Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#32302 Jul 16, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have to. His case stands on its own merits and the prosecution will never prove their case.
lol! So you're judge, jury and executioner without having to know a thing!

Wow.
Jackson Strap

Denver, CO

#32303 Jul 16, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Your unscholarly bit won't make the cover of the American Journal of Psychology.
Pardon me if I shortened you post.

Nobody reads long posts.

That's OK.

Keep wasting you time.

Get you nappy head out of you a$$!

Get out and get youself a job before it too late.

You can do it!

You a hard core hoe.
Cat74

United States

#32304 Jul 16, 2012
The deposition of witness # 9 was made public this a m. You should change stations. I'll be on here long after you are dead of old age, and rotting. The people in Florida are bible thumpers, and gun toters. They will make mince meat of # 9. Zimmerman walks because they have an incompetent prosecutor, and there is not enough evidence of 2nd deree murder. That local jury will love George. Geoge will be judged by a jury of his peers There won't be more then 2 blacks on the jury, and the best they can do is hang the jury. Florida doesn't have money to play with this mess after that.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#32305 Jul 16, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm being very frank with you - there in fact is no basis for recusal, on the simple fact that the defendant lied to the judge,(or misled - however you wish to spin that one). A judge has every right to be annoyed when a crimminal defendant in fact lies to him, and hs wife willingly goes along. There's no grounds for appeal here, none at all.
If there were in fact grounds for appeal, the prosecutor would have also abided by the defendants request also.

There was no reason to release Witness #9's unsubstantiated molestation charges other than to prejudice the jury pool.

Her accusation was a bombshell but likely would have no impact at Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial because it's not relevant, lawyers said..........

While the molestation claim is incendiary, "A jury will likely never hear about that," said WFTV-Channel 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer.

That's because it has no relevance to the Feb. 26 shooting of Trayvon Martin, the alleged crime for which Zimmerman is charged. "It should not come into evidence before a jury at all."

Sheaffer said it's possible the state could use Witness 9's claims that Zimmerman is a racist, but that could be rebutted by a great many defense witnesses who are expected to testify to the contrary.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#32306 Jul 16, 2012
Jackson Strap wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tony T!
How my favorite pederast these days?
What you call vile Carlito?
What?.......You think I vile?
You think I disgusting?
Huh?
You the vile pederast rumor spreading [email protected]!
What you gonna do now?
Better watch out essay.
Benny Blanco from the Bronx is looking for you!
You better show some respect.
Found a new word, pederast, and for some unknown reason, applyinmg to not only me, but many others.

What makes you think for a moment (strike that - I asked you to think)that everyone that disagrees with you is interested in boys?

Maybe you're the one infactuated with boys - since you reference to them so consistently.

Essay? I'm not Mexican you POS - you though, have serious mental issues.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#32307 Jul 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So you're judge, jury and executioner without having to know a thing!
Wow.
It is called legal self defense. Next!
Jackson Strap

Denver, CO

#32308 Jul 16, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
The deposition of witness # 9 was made public this a m. You should change stations. I'll be on here long after you are dead of old age, and rotting. The people in Florida are bible thumpers, and gun toters. They will make mince meat of # 9. Zimmerman walks because they have an incompetent prosecutor, and there is not enough evidence of 2nd deree murder. That local jury will love George. Geoge will be judged by a jury of his peers There won't be more then 2 blacks on the jury, and the best they can do is hang the jury. Florida doesn't have money to play with this mess after that.
There might be a couple of primates on the jury.

They gonna be the racist agitators gonna try and hang George with they racist plot.

But it aint gonna fly!

No matter how much they try to incite a riot.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#32309 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Your unscholarly bit won't make the cover of the American Journal of Psychology.
But since you play a psychologist and psychoanalyst, instead of trying to rationalize the behavior of the parent on something that has nothing to do with the act of his child being killed....why don't you rationalize the behavior, thoughts and actions of the child killer and Thug, captain Zimmerman?
I mean, after all, Thug Zimmerman is the one on trial. A "suspicious" kid who was doing nothing but minding his own business was killed (murdered according to me and the state of Florida) by his hand.
Let us know if you believe the perp was on drugs and/or drinking according to his behavior. Let us know if the perp was going to the store or actually on a booty call run (he has been unfaithful in the past).
Let us know what the perp meant by he "emerged from the darkness." (No UFO sightings were reported on that day). Let us know the perp chose to deceive an American court. Let us know why the perp chose not to identify himself to the child he killed.
Let us know if the perp is being blackmailed by Shellie and that is why he married her. Let us know why the perp told supporters one thing about needing money but did another with his slush fund.
Let us know why the perp chose not to receive medical attention for supposedly "life threatening" injuries and only went to the doctor the next day to get a note for his job.
There are many more questions that need to be answered, Mr. Psychoanalyst. But the last I have for you involves a bit of introspection on your part.
Why do you choose to defend the indefensible act of killing a child who was doing NOTHING wrong?
Soon-to-be prison inmate Zimmerman is freed but he definitely ain't free!
Wow, don't tell me you are one of those parents that get a guilt complex when they read that sign,
"It's 10PM do you know where your children are?"

If so, reread.

"Back at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, Tracy Martin and Brandy Green returned to her town house around 10:30 p.m. to find her son, but not his. Trayvon had gone to the store, Chad explained. The adults did not panic. Trayvon was 17, after all. Maybe he had gone to visit a cousin in nearby Oviedo, or maybe he had met a girl along the way, and was chatting her up. Mr. Martin called Trayvonís cellphone, but it went straight to voice mail. Then he called the cousin, who did not answer, but he expected the young man to call back. They went to sleep."

They went to sleep???

The son gets suspended for ten days from school, his third suspension, and the father takes him to Sanford so he can be under adult supervision. Instead, the father goes to the movies and leaves Trayvon at home with his girlfriend's son, Chad Green. Trayvon goes to the stores around 6 Pm as a favor for the younger boy, doesn't come home, doesn't call, and when this father returns home at 10:30 Pm Trayvon is no where to be found. He doesn't answer his cell phone. His father thinks he might be in Oveido ten miles away,gets no answer there either, and the father goes to sleep !! So all of a sudden this 17 year old 'child' is now a 17 year old 'adult' whose father doesn't seem overly concerned that his son may be gone all night. Logic says Trayvon should have been grounded because of his problems at school or al least had a curfew. He had neither. Most concerned parents would at least try to retrace his route to and from the 7-11 store, I know I certainly would. Who knows?
He could have been mugged or struck by a hit and run driver and was laying by the side of the road somewhere, hoping his dad would come looking for him. But no, the father goes to sleep. The police are 300 feet away from the townhouse from 7:20 Pm to after 1 AM and all the father had to do was retrace Trayvon's steps and he would have known in about one minute where his son was.
Anyone who believes that is normal behavior for a parent is kidding him or her self.
Jackson Strap

Denver, CO

#32310 Jul 16, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Found a new word, pederast, and for some unknown reason, applyinmg to not only me, but many others.
What makes you think for a moment (strike that - I asked you to think)that everyone that disagrees with you is interested in boys?
Maybe you're the one infactuated with boys - since you reference to them so consistently.
So all you can do is talk about young boys and pederism?

You a real piece of work.

You not Mexican I know.

I bet you a Nicaraguan guerilla!

I hear you scumbags like to ambush station wagons filled with nuns.

You belong in prison!

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#32311 Jul 16, 2012
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
<quoted text>You had best quit looking in the mirror...your self talk is terrible!

Well, true, but still terrible!
HA!
Jackson Strap

Denver, CO

#32312 Jul 16, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
Essay?

I'm not Mexican you POS - you though, have serious mental issues.
You not good enough to be a Mexican.

Hell you aint good enough to be Cuban either.

OH?...... Maybe you is Puerto Rican?

Why do you look down on you fellow Chicanos man?

Hell you not even a Guatemalan.

Truth's Door

#32313 Jul 16, 2012
Anyone who has a favorite "$h!t$ta!n" is indeed a "$h!t$ta!n"

What stupidity pervades this thread.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#32314 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Part of the problem is the vile and nasty racists on here who take great joy in the killing/murder of a Black child.
Part of the problem is those same ones who wish others of the same to be killed and/or murdered.

So, you have no problem with those who do such a thing? Point me to any of your posts where you have spoken out against that.
The Great Hider Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free!
Then you have those that want to lynch George Zimmerman even though it appears to be a legal case of self dense.If people were really concerned about the deaths of young black males there would be rallies every week in black communities across the nation with celebrities , both black and white, screaming for ways to stop the self induced genocide. Part of the problem is those who stand or sit idly by and not say a word about it.

According to a study from the Tuskegee Institute, the Ku Klux Klan killed 3,446 Black people in America during an 86-year span compared with Black men who kill about this same number of Black people every six months.

In two U.S. wars, 6,754 American soldiers were killed (including 2,019 soldiers in Afghanistan since 2001 and 4,735 soldiers in Iraq since 2003). Statistics show that more than 7,000 Black people are murdered in this country every year! During the 9Ĺ years the U.S. has been at war overseas, about 67,000 Black people were murdered in the United States.

Most of these homicides were committed by black men, primarily men in the 17-44 year-old-age range, against other Black men in that same age group. Black men comprise about 6.5% of the U.S. population and nearly half of U.S. homicide victims. Part of the problem is those who stand or sit idly by and say very little about it and become offended when people say "you reap what you sow."

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#32315 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
HA!
Great, intelligent, thoughtful liberal come-back!

Or, more to the point, acquiescence.

You may go now.
Jackson Strap

Denver, CO

#32316 Jul 16, 2012
Anyone who has a favorite "$h!t$ta!n" is indeed a "$h!t$ta!n"

What stupidity pervades this thread.
You calling me a $h!t$tain?

I not a $h!t$ta!n.

You a $h!t$ta!n!

You made a mess on the floor.

I bet there's $h!t everywhere around you.

Probably got a catheter hose hanging out of you pr!ck.

And an enema up you a$$!

You silence is deafening.

You didn't deny it.

You just an old disabled $h!t$ta!n!

Got nothing better to do than spread you hate 24/7.

You addicted to hate like you addicted to coxsucking.

Get youself some geriatric pooty before you die.

Don't die like a pig!

Truth's Door

#32317 Jul 16, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Florida has the money.

They have the money to purge eligible voters from the voting rolls, including citizens who have fought in wars for this country.

Florida has the money to keep innocent people in prisons and jails.

I'm pretty sure they got the money to get justice for Thug Zimmerman.

In the unlikely event Florida doesn't have the money, I will begin a fund to raise the money. I guarantee you that the money that will come in to it will dwarf the nickel and dimes that child killer Zimmerman is bringing in with his slush fund.

I'll even allow the perp to avail himself of some of the funds for his commissary items once justice catches up to him. However, it shall not exceed $3.00.

That's enough to get him some tea and a bag of skittles.

Deviant Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free.

Truth's Door

#32318 Jul 16, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>Found a new word, pederast, and for some unknown reason, applyinmg to not only me, but many others.

He or IT has many serious mental issues.

He or IT is infatuated with anything that is male on male. Just sick of that crazy, creepy and crude poster.

Truth's Door

#32319 Jul 16, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, don't tell me you are one of those parents that get a guilt complex when they read that sign,
"It's 10PM do you know where your children are?"

If so, reread.

"Back at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, Tracy Martin and Brandy Green returned to her town house around 10:30 p.m. to find her son, but not his. Trayvon had gone to the store, Chad explained. The adults did not panic. Trayvon was 17, after all. Maybe he had gone to visit a cousin in nearby Oviedo, or maybe he had met a girl along the way, and was chatting her up. Mr. Martin called Trayvon’s cellphone, but it went straight to voice mail. Then he called the cousin, who did not answer, but he expected the young man to call back. They went to sleep."

They went to sleep???

The son gets suspended for ten days from school, his third suspension, and the father takes him to Sanford so he can be under adult supervision. Instead, the father goes to the movies and leaves Trayvon at home with his girlfriend's son, Chad Green. Trayvon goes to the stores around 6 Pm as a favor for the younger boy, doesn't come home, doesn't call, and when this father returns home at 10:30 Pm Trayvon is no where to be found. He doesn't answer his cell phone. His father thinks he might be in Oveido ten miles away,gets no answer there either, and the father goes to sleep !! So all of a sudden this 17 year old 'child' is now a 17 year old 'adult' whose father doesn't seem overly concerned that his son may be gone all night. Logic says Trayvon should have been grounded because of his problems at school or al least had a curfew. He had neither. Most concerned parents would at least try to retrace his route to and from the 7-11 store, I know I certainly would. Who knows?
He could have been mugged or struck by a hit and run driver and was laying by the side of the road somewhere, hoping his dad would come looking for him. But no, the father goes to sleep. The police are 300 feet away from the townhouse from 7:20 Pm to after 1 AM and all the father had to do was retrace Trayvon's steps and he would have known in about one minute where his son was.
Anyone who believes that is normal behavior for a parent is kidding him or her self.
See my previous post about re-writing and re-submitting your previous post.

This time keep up and pay attention.

Child killer Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#32320 Jul 16, 2012
Jackson Strap wrote:
<quoted text>
You not good enough to be a Mexican.
Hell you aint good enough to be Cuban either.
OH?...... Maybe you is Puerto Rican?
Why do you look down on you fellow Chicanos man?
Hell you not even a Guatemalan.
The above post is living proof - aborted fetuses can type.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#32321 Jul 16, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called legal self defense. Next!
lol! Like I said, you're judge, jury and executioner!

Facts not needed or wanted in your case!

I love this comedy channel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's transgender troops ban divides veterans... 7 min WasteWater 49
News Restaurant Road Trip: Brewport a " Pizza Hot Of... 1 hr Gavone 3
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 2 hr WasteWater 604
News Knife & Fork (Sep '09) 3 hr Crushing 17
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... 7 hr need better location 27
News 100,000 veterans face long waits to see VA doctors (Jun '14) 11 hr Mister Jeremy 3
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) Wed Tm Cln 389
More from around the web