Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
5,761 - 5,780 of 7,895 Comments Last updated 25 min ago
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

clay4life wrote:
The title of the video is misleading as it doesn't mention reports of death by clay lol ppl need to calm down. The nurse in the video said when the women eat the clay the babies are born with their eyes stuck together because of the clay. Seriously!?
yes I need to see the science behind that. Don't babies usually come out with their eyes close. they usually have stuff from the fact they just entered the world and need to be cleaned off. Their must have been some good in clay because it was the main ingredient in kaopectate. I do not see anyone who was harmed from this. Wow. it is also strange that the selling of clay has been going on for so long in these countries and now they are highlighting the dangers. You are seeing more and more videos about eating clay. Clay in moderation is ok. Is this a serious problem in these countries. I think if it was seriously harming people they would probably put a ban on it or deem it illegal.(lol)
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

I believe in that video I saw a man buying clay from the market as well. How do we explain his craving if in deed he is going to consume it.
Love earthy clay

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

I m also m.p from india there r found red clay full of iron u dont make this clay chunks i m eating this clay wow its so tasty i m dip in water this clay not melt in water i m wash this clay after drying this clay taste so yummy gritty earthy not stick in mouth
meh

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

The video is quite inspiring but I think there is a misunderstanding in the relation between the child birth with the disabilities. I mean there are lots of women who ate clay or have been eating who were once pregnant. BTW brought fullers earth after the gap of 4 months and slate pencils for the FIRST TIME! I couldn't resist to buy some after reading comments but It isn't made for my taste bud, but I am sure I'm going to chew all the 15 pieces just because of availability!:D
Miley

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

2 months and no clay or fullers earth.. The cravings return smtimes but I am in control !!
Feels great !:)
Horny toad

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Eating second hand semen from your wife is much healthier and more fun for all 3!!!
sophie

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

My sister jst sent me 2 garbage bags full of white an red clay nd a little of yellow so if u want some lettme know
Love earthy clay

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Hi sophi r u from india

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Hi Ladies!

We are currently offering the last of our original MAVU stock as miniMAVU! A flash sale at 2 a bag with the added bonus of cheaper shipping prices!

So, if you haven't had the chance to get your hands on some crunchy, crumbly, earthy goodness...NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!

Please don't forget to try out our other earthy clays on our website below:

http://mavu.bigcartel.com/

If you have any questions that haven't been answered on our FAQ's page, please don't hesitate to message me here or shoot me an email at mavuseller@hotmail.co.uk.

Kind Regards,
Mavu

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

The facebook link for the sale too:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

Bigger pic!

(Also forgot to mention that we do have limited stock)

Enjoy!
clayclay

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Thanks mavu! I better get a move on then coz I know from past experience it's usually a long wait between the original mavu getting restocked!

Also, look at this vid about dirt getting sold in RESTAURANTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

sophie wrote:
My sister jst sent me 2 garbage bags full of white an red clay nd a little of yellow so if u want some lettme know
Can you email me : alexx.0715@gmail.com
sophie

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Um email me at tolukokun@yahoo.com
clay4life

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

sophie wrote:
Who should email you??
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

sophie wrote:
I tried emailing you but it comes back as a failure message.

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

Recd my Org Mavu clay n I do not like it.... Willing to send it to someone.... Or anyone in my area can pick it up from me..... Are u supposed to bake it or something....
clayclay

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

@Meee258 how much did u order?? Have u tried the other ones?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

Meeee258 wrote:
Recd my Org Mavu clay n I do not like it.... Willing to send it to someone.... Or anyone in my area can pick it up from me..... Are u supposed to bake it or something....
I would like to try the clay. If you don't mind.
Abazieu

Eustis, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

Meeee258 wrote:
I would love to try some. I live here in the U.S. I am so tired o the salted clay now. I want some different clay. Mavu says you have to bake it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

Meeee258 wrote:
Have you tried it more than once, or just the one time? I ask because when I first tried Mavu clay I was disappointed - it didn't taste like any I'd had before, and it therefore wasn't what I expected, but I soon got used to it and came to love, love it.

I've noticed it's like that sometimes - some things don't taste good at first but then you get hooked! Then again some things never taste good to me, like some chalk and non-toxic modeling clays that I've tried - yuck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Life Forum right now

Search the Life Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 40 min Carol ODonnell 83
China criticises Japan's move to expand... 50 min SHlTWORMKOREAHDICAPKMUVAN 125
Newly confirmed VA chief greeted with lawsuit o... 1 hr Captain Yesterday 5
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 2 hr lgbt is silly 37
Zimmerman Says He'll Appeal NBC Lawsuit Dismissal 2 hr Tea Party Supporter 3
Senate poised to follow House by approving post... 3 hr fatbacks x 8
Lukin's Brick Oven Pizza & Lounge to Open on Va... (Oct '12) 3 hr Angie 30
•••
•••