn't eat them out of concern about under what conditions they were made.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7860 May 15, 2014
I want some Crayola now! Have to go out to my car to get some, store it there now because the heat of being there enhances its taste and crunch.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7861 May 15, 2014
I am currently busy uploading a few pictures of our Surinamese Kaolin clay,moulded and chunks and the pink smokey kaolin clay on FB Why We Crave & Love clay.Have a look a little later....
ann

New York, NY

#7862 May 15, 2014
Wow Suri, those pieces are so huge. It is wonderful that you have such access. Thanks for the photos. By the way how much does it cost to by clay in Suriname.
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7863 May 15, 2014
ann wrote:
Wow Suri, those pieces are so huge. It is wonderful that you have such access. Thanks for the photos. By the way how much does it cost to by clay in Suriname.
You are welcome,Ann..Those pieces are kind of small..Those were her last 3 chunks.One of those chunks is about $ 1..The bigger ones can cost up to $3. And the moulded ones are always 50 cents.Wheter they are smokey or sundried..Those are the regular prices..
I know

Clarksville, TN

#7864 May 15, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Those sticks remind me of some cheap chalk that I have bought here when I couldn't find Crayola. I laughed when I saw them, they were some funky misshapen discoloured sticks! I took a little bite and it was good, but I just couldn't eat them out of concern about under what conditions they were made.
lol!! I feel ya!
ann

New York, NY

#7865 May 15, 2014
Suri Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome,Ann..Those pieces are kind of small..Those were her last 3 chunks.One of those chunks is about $ 1..The bigger ones can cost up to $3. And the moulded ones are always 50 cents.Wheter they are smokey or sundried..Those are the regular prices..
Wow!! Thanks!! How does one eat the molded ones? Di you have to break it up. They look so yummy.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7866 May 15, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!! Thanks!! How does one eat the molded ones? Di you have to break it up. They look so yummy.
The molded ones are the easiest to eat.Because they are crumbly.You just nibble on a small piece anywhere and it falls apart in bite sized chunks and a little powdered dust.So no problems there....Mostly they are yummie.Especially the sun/airdried ones.They are the earthiest.
nzima

Zimbabwe

#7867 May 16, 2014
i was juss wondering how much clay u guyz eat per day?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Real Money Doubling Forex Robot Fap Turbo - Sel... 17 min Jacks350 1
The Fat Loss Solution- Secrets To Success 28 min Jacks350 1
How to Bring Your Blog to Life - SEO Strategies... 39 min Jacks350 1
One Stop Online Wholesale Cheap Sexy Lingerie a... 56 min prettyperi 6
Products from Azerbaijan receive 'registration'... 3 hr Dander 10
HalloweenExpress.com Releases its Top 10 Hallow... (Nov '08) 5 hr sunshine 4
Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) 9 hr Eldorado 7
•••

Life People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE