Brendan Higgins - About Us News Story...

Brendan Higgins - About Us News Story - KXAS | Dallas

There are 74 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Brendan Higgins - About Us News Story - KXAS | Dallas. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Brendan Higgins anchors NBC 5 Today from 5-7 am and NBC 5 DFW Today from 10-11 a.m. After working as a reporter/anchor in Louisiana, Alabama, and New York, Brendan joined NBC 5 in 1998.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

Tarko

Frisco, TX

#41 Feb 23, 2010
I never do these stupid blogs. But I too miss the Brendan chemistry with the lovely ladies of ch 5. The new guys are ok, but please..... Too namby pamby and boring. Lucky for 5 I can't watch Fox, which really is not a news station. Bad decision.
Ginny

Arlington, TX

#42 Feb 23, 2010
I cannot beleive Brendan is no longer there. I like Tammy and Debra but Ole Jennifer Lopez can go away too. I am changing channels now.
downtown

Fort Worth, TX

#43 Feb 24, 2010
management at kxas is more interested in impressing the corperate types than maintaining a good on air chemistry. the "exit" of Rebecca Miller was a cost cutting move by this Tully character to impress the bosses. Miller was the last of the Harold Taft dynasty of greatness. Finfrock is the sole survivor. and his health problems are OBVIOUS on the air.they clearly went with the "cheaper contract choice" when it came to the current morning weather person. but the quality was ALL gone. this is also the case ONCE AGAIN with the "exit" of Brendan Higgins. in the morning people want an on air chemistry that wakes them up. one that's exciting, unpredictable, and above all cute and humorous. QUALITY AT KXAS IN THE MORNING IS SLOWLY DYING ON THE VINE BECAUSE OF BAD DECISIONS BY MANAGEMENT. what's next???
Holly Capers

Dallas, TX

#44 Feb 28, 2010
I agree with the majority of these comments. What an incredibly stupid mistake for Channel 5. First Rebecca Miller leaves and is replaced with Jennifer Lopez who has about as much personality as a wet blanket. But I kept watching because I really loved the rest of the team. Now that Brendan is also gone, I am changing Channels! He made the news fun every morning with his hilarious wit. I hope he finds another station soon because I will switch to that station.
Andre

Euless, TX

#45 Mar 1, 2010
I was hoping that Brendan Higgins was just on vacation, but obviously Channel 5 has shot themselves in the foot once again. Letting a contract dispute lead to losing a very likeable, witty personality in Mr Higgins is as inexcusable as the numerous spelling errors that show up during the channel's newscasts onscreen graphics. It appears that this company is content to allow themselves to be somewhat amateurish in their decision making processes. If I were you guys, I'd be back on the phone with him and tell him you'd like to come back to the table to renegotiate.
Shankopottamus

United States

#46 Mar 1, 2010
Krista Villareal is back ! Not at nbc5 but at krld 1080 am she be the meteorologist
Jerry S

Plano, TX

#48 Mar 2, 2010
Where is Higgins?? You get rid of him but keep the jerk matt barrie!
That whole station at 5 is becoming very dysfunctional
That HR team there needs to be cut with zero severence.
And enough about Rebecca Miller. Unless you know how diificult she is to deal with, stop the non-sense and move on. Just like the rest of us are doing with NBC. Just change the channel already. Seems thats what they want so give it to em! Liberal Arrogance just like NBC Universal and letting Conan go!Hello FOX! Go Oreilly and Beck!
Stanbee

Alvord, TX

#49 Mar 10, 2010
I know my husband and I are a little late figuring out that Brendon wasn't out for vacation,assignment or personal leave. We kept thinking every morning eventually he would be back. This morning we both looked at each other and said OH NO its the Rebecca Miller story all over again. You people are on a self destruct. We get up every morn at 5 with coffee and channel 5. Loosing Becky hurt us,we DONT like changes!!!!!Now Brendon.THAT'S IT,SO LONG OLD FRIEND.
Theresa

United States

#50 Mar 10, 2010
My husband and I also thought Brendon was just on vacation. We dearly miss him. Loved Rebecca Miller too. I now watch Fox. I like Debra, but really miss Brendon. REALLY bad move Channel 5.
Reggie

Terrell, TX

#51 Mar 10, 2010
I understand the idea of change but, change without telling your viewers what is going on is wrong.
8328 Jack Gloor

Dallas, TX

#52 Mar 11, 2010
This is about the Toyota debacle and we hear daily about the problems they have. I'm wondering if this is also happening in Japan or is it just a U.S. problem? We hear nothing about unintended accelerating Or braking problems in Japan. Please advise..........Jack Gloor
Mary

Dallas, TX

#53 Mar 13, 2010
Channel 5 once again screws with the morning show. Brendan Higgins brought some zip to this otherwise dreary team..His humor will be missed and I will no longer view channel 5 morning news
annieriggs

North Richland Hills, TX

#54 Mar 14, 2010
Prior to Brendon Higgon's departure, I was a trued and loyal watcher of the morning news. Now, I channel surf or mostly watch CNN or MSNBC. I miss Brendon's wonderful spontaneity and humor. He always put life in a healthy perspective as to 'what is' and 'what isn't' important. He was the perfect start for a perfect day!!! I sure miss him ...:(
Felecia

Alvarado, TX

#55 Mar 23, 2010
I can't believe they've gotten rid of the most witty, comical yet professional news anchor on morning tv. I absolutely LOVE Brendan. I have watched him for years on NBC and now no longer watch the morning show as I'm getting dressed for work because it is UNBEARABLE without Brendan.
Even when they would cut to NBC to see what would be coming up on the Today show, Meredith and Matt seemed to enjoy talking to Brendan more than Debra..They'd always call Brendan by name.
BRENDAN IS SORELY MISSED.....NBC, you made a big mistake in letting him go. Back to ABC I go....or any other channel but channel 5 in the A.M.
Laura

Dallas, TX

#56 Mar 24, 2010
I finally did a search on Brendan Higgins so I could find out where he was....was so disappointed to find out that he is no longer with NBC5. The morning show is not the same. He was, by far, the best part of the morning show. I tried to watch the new team - but it is just not the same...so now I skip the NBC5 morning show and turn on the TV when the Today show comes on.
cnix

Arlington, TX

#57 Mar 24, 2010
nancibee wrote:
Brendan Higgins is number one. I am switching to Fox in the mornings. NBC/DFW make another big mistake letting him go!!
wasn't the loss of rebecca miller enough to leave. have not watch nbc morning since. if not for david finfrock would not watch nbc. i grew in the fort worth area, always watched kxas. susan tully is the one that needs to go away.
Emily

Dallas, TX

#58 Mar 29, 2010
Brendan was so full of himself and thought he was so cool. The bleach tipped hair was the worst and add the "I'm the slick guy attitude" on a set full of women....yuck. if you also get rid Tammy's fake smile and other things, we'll have a real group again...but still need Rebecca. I am glad for the change!
Dfw1

Arlington, TX

#59 Apr 1, 2010
Obviously you are a very bitter person. If you thought he was that way and don't like Tammy then don't watch the news on NBC. There is a thing called remote you can change the channel.
d dawson

Fort Worth, TX

#60 Apr 1, 2010
Ed T wrote:
That's nuts! I bet the same person had a hand in not renewing Rebecca Miller's contract. Channel 5's lost another viewer for early morning news. Looks like I'm headed to Fox News for all my information now. Good luck, Brendan! You will be missed.
DITO! It took me a while to find Rebecca. What the HELL is going on? Brendan was so funny. He wasn't stuffy. Now, I am so bored to death with channel 5. I just look long enough to get the weather.
d dawson

Fort Worth, TX

#61 Apr 1, 2010
it took a while for me to figure out rebecca was gone. i thought she was on vacation and then nothing. i was as disappointed then as i am now. bredan was so funny. seriously, are they kidding? now, i only watch long enough to see the weather. Boaring!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations 52 min weapon X 3
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr P1025aris 9,262
News Gorgeous weather, cheesecake draw large crowd t... 2 hr Harry Bawls 2
News Are black visitors really welcome in the Adiron... (Aug '16) 11 hr Smdh 35
News Three generations keep Milton dairy farm succes... 11 hr farms eh 1
News Castillo guilty in double murder (Jun '09) 22 hr Snack Farts 13
News Interest in black soldiers who fought for Union... Sat Porch Honkey 2
More from around the web