Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
4,561 - 4,580 of 8,098 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
ati

London, UK

#4795 Mar 10, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Finally got my clay from Leslie!
which clay i eat
mahi

New Delhi, India

#4796 Mar 10, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Hey MAVU SELLER....! what type of clay do u sell....what is the namr of that clay....i visited ur site...the clay in the first pic looks delicious n it looks similar to multani mitti...infact bettrr than multani mitti....!! whts the name of this clay?!!!
ati

London, UK

#4797 Mar 10, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
sorry
which clay u eat
mahi

New Delhi, India

#4798 Mar 10, 2013
Hey ati are u on facebook...?!!

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#4799 Mar 10, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
I'm going to try the red dirt from Leslie too. Since I'm out of white dirt ( for now) I've been eating cornstarch. I took my cornstarch out of the paper that it comes in when it's in the box. I poured it directly into the cardboard box itself. I took the top off and let air dry. OMG!!!!!!!!!! So dry & creamy!!!!!!!!!! It's like the texture and the taste changed bcuz it was directly against the dry cardboard. So I'm like that's how my dirt taste after being in the brown paper bag. Once I bit into it so dry and creamy..... White Dirt & Cornstarch the Best!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great Pica day!!!!!!
im going to try this.....
ati

London, UK

#4800 Mar 10, 2013
mahi wrote:
Hey ati are u on facebook...?!!
no yaar. so how is ur clay love?
adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#4801 Mar 10, 2013
Mary clay eater wrote:
I'm really happy for you and you have somehow managed to conquer this habit which we all know it's not easy and only hope. I also managed to be clayfree for more than a year when I came new in Germany because I didn't know then how I was gonna satisfy my cravings but then I found an afroshop where I could get it for less money. I started the addiction again. I hope to stop too. It's all about having a strong will and determination. On friday I eat 400g in one hour and I think I exaggerated a bit. The clay was so good to eat that I couldn't stop once I started. Now I have to find a a way of emptying my bowel. I can't even take any laxative since I'm pregnant. That's my worry now. Maybe this should give me a reason to stop for good<quoted text>
oh mary,the act is not sooooo bad but the addiction for was pretty terrifying..if you are finding difficult to quit try iron tabs,they work! Wish you all the best as yu make yur way to delivery.
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#4802 Mar 10, 2013
Meeee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
im going to try this.....
Hi Meeee258! Let me know how you like it. It's been sitting for 3 days now so, I'm going eat some more when I get off work. I need to gain weight so I don't mind eating it. I drink water and take iron pills.
LCH

Acworth, GA

#4803 Mar 10, 2013
Mary clay eater wrote:
I'm really happy for you and you have somehow managed to conquer this habit which we all know it's not easy and only hope. I also managed to be clayfree for more than a year when I came new in Germany because I didn't know then how I was gonna satisfy my cravings but then I found an afroshop where I could get it for less money. I started the addiction again. I hope to stop too. It's all about having a strong will and determination. On friday I eat 400g in one hour and I think I exaggerated a bit. The clay was so good to eat that I couldn't stop once I started. Now I have to find a a way of emptying my bowel. I can't even take any laxative since I'm pregnant. That's my worry now. Maybe this should give me a reason to stop for good<quoted text>
Mary Clay Eater

Speak to your doctor but maybe you have 100% Psyllium Husk, its fiber and it may help. Its not harsh like a laxative.
zaheera

Wimborne, UK

#4804 Mar 10, 2013
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Check this video of Ghana clay eggs........
concerned earth lover

UK

#4805 Mar 10, 2013
Well done Adaku. Really glad to hear your progress. Now when I get mad crave's I chew on wilkinson's brand of chalk. It is crumbly, crunchy and dry so top marks for texture but it is not earthy. It actually leaves a bitter after taste in my mouth so I never swallow it. Just chew it and then rinse my mouth out. It is pure sodium carbonate so hasn't got all the trouble we have with unanswered questions on fertility, lead content and hygiene
Still need to address my behavioural issues with pica and the once in a month chalk is better than my old companion ghana clay
mary tyler

United States

#4806 Mar 10, 2013
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey MAVU SELLER....! what type of clay do u sell....what is the namr of that clay....i visited ur site...the clay in the first pic looks delicious n it looks similar to multani mitti...infact bettrr than multani mitti....!! whts the name of this clay?!!!
@mahi I just look Mavu site and your right the clay sure does look delicious expecially the ones look and shape like the Ghana Clay egg shape . Its label white clay but it look molded I wonder If Its taste as good as the Ghana Clay I will have to give it a try.
Soul Sista

Dulverton, UK

#4807 Mar 10, 2013
This is to let you know that I am having a 2 day promo from Mon 11 March to Tues 12 March on the chunky Ghanaian clay. For every 4 bags of clay you buy, you get 1 bag free. A bag of the chunky clay costs 1. Please send your orders to soulghfoods@hotmail.com. Thanks.
mary tyler

United States

#4808 Mar 10, 2013
@ soul Sista is the chunky the unmoled kind ,how many chunky in a bag?
mary tyler

United States

#4809 Mar 10, 2013
Mary clay eater wrote:
Thanks Mz Libra for the explanation. Actually I am expecting my second child and in the last trimester. I have been craving heavily fir clay. I have always been a clay eater but now I consume heavily. On Friday I bought 400g calaba and I finished within an hour. Normally I buy 500g for a wk. I feel like a clay junkie now and guilty as hell since one cannot always know the source of the african clay. I feel like a selfish being who doesn't even care about the unborn baby and heed only to my yearnings. That's why I want to try the cornstarch. I know for sure I wouldn't be craving that much when I get used it since it's actually not my thing. But to fins a better substitute. <quoted text>
mary clay eater is that calabar/ chalk. Aka nzu ? How much is 400g 500g?
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#4810 Mar 10, 2013
I just ordered the red clay from Leslie while I wait to receive the ghana clay from Soul Sista. After this order I will take a break and refrain from eating clay for a while. Right now I'm not craving clay but just want to try out the different varieties being offered. I had stopped for several months before by taking iron pills and eating healthy. I still would like to try the Odowa and Tanzania from Mavu before I plan to stop totally.

Since: Mar 13

Germany

#4811 Mar 11, 2013
Its kalaba clay but not nzu. Its from Togo and nonsalty. I don't like the nzu cos I read it contains lead. 100 g cost 1euro. It's very earth, smooth and crunchy and very addictive.I like the fact that it's been roasted to get rid of any possible bacteria in it.
mary tyler wrote:
<quoted text> mary clay eater is that calabar/ chalk. Aka nzu ? How much is 400g 500g?

Since: Mar 13

Germany

#4812 Mar 11, 2013
thanks LCH. I have an appointment on Wednesday with my Gyn. I will talk to her about it.
LCH wrote:
<quoted text>Mary Clay Eater
Speak to your doctor but maybe you have 100% Psyllium Husk, its fiber and it may help. Its not harsh like a laxative.
zaheera

Wimborne, UK

#4813 Mar 11, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
I just ordered the red clay from Leslie while I wait to receive the ghana clay from Soul Sista. After this order I will take a break and refrain from eating clay for a while. Right now I'm not craving clay but just want to try out the different varieties being offered. I had stopped for several months before by taking iron pills and eating healthy. I still would like to try the Odowa and Tanzania from Mavu before I plan to stop totally.
that's nice that you are trying to stay away.....in my case iron pills don't suit me at all .....still I try my best to restrain .....
mary tyler

Addison, TX

#4814 Mar 11, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
Hi everyone,Just wondering have anyone every had a allergic reaction to white dirt,meaning I have a little swollen lip after having 3 pieces of white dirt.I did microwave the 2 big pieces but not the third little piece.
@ Love Clay just reading past post How are you doing with your allergic reaction to white dirt ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duncan doctor acquitted of assault and battery 36 min LolaRay 1
5A VA employee, a crack house, and a lengthy fi... 42 min Sterkfontein Swar... 2
Witness: Beaten man told eatery 'not safe for w... 11 hr RMcDonald 5
'Racist' US diplomat says Indian 'vegetarians..... (Jan '14) 11 hr Dinie 6
Hold The Smoked Meat And Texas Toast: A Vegan, ... 11 hr Dinie 24
Lukin's Brick Oven Pizza & Lounge to Open on Va... (Oct '12) 11 hr fritz 32
Justin Mitchell/Sun Herald BB's Barbeque and Sn... 11 hr Tracey 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Life People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••