Cop Shoots Driver Who Dragged Officer Chasing Shoplifter

Nov 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS Local

A Romeoville Police officer shot a man and another officer was injured Thursday night while trying to stop three Joliet men suspected of shoplifting during a Black Friday event at a Kohl's store in the southwest suburb.

Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Dec 15, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CC Ryder

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the right response.
linda

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Cops just whip out their guns and start shooting anymore they don't care if innocent people are around or not.This was not a armed robbery.
CC Ryder

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

linda wrote:
Cops just whip out their guns and start shooting anymore they don't care if innocent people are around or not.This was not a armed robbery.
No! The get away driver was also a criminal as since he didn't stop when the LEO was pulled by his car he was using the vehicle he was driving as an assault weapon because anything that can be used to harm or killed someone now a days can be classified as an assault weapon.
In this case the use of the firearm is justified.
just saying

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

linda wrote:
I wondered when the first bleeding heart would make this the cops fault...
The FACT that the driver was dragging a cop does not matter
The FACT that they were alludng police does not matter
The FACT that the cop was doing what ever needed done to save the officer being dragged does not matter

The only thng that matters is this involved cops so they must be at fault.
Agreed

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Linda. You're an idiot. That is all.
Chicken Beaks For Sale

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Congrats to the officer who pulled the trigger on the scumbag. Now those were tax dollars well spent. I'll personally pay for those few pieces of lead. I'm sure there will be more libs crying about something. Hopefully the scumbag got signed up for his obamacare before he got perforated.
Chicken Beaks For Sale

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

linda wrote:
Nobody got hurt but the scumbag. I'm sure if there was a chance of hitting an innocent, the shot would not have been fired. They are trained for this type of decision making. Job well done RPD.
linda

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

Agreed wrote:
Linda. You're an idiot. That is all.
Just glad someone from your family was not there and got shot from a stray bullet dumb ass
Chicken Beaks For Sale

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

linda wrote:
<quoted text>Just glad someone from your family was not there and got shot from a stray bullet dumb ass
I'm glad that nobody from anyones family got lit up, but the scumbag got lit up, and for that I am grateful to the RPD. Can we can agree on that? Why do libs automatically side with criminals, terrorists and other forms of crap? It was the criminal who put others in danger, not the police.
Agreed

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

linda wrote:
<quoted text>Just glad someone from your family was not there and got shot from a stray bullet dumb ass
Idiot Part 2, The Linda Strikes Back.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Judged:

If you run from the cops with stolen goods in hand, you deserve to be shot 100% of the time

"Linda", nobody from anybody's family got struck by a stray bullet. You're creating false drama

I give Romeoville lots of shit, and most of the time they deserve it. However, these cops deserve medals.

I'll even give props to Noak for taking the cops off double-top-secret high end duty of protecting warehouses
Maroons

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Bad idea shooting with bystanders around. No ones life was in danger. Those shots should've never been fired. They got lucky nobody else was hit or you'd all be singing a different tune. Anything in kohls isn't worth squat much less killing a person over.
Adios Illinois

Crown Point, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Romeoville, the armpit now of Illinois. Crappy community.
CC Ryder

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Maroons wrote:
Bad idea shooting with bystanders around. No ones life was in danger. Those shots should've never been fired. They got lucky nobody else was hit or you'd all be singing a different tune. Anything in kohls isn't worth squat much less killing a person over.
Maroons,
BTW that is a great user name for you, but beyond that even with some bystanders around I'm sure the LEO assessed the situation and determined that they were out of the line of fire and it was safe to fire when he took the shots into the criminals vehicle.
Agreed

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Maroon you are clearly illiterate.
Huh

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Maroons wrote:
The officer...whose arm was stuck in the getaway vehicle and who was thus being DRAGGED down the road....HIS life was in danger. Jeeze, read the article people.
At a loss

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

I want to say Thank You to the Romeoville Police Department. From all accounts, the shooting was 100% justified. I am grateful that these officers were out there to protect the community.

Linda, I understand your concern, but you dear, are out of line. Would you have been happier the one of our cops died? If you believe they did something wrong go to Chief Turvy and let sensible people praise their actions.

On a side note....can we please stop bringing liberals into EVERYTHING!

I am a liberal and I fully back our Police, Fire and Rescue workers along with our Troops.
Anyone willing to lay down their life for me on a daily basis is someone I will proudly stand up for.

Quit labeling everybody.
just saying

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Maroons wrote:
Read the article.. one of the cops life ws in danger as he was being drug by the car... but hey he is only acop... rigt
tony

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article.. one of the cops life ws in danger as he was being drug by the car... but hey he is only acop... rigt
Why do they always want to shoot to kill? Why not shoot at his tires.
just saying

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

tony wrote:
<quoted text> Why do they always want to shoot to kill? Why not shoot at his tires.
A) known fact that the shoot out the tire gimmick is just for the movies.
1.It is extremely hard to hit a moving relatively small target
2. If the cop missed the tire the likely hood of ricochet off the ground is high

B)with the cop being drug.. what good would shooting the tire do/... yes eventually it would bring the car to a stop... after the cop had been drug for how far>>>.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••