Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
4,801 - 4,820 of 8,031 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
clay4life

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever been known to be an aid to weightloss?Personally I only crave clay just before my period... That's when my pica is at its worst ..
Trying to reduce my intake though. The last batch of Ghana clay I had ( unprocessed version) made me loose my appetite for a couple of days, but I still ate it to the end coz it was very yummy. Am back to normal now though.am also eagerly awaiting some nakumatt clay coz a friend is coming from home . I hope she won't forget .. Yum yum
Snap! I'm eating the Ghana chunks too. Even though I crave it I think it helps keep me regular as in making sure the train keeps leavin the station lol I eat enough not to get me constipated though. Plus overeating can leave you looking bloated. And its good coz as I'm on a diet I'm drinking plenty water and can easily pop a couple chunks as a zero calorie tasty snack. Gotta get that summer body in check now!

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

hey clay eating buds...
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Today I received my red clay dirt from Leslie. It is not the taste that I'm use too. It seems to have too much of the Kaolin taste and is not earthy and sour enough for me. I'm beginning to think that different regions have different tasting soils. Being from Alabama I was not use to the white dirt but it's quite popular in Georgia and other places. So I figure different strokes for different folks. I'm still waiting on the Ghana Clay I will give it a try and see what happens next will it be odowa or tanzania red soil.
Pica_chu

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

adaku wrote:
<quoted text>oops,good for you honey.I can't say same for myself,have had to deal with one or two health issues.if you ever like nzu after tasting,it has a high tendency to keep you hooked.be careful as some can be really salty.great to have you on here..talking abt intense,I know exactly what you mean.lol...enjoy
sometimes I feel like I'm gonna go nuts if I don't have my clay lol... I hope I don't get addicted to all of the new costs I will be trying lol... Oh wait...I already am haha
Pica_chu

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

@adaku

I meant clay lolol
Pica_chu

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Alabama Red wrote:
Today I received my red clay dirt from Leslie. It is not the taste that I'm use too. It seems to have too much of the Kaolin taste and is not earthy and sour enough for me. I'm beginning to think that different regions have different tasting soils. Being from Alabama I was not use to the white dirt but it's quite popular in Georgia and other places. So I figure different strokes for different folks. I'm still waiting on the Ghana Clay I will give it a try and see what happens next will it be odowa or tanzania red soil.
Hey alabama :)... as far as you trying the odowa and tanzania red soil... do you have a supplier yet for either clay?
mary tyler

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Alabama Red wrote:
@ Alabama Red did you bake it ? If not plz bake it and eat it warm then put it in Brown bag ...Plz do let me know how you like the Ghana Clay ..and we have another U.S. clay seller love4clay2@yahoo.com you will get it faster .I HAVE ORDER 3 BAGS ALREADY .
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Pica_chu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey alabama :)... as far as you trying the odowa and tanzania red soil... do you have a supplier yet for either clay?
No waiting on Mavu or any new possible sellers on the forum.
mary tyler

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

clay4life wrote:
<quoted text>
Snap! I'm eating the Ghana chunks too. Even though I crave it I think it helps keep me regular as in making sure the train keeps leavin the station lol I eat enough not to get me constipated though. Plus overeating can leave you looking bloated. And its good coz as I'm on a diet I'm drinking plenty water and can easily pop a couple chunks as a zero calorie tasty snack. Gotta get that summer body in check now!
@Clay4life I have only taste the chunks once and they are very tasty.and chuncy . I will have to order more of the Ghana chunks ( unmolded).
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

mary tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@ Alabama Red did you bake it ? If not plz bake it and eat it warm then put it in Brown bag ...Plz do let me know how you like the Ghana Clay ..and we have another U.S. clay seller love4clay2@yahoo.com you will get it faster .I HAVE ORDER 3 BAGS ALREADY .
No I did not bake it. To me it is already pretty much dried out. Normally you can eat the red clay directly from the ground. I will give it a try and see if putting it in a bag or baking it helps. I should receive the Ghana Clay anyday now.
mary tyler

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Soul Sista wrote:
This is to let you know that I am having a 2 day promo from Mon 11 March to Tues 12 March on the chunky Ghanaian clay. For every 4 bags of clay you buy, you get 1 bag free. A bag of the chunky clay costs 1. Please send your orders to soulghfoods@hotmail.com. Thanks.
@ soulsista how many chunks in 1 bag ,When are you gonna do another promo on chunks ?
ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Rinkie wrote:
Any talking me
hi rinki:-) kya chal raha hai?
Christina Jones

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

This was always a nice friendly forum that I really enjoyed occasionally following and reading everyone's comments. But I think there might be a troll that is disrupting the pleasant conversation. A troll is defined as:

"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

"One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. Trolls will attack other members other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, etc.

ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

hey friends just read this article "soil eating a very dangerious habbit " softpedia on google
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Multani mitti eater discus me her experience
ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Rinkie wrote:
Multani mitti eater discus me her experience
multani mitti jada khane par jada pani pina padata hai
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Multani mitti is not good for health at all. I had a 1 kg pack of multani mitti chunks... Did try after reading this forum but just dint like it.... Gave it to my maid.... She also told me that you get red powdered dirt and white clay chunks in the grocery store in Hyderabad.... I never checked coz I'm concerned about the side effects of it... And also I don't belong to Hyderabad so I don't know places here....
royal

Hyderabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Clayforhealth wrote:
Multani mitti is not good for health at all. I had a 1 kg pack of multani mitti chunks... Did try after reading this forum but just dint like it.... Gave it to my maid.... She also told me that you get red powdered dirt and white clay chunks in the grocery store in Hyderabad.... I never checked coz I'm concerned about the side effects of it... And also I don't belong to Hyderabad so I don't know places here....
Clayforhealth where u stay
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

In Banjara hills for few months

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Christina Jones wrote:
This was always a nice friendly forum that I really enjoyed occasionally following and reading everyone's comments. But I think there might be a troll that is disrupting the pleasant conversation. A troll is defined as:
"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."
"One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. Trolls will attack other members other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, etc.
thats real deep. i agree, those here using all the profanity and attacking people who have a right to participate should just go away. my thought is dirt is dirt and i think that every yard has some. go at it. strange habit really.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••