Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26387 Jun 5, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
4. Student records
Access to student records is limited by statute. In 2009, the Legislature revised the state statutes relating to student records to incorpor parents the right to have education records created, maintained or used by public educational institutions and agencies protected in accordance with the FERPA, the implementing regulations issued pursuant to this act, and s. 1002.22, F.S. See s. 1002.22(1), F.S., defining "Agency" and "Institution." Section 1002.22, F.S., also applies to records of any defunct nonpublic educational institution that has deposited its student records with the district school superintendent in the county where the institution was located. Section 1002.22(5), F.S.
Section 1002.221, F.S., provides that education records are confidential and prohibits an agency, as defined in s. 1002.22(1)(a), F.S., or a public school, center, institution, or other entity that is part of Florida's education system under s. 1000.04(1),(3), or (4), from releasing a student's education records (as defined in FERPA and implementing regulations) without the student's or parent's written consent, except as permitted by FERPA, or to the Auditor General or the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability, when necessary for such agencies to perform their official duties and responsibilities. But see s. 1002.221(2)(b), F.S., permitting an agency to release student education records without the written consent of the student or parent to parties to an interagency agreement among the Department of Juvenile Justice, the school, law enforcement authorities, and other signatory agencies.
Public postsecondary educational Institutions are required to comply with FERPA with respect to the education records of students. Section 1002.225(2), F.S. Section 1006.52(1), F.S., authorizes a public postsecondary educational institution to prescribe the content and custody of records the institution maintains on its students and applicants for admission. A student's education records and applicant records are confidential and exempt. Id. A public postsecondary educational institution may not release a student's education records without the written consent of the student except as permitted by FERPA or to the Auditor General or the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability, which are necessary for such agencies to perform their official duties and responsibilities.
No one but you and your idiot boyfriends are buying it, The thug is dead, no reason to hide them, except to hide his school criminality, like assaulting the bus driver:

Ignorant troll, whoever had them sealed there is ample evidence out there to accuse his parents of doing it. Regardless, interested parties do not want the truth about the POS criminal out there, do they?

Tattoos,Gold Teeth,Drugs and Violence, a Different Picture of Trayvon
the-american-journal.com/trayvon-tattoos-gold ...
When American Journal had discovered that Trayvon Martin had actually ... Of course, this is why Trayvon was staying as his Father's house, so far away from school.... as a lawyer representing Trayvon's family has sealed his school records.
Zimmerman vs Trayvon Martin, truth revealed!- League of Legends

na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php ...
98 posts - Apr 11
But Trayvon Martin was suspended the second time from school in October ... filed an injunction to “seal” Trayvon's school and criminal records earlier this month ... The parents argue the background information on Trayvon is ...
Update #6: Trayvon Martin – The Latest Installments | The Last Refuge
theconservativetreehouse.com/.../update-6-tra ...-...

Apr 5, 2012 – But Trayvon Martin was suspended the second time from school in October ... filed an injunction to “seal” Trayvon's school and criminal records earlier this month ... The parents argue the background information on Trayvon is

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26388 Jun 5, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do they want the school records of the dead victim? So they can say he may have skipped school a couple of times or failed a test? Grounds for murder? This is sick.
too prove what a scumbag thief and criminal Trayvon was, you blathering bovine.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26389 Jun 5, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the nerve to be asking for proof of anything, LIAR.
Prove the LIES that you post up on here. I was wondering when you'd have the nerve to post again after your last lie, or did they cover measurements while your were in school?
How come you didn't trot out Enoch BlusterHustler or the BronachFool profile????
Matters not, you are all one and the same and then some. It is just as easy to bash one of you as it is the three of you together. Got that Bronach?
You can fool some of the people some of the time. You know the rest!
You retard, i can't even tell what you're babbling about.

But , I see you have chosen to show everyone what a cowardly, ignorant troll you are.

Dismissed fleabagger!

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26390 Jun 5, 2012
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>He could have requested the hearing yesterday but the judge is out through Thursday and could not have considered the request until Friday.
George's credibility is suffering, he lied to the police the evening of the encounter he lied to sheriffs office later about something he'd already been called out on and of course he and his wife lied about the PayPal money and second passport. Also worth mentioning is his goofy friend Frank who is making a fool out George every time he appears on HLN.
The Seminole County jail has a very nice, safe special section for high profile types, maybe George and his attorney are interested in laying low for a while.
Keep in mind that George already had two attorneys bolt, maybe O'Mara doesn't trust him.
Irrelevant, the violent criminal Martin violently and feloniously assaulted GZ and got his dumbass shot for it, you know nothing of the law and are likely some dumbass ghetto resident and criminal yourself.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#26391 Jun 5, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
you idiot
how much money was in the account the moment he set it up (if he did)
when I said he didnt have computer access,
I meant when he was asked how much money he had..
he was in jail you clueless moron
with, like I said...
NO COMPUTER ACCESS
sorry you are too dumb to be able to figure that out yourself
dont post to me loser.
you arent worth the time and you add nothing to the conversation besides stupidity
get a life loser
lol! Sorry by little idiot.

Apparently what you mean and what you say are two different things to you.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26392 Jun 5, 2012
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Trayvon was 6ft 3 and weighed 140lbs.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#26393 Jun 5, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
you idiot
how much money was in the account the moment he set it up (if he did)
when I said he didnt have computer access,
I meant when he was asked how much money he had..
he was in jail you clueless moron
with, like I said...
NO COMPUTER ACCESS
sorry you are too dumb to be able to figure that out yourself
dont post to me loser.
you arent worth the time and you add nothing to the conversation besides stupidity
get a life loser
lol! Don't you just hate it when you screw up your own post and it takes a non conservative to straighten you out, son?

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26394 Jun 5, 2012
Zimmerman's height is shown as 5'7"
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#26395 Jun 5, 2012
zazz wrote:
We now know why O'Mara has put off filing a motion for a bond hearing.
He is afraid there are more "secrets" in the jailhouse tapes. He wants to listen to them before filing for the motion. He doesn't want to be slapped upside the head again by the able prosecution. No more courtroom surprises.
That's so funny to me.
lol! In other words, he doesn't trust his client to tell him the truth!

I love this comedy channel.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26396 Jun 5, 2012
1).The first Big Lie occurred when the mainstream media dishonestly put out pictures of an 11 year old boy instead of a six foot three inch tall 17 year old football player
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#26397 Jun 5, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
zazzho
thanks for showing my posts really get to you
lol
truth hurts the idiots...
lol! You're such an idiot son.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26398 Jun 5, 2012
An ABC news article reported Trayvon was six foot three inches. Zimmerman meanwhile is five feet nine inches tall, sounds like 6 inches taller to me, Douchebag.

Of course I went to catholic school, those who attended public schools probably can't even do the math.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#26399 Jun 5, 2012
American_Infidel wrote:
Man, this thread still going?
He's innocent.
End of story, case closed.
Next!!
lol! So sister Sarah is still rejecting you, eh son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#26400 Jun 5, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
we dont get our rights from the constitution you pathetic moron
the constition only limits government,
its so funny how you are always wrong
what an idiot loser
you define the term "clueless twitiot"
do you even guess your name without getting it wrong ?
Bill of Rights.

Hmmmmmm...... you must be from a different country son. You're certainly not American.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26402 Jun 5, 2012
Meanwhile, we’ve learned that Trayvon had Twitter accounts that his family and friends tried to delete, which contain tweets, which suggest Trayvon recently swung at a bus driver and was a part time drug-dealer.
Reported drug dealer
reported assaulter of white bus driver, possibly female
Certainly a jewel thief and burglar
Well on his way to a life of crime.
GZ? He had a CCW. Criminals don't get CCW's.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#26403 Jun 5, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I’m not here for your approval as to my posting, I have already posted the definition of redacted as; “editing text prior to publication”.
This is what I had been doing editing text before publishing it here.
But just for you and to give you one less thing to toss out as a diversionary tactic and whine about, perhaps I’ll switch to ‘edited’…
lol! Just can't give the unabridged truth can you son?

You need to add your two cents and claim something as a fact.

What a loon!

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26404 Jun 5, 2012
No evidence anywhere, from anyone who can say GZ instigated physical contact with the violent criminal Martin, who was suspended from school, most likely from assaulting a school bus driver.

The evidence does show Martin assaulted Zimmerman.

Everything else is irrelevant in a court of law.

Zimmerman walks, rightly.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#26405 Jun 5, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<EDITED quote>
You should quit while you are way behind. At the rate you are going, you will have buried yourself before midnight.
Even if someone is "suggesting" punishment or sentencing, that is NOT the same as what Zimmerman did to Trayvon. That's very asinine of you to think or say or write such a thing.
Perhaps it depends on the way one chooses to consider it…

Exacting punishment and claiming one would exact the same the punishment still appears similar to me, with the exception of the actual execution in my opinion.

I have already posted a statement that appears to state in the opinion of the poster, Zimmerman should be dead and I’m thinking there is probably more than just that one from all of those who claim to be advocating for Martin.

The only difference seems to be Zimmerman may have had justification for his shooting Martin; ie: he was allegedly being beaten and was allegedly in fear for his life.

Those who state Zimmerman should be punished or killed, appear to be making their claims from a desire for revenge or punishment of Zimmerman before he has been convicted.

On one point we can agree, there is nothing wrong with Zimmerman being locked up following the crime, as a matter of fact in my opinion he should have been, if for no other reason than to allow the Sanford PD to conduct a thorough investigation.

As for you statement there is nothing wrong with him being locked up during the trial, would seem to go against our established judicial system that allows the charged to post bail barring certain extenuating circumstances.

And the same also applied to OJ and Anthony as they both were given the opportunity to post bail and did so.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26406 Jun 5, 2012
I wonder how a bona fide cretin has access to a computer.

OneRyder wrote:
I pray this family is blessed with all the strength needed to deal with the loss of their child in such a hateful and painful manners.
I wonder if the dad tracked down Zimmerman, and shot him dead, could the dad get away with claiming "self defense"?

Now I have to open the bubbly to celebrate Walker's retention in Wisconsin.

the westerner

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#26407 Jun 5, 2012
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>What part of this whole stand your ground law eludes your dumb azz? If this very same scenario had played out in one of 34 other US states the shooter would have been charged with a serious felony, booked and would be awaiting trial. Chances are pretty good that if this same scenario played out in a different Florida county the result would also have been different.
This shooting occurred at just moments past 7PM on a Sunday evening, George had no reason whatsoever to leave the safety of his vehicle to pursue a stranger who was simply walking along. George was nowhere near his own home, the castle doctrine does not apply.
Too bad for George that Trayvon was a juvenile with every right to be where he was when George first noticed him. Too bad for George that Trayvon was not armed. And it's too bad for George that Trayvon's friend knew that some creepy guy was following Trayvon.
another ignorant cretin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House security clearance changes may affe... 8 hr RustyS 2
News All in the family: Quest for black history bega... 15 hr Okie 2
Is it Dengue season in Davao? 19 hr henry33 1
News Antioch double homicide: Two defendants take pl... 23 hr Jamie 1
News Featured artist at Yuma Art Symposium: Jayden M... Sun ruger12pk 1
News Tupelo mayor furls rebel-themed Miss. flag at p... Sun Jason Shelton 27
News Ash Wednesday, Valentine's Day aren't at odds Sat Freddy 6
More from around the web