Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#30089 Jun 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, with all that b.s. you must know that my interpretation is correct and yours is the one caused by your bias.
Thanks for exposing yet another liberal lie.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#30090 Jun 29, 2012
shadowmind wrote:
T-Bone Martin, like far too many young black men, wasn't able to control himself. He got himself killed by continuing to physically assault someone who obviously did not want to fight, and who was obviously in fear of his life. You don't keep attacking someone that is screaming for help.
T-Bone saw it as a weakness, and it only encouraged him to keep attacking. But it was a warning. He ignored it at his peril. T-Bone didn't think he had any limits on his own behavior. He learned the hard way that there are bounds you just don't cross.
As the wise Augustus said of Marc Anthony " a lesson he didn't live long enough to benefit from" [I, Claudius}
downhill246

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#30091 Jun 29, 2012
shadowmind wrote:
T-Bone Martin, like far too many young black men, wasn't able to control himself. He got himself killed by continuing to physically assault someone who obviously did not want to fight, and who was obviously in fear of his life. You don't keep attacking someone that is screaming for help.
T-Bone saw it as a weakness, and it only encouraged him to keep attacking. But it was a warning. He ignored it at his peril. T-Bone didn't think he had any limits on his own behavior. He learned the hard way that there are bounds you just don't cross.

Sounds about right. If Martin had stopped his assault he would still be alive today though probably in jail charged with aggravated battery.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30092 Jun 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Corey has no evidence for her claims so the laugh is on you.She ignored the immunity section and now is conducting a kangaroo court so the natives won't get restless.
A person who uses force as permitted in s776.012,776.013 or s 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom the force was used was a law enforcement officer,as defined in s943.10(14)
F.S.776.032(1)
"I think what you have here is an elected public official who made a campaign speech last night for reelection when she gave her presentation and overcharged. This case will not -- if the evidence is no stronger than what appears in the probable cause affidavit -- this case will result in an acquittal.
Harvard University law professor Alan Dershowitz
But of course political showcase trials must go on even when there is little evidence to sustain the charges.
Without a grand jury, Florida state prosecutor Angela Corey determined the second-degree murder charge for Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman. Some believe this is another instance of Corey zealously overcharging as she has done in the past .
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/19/overcha...
“I don’t see probable cause for 2nd degree murder!”
Mark levin, constitutional scholar and president of Landmark Legal Foundation
lol! Idiot....

"Second Amendment and the U.S. Constitution

Dershowitz is strongly opposed to firearms ownership and the Second Amendment, and supports repealing the amendment, but he vigorously opposes using the judicial system to read it out of the Constitution because it would open the way for further revisions to the Bill of Rights and Constitution by the courts. "Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a public safety hazard don't see the danger in the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like."[45]"

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#30093 Jun 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would a 'bad think' make one believe in the dictionary?
Take your meds gramps, to slow down the senility.
posting in soiled Depends and screaming for the attendant must be trying on the old goat.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30094 Jun 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Corey has no evidence for her claims so the laugh is on you.She ignored the immunity section and now is conducting a kangaroo court so the natives won't get restless.
A person who uses force as permitted in s776.012,776.013 or s 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom the force was used was a law enforcement officer,as defined in s943.10(14)
F.S.776.032(1)
"I think what you have here is an elected public official who made a campaign speech last night for reelection when she gave her presentation and overcharged. This case will not -- if the evidence is no stronger than what appears in the probable cause affidavit -- this case will result in an acquittal.
But of course political showcase trials must go on even when there is little evidence to sustain the charges.
Without a grand jury, Florida state prosecutor Angela Corey determined the second-degree murder charge for Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman. Some believe this is another instance of Corey zealously overcharging as she has done in the past .
lol! And the hits just keep on coming....

"Support For The People's Mujahedin of Iran

On February 29, 2012, Dershowitz filed an Amicus Brief in support of the People's Mujahedin of Iran, also known as the MEK, a group designated by the State Department as a foreign terrorist organization.[52][53] The MEK was placed on the list for attacks on U.S. military personal and civilian contractors, and is believed responsible for the deaths of three U.S. Army officers, three U.S. civilian contractors, as well as the wounding of USAF General Harold Price, during an assassination attempt.[54][55]

The People's Mujahedin of Iran renounced violence in 2001.[56] However, a 2004 FBI report on the group states that, "MEK is currently actively involved in planning and executing acts of terrorism.”[57][58] Additionally, in 2009, seven people plead guilty to providing material support to the People's Mujahedin of Iran.[59][60]..."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30096 Jun 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
F.S.776.032(1)
lol! And we can add Michael Milken to this happy list. Boy, you sure do talk like that idiot Truth.....

"...Dershowitz is known for his involvement in several high-profile legal cases and as a commentator on the Arab–Israeli conflict. As a criminal appellate lawyer, he has won 13 of the 15 murder and attempted murder cases he has handled, and has represented a series of celebrity clients, including Mike Tyson, Patty Hearst, and Jim Bakker.[2] His most notable cases include his role in 1984 in overturning the conviction of Claus von Bülow for the attempted murder of his wife, Sunny, and as the appellate adviser for the defense in the O.J. Simpson trial in 1995.[3]..."

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#30097 Jun 29, 2012
The truth shall set ye free:

MIAMI – The stack of evidence released last week in the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman is notable, legal experts say, for what's not in it: firm evidence that Zimmerman acted with malice when he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey charged Zimmerman last month, alleging that Zimmerman, a neighborhood crime-watch volunteer, acted with ill will when he shot Martin, who was black, after a Feb. 26 scuffle behind some townhouses in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., where Martin was staying with his father.

But analysts say the evidence released so far contains little information to support the prosecutor's contention that Zimmerman acted with a "depraved mind" when he shot Martin - a standard the prosecution must meet if the murder charge is to stand.

"I still don't see any evidence yet of the elements of second-degree murder," said Miami defense attorney John Priovolos, a former prosecutor. The special prosecutor "has to prove ill will, hatred or spite. I don't see any evidence of his state of mind," he said.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/05/20/2112243 ...

Even today the DA blathered on without one shred of proof of anything he said.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30098 Jun 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would a 'bad think' make one believe in the dictionary?
Take your meds gramps, to slow down the senility.
lol! As opposed to your idiocy son?

I love this comedy channel.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30099 Jun 29, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds about right. If Martin had stopped his assault he would still be alive today though probably in jail charged with aggravated battery.
lol! Good thing your opinion has no proof otherwise it would actually be a fact... for once!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30101 Jun 29, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>
posting in soiled Depends and screaming for the attendant must be trying on the old goat.
lol! You love your Depends, don't you son?

I bet you're a hoarder of the dirty ones!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30102 Jun 29, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dershowitz is a dirt bag with no morals.
Well, there are right wing extremist idiots and left wing ones too.

The problem with both is they hate everything that doesn't agree with them. That's the only compromise the allow.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30103 Jun 29, 2012
the westerner wrote:
The truth shall set ye free:
MIAMI – The stack of evidence released last week in the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman is notable, legal experts say, for what's not in it: firm evidence that Zimmerman acted with malice when he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
Special prosecutor Angela Corey charged Zimmerman last month, alleging that Zimmerman, a neighborhood crime-watch volunteer, acted with ill will when he shot Martin, who was black, after a Feb. 26 scuffle behind some townhouses in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., where Martin was staying with his father.
But analysts say the evidence released so far contains little information to support the prosecutor's contention that Zimmerman acted with a "depraved mind" when he shot Martin - a standard the prosecution must meet if the murder charge is to stand.
"I still don't see any evidence yet of the elements of second-degree murder," said Miami defense attorney John Priovolos, a former prosecutor. The special prosecutor "has to prove ill will, hatred or spite. I don't see any evidence of his state of mind," he said.
Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/05/20/2112243 ...
Even today the DA blathered on without one shred of proof of anything he said.
lol! I can tell you're still in isolation son.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#30104 Jun 29, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I love your Depends, don't I ??
I suck out the dirty ones!
Yeah is a squeaky door, flatulence in the elevator, a sticky doorknob, a wailing baby during a political speech, a nose-picker in the bakery, a bathroom vandal in a diarrhea ward, a runaway mouth at bedtime, the fat lady hitting your heels with the shopping cart, an irritation to all the the senses,....

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#30105 Jun 29, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Sounds like Bill Billichek to me!
It is very obvious that Martin are other ghetto rats are your kind of people.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30106 Jun 29, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah is a squeaky door, flatulence in the elevator, a sticky doorknob, a wailing baby during a political speech, a nose-picker in the bakery, a bathroom vandal in a diarrhea ward, a runaway mouth at bedtime, the fat lady hitting your heels with the shopping cart, an irritation to all the the senses,....
lol! Such a whiner you are son!

What's the matter? Can't keep up with the intelligent parts of the discussion? You hate being ignore and trampled on by those who are up to speed with current events? Complaining that the real world doesn't match your imaginary one?

awwwww.... poor baby....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#30107 Jun 29, 2012
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>It is very obvious that Martin are other ghetto rats are your kind of people.
lol! You really do hate Billichek don't you son?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Location hidden

#30108 Jun 30, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Judge decide if he gets bail or not? We had storms and I had to shut down.
Evidence was heard. The killer's attorney asked the judge if he could testify without being cross examined. Judge say no, he should be treated like any other defendant, no special treatment. Made me laugh.

Looks like the decision will come sometimes next week.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Location hidden

#30109 Jun 30, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't post nada. A person 21 and older have a right to refuse roadside testing including the non-evidentiary portable breath test. It doesn't really matter anyway, I beat my DUI, I refused these tests, but most "Americans" are so freaking stupid, they wouldn't know this. But anyway, I'll repost the information agains since it is factually correct, maybe it will help one person beat their Florida DUI accusation...
that may be so, but that still does not give you the right to post erronious material. A person may refuse field sobriety tests and the portable breath test in Florida, so long as they are 21 or older and not suffer any penalty as those tests are not required by law...
Here's what Florida DUI Attorneys Thomas & Paulk have to say about the matter of person 21 and older in the state of Florida and their right to refuse field sobriety tests and the non-evidentiary roadside Portable Breath Test
http://www.duiattorneystampabay.com/DUI/DUI_T ...
Roadside Breath Testing
A common question associated with driving under the influence is whether a driver must submit to a roadside breath test. The answer may vary depending on the specific circumstances. If a driver is under the age of 21 and is pulled over on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, he or she may face administrative license suspension for refusing a roadside breath test. Drivers who are 21 years of age or older, however, may refuse roadside breath testing without facing license suspension or criminal penalties. As every case is different, it is important to get detailed information that applies to your unique situation. An attorney can provide you with the insight you need to make informed decisions about your case.
Portable Breath Tests (Preliminary Alcohol Screening) in Florida
What is meant by a "roadside breath test"? In using this term, we are referring to a specific type of breath test administered before a driver is arrested for DUI. Often referred to as a preliminary alcohol screening (PAS) test, this type of test is typically administered using a portable device in the field, as opposed to a formal test conducted at the police station after a driver is taken into custody on suspicion of DUI.
While a driver in Tampa, Florida will most certainly face driver's license suspension and possibly criminal charges for refusing a formal breath test after his or her arrest, refusing a portable breath test is a different matter. Provided you are over the age of 21 and are not currently on probation for a previous DUI conviction, you most likely have the right to refuse a roadside breath test.
You idiot, give it up. No one cares. Start another thread. Please STFU.

Jumping Jim

Location hidden

#30110 Jun 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You really do hate Billichek don't you son?
I don't even know what or who this 'Bullichek' thing is, that you are talking about. Is this something you made up with your contorted logic? I ain't your son either. If we were family, I would have disowned you decades ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palomas dentist still missing (Dec '09) 5 hr Siouxdog 22
News 'Undocumented' but inspiring (Nov '12) 7 hr Mark 65
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 8 hr Cupid 9,263
News SLIDESHOW: JonBenet murder still a mystery 15 y... (Dec '11) 13 hr PelicanBreefs 5
News Goat milk? Family spends days tending to furry ... 14 hr notfromhere 1
News Ask Mary Beth - Where to buy reclaimed wood (Jul '08) 23 hr Alexhoh 20
News Anti-Muslim bigotry has an official voice in Tr... 23 hr Conservative Boot 359
More from around the web