Christmas on the Pecos seeks help decorating

Oct 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

Carlsbad has become renowned for its spectacular Christmas light show provided for the community and visitors by homeowners with homes along the Pecos River.

Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Dec 1, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just saying

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

DONATIONS?! If people can afford to live on riverside then they can well afford to decorate their homes! And by the way, if it's so important to the city of Carlsbad then why don't they decorate for the homeowners as a donation? People have a hard enough time financially at Christmastime! sheeesh
Hmm

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

All the money the Christmas on the Pecos is making, they should pay someone to decorate for these people.
Pecos no more

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

I told people last year was the last time I was going to do this.

High electric bill, all the noise, all the work involved, and the cost out of my pocket for keeping everything going until Jan 1st.

The chamber wants people to volunteer so they keep more of the profits.
Grinch finder

Roswell, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

That's right go ahead and spew out all of your Christmas-time "cheer" for the rest of us to enjoy. How classic, those without (and jealous of those with) feel the others should pony up; while those with, feel used by the Chamber. Guess what guys, there's nothing wrong in asking for donations (beats a increase to sales tax anyday) and there's nothing wrong in asking for volunteers. Some of those volunteers actually enjoy it. Personally I enjoy the boat ride to see the decorated houses. Sorry if the noise is too loud.
curious

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Grinch finder wrote:
That's right go ahead and spew out all of your Christmas-time "cheer" for the rest of us to enjoy. How classic, those without (and jealous of those with) feel the others should pony up; while those with, feel used by the Chamber. Guess what guys, there's nothing wrong in asking for donations (beats a increase to sales tax anyday) and there's nothing wrong in asking for volunteers. Some of those volunteers actually enjoy it. Personally I enjoy the boat ride to see the decorated houses. Sorry if the noise is too loud.
will you help pay the electric bills?
richie rich Wanda

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Please help us. We want you ignorant people to help us so we can put more money in the stock market. We love being rich, you poor jerks.
Rose Tyler

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Why doesn't Derek Balbozo hire folks to do this. He makes a small mint on this event. I think the concept is a wonderful idea, I just feel the benefit for the community as a whole is limited.
mr senor

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Name one of the boats Pedro. I cant afford to live on the river and you whities can do all the work.
Actually

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Derek's sister, Toni, now owns the business. And she lives in Alb. Rarely down here to handle things.
Winterhaven Festival

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Check out: winterhavenfestival d0t 0rg to see what a real community can do.. It is located in Tucson, AZ. And yes they do help the citizens with their utilities... enjoy
citizen

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Winterhaven Festival wrote:
Check out: winterhavenfestival d0t 0rg to see what a real community can do.. It is located in Tucson, AZ. And yes they do help the citizens with their utilities... enjoy
Well this is CARLSBAD! Here many of us are struggling to pay our OWN bills let alone someone else's ...especially around the holidays! Can you understand this?!
Well now

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well this is CARLSBAD! Here many of us are struggling to pay our OWN bills let alone someone else's ...especially around the holidays! Can you understand this?!
If people learned to budget, they wouldn't have a hard time around the holidays. Everyone that don't make enough tries to live beyond their means and it comes back to bite them.
losers

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Effin loosers who can't figure out that you have to actually work to earn enough money to live on Riverside, you complain but tonight I almost ran over all your kids that you took trick or treating on Riverside hoping the "rich people" would load them up! AND, some of the Riverside residents are older and not able to physically do the decorating! QUIT COMPLAINING, GET AN EDUCATION, AND EARN ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A HOUSE ON RIVERSIDE! AND TEACH YOUR KIDS THAT THEY SHOULD DO THE SAME AND WORK HARD FOR NICE THINGS AND NOT THAT THEY SHOULD WINE AND CRY THAT THEIR PARENTS WERE SO DUMB THAT THEY NEVER SHOWED THEM BY EXAMPLE HOW TO MAKE MONEY! I do agree that the city should pay the electric bill during the touring time! I am soooooooo sick of the freakin people who cry that they don't have anything and bash those who worked their butts off to have something. And, before you start crying about how your a single mother raising kids all by yourself please stop! It is not our fault that you choose to sleep with losers and have multiple kids!!
losers

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

If you weren't able to better yourself you can teach your child to study hard and take full advantage of their education. There are more scholarships available to minorities and low income children who have a decent grade point average than there are to any child in the public school system. You are doing them no favors by raising them to hate people who have more than they do, you should be teaching them how to take advantage of their education and to make a better life for themselves. Break the chain and do what you can to make a better life for them. You are just as bad as rich people looking down on poor people! We live in a country where anything is possible and if you really try you can have what ever you want, it just depends on how hard you are willing to work for it!
richie rich Wanda

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Some people marry in to money. Some people have rich parents. Some people do enough sucking to live on Riverside (my street). Quit complaining you poor trash.
bikergurl

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

richie rich Wanda wrote:
Some people marry in to money. Some people have rich parents. Some people do enough sucking to live on Riverside (my street). Quit complaining you poor trash.
PAY YOUR OWN ELECTRIC BILLS, YOU BLOODSUCKERS! If you can afford to live on Riverside, then you can well afford a high electric bill. As for the older people who can't decorate, I'm sure they could afford to hire someone to do it for them! Stop call the poor citizens names and be a bit more understanding!
Greedy Folks

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

bikergurl wrote:
<quoted text>
PAY YOUR OWN ELECTRIC BILLS, YOU BLOODSUCKERS! If you can afford to live on Riverside, then you can well afford a high electric bill. As for the older people who can't decorate, I'm sure they could afford to hire someone to do it for them! Stop call the poor citizens names and be a bit more understanding!
Why should people living on the river be forced to pay outrageous electric bills, buy elaborate decorations, take times out of their lives to decorate and have their lives interrupted from Thanksgiving to New Years all for the benefit the greedy folks at the Chamber of Commerce and the equally greedy Balzanos who operate the boats? If the Chamber wants to make loads of money off Christmas on the Pecos, let them buy the decorations, put them all up and pay the electric bills. But no, they just want to reap the rewards at someone else's expense.
goodgosh

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

losers wrote:
If you weren't able to better yourself you can teach your child to study hard and take full advantage of their education. There are more scholarships available to minorities and low income children who have a decent grade point average than there are to any child in the public school system. You are doing them no favors by raising them to hate people who have more than they do, you should be teaching them how to take advantage of their education and to make a better life for themselves. Break the chain and do what you can to make a better life for them. You are just as bad as rich people looking down on poor people! We live in a country where anything is possible and if you really try you can have what ever you want, it just depends on how hard you are willing to work for it!
40% of kids do not graduate from HS.... another generation of losers....
Pecos no more

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Greedy Folks wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should people living on the river be forced to pay outrageous electric bills, buy elaborate decorations, take times out of their lives to decorate and have their lives interrupted from Thanksgiving to New Years all for the benefit the greedy folks at the Chamber of Commerce and the equally greedy Balzanos who operate the boats? If the Chamber wants to make loads of money off Christmas on the Pecos, let them buy the decorations, put them all up and pay the electric bills. But no, they just want to reap the rewards at someone else's expense.
Finally I see someone else get's it. Thanks (@Greedy Folks).
You people who live in Carlsbad need to all chip in, maybe we can create Pecos on River bond so we can tax all the citizens of Carlsbad to help pay for the decorations that they like to see each year on the river, sort of like the school district gets their bonds approved on a obscure special Tuesday.
richie rich Wanda

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

We should name it, "Cascades on the River." It would be fantastic! Just for us that live on the river to enjoy. You poor trashie people who complain because you are so poor. Buy some gold or stock like we do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Witness: Beaten man told eatery 'not safe for w... 1 hr birddog 3
Wally's Frozen Custard in St. Clair Shores (Feb '14) 4 hr Hunkey Howies 195
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 4 hr quitter 8,082
Sandovals buy Shore Pointe building for $11M (Dec '06) 6 hr Sir Samuel 2
Flight MH370: 19 conspiracy theories from Malay... 12 hr _malon_goblok 6
Pope's reach in South Korea may extend beyond C... 14 hr paul shykora arts 1
Drumstik Bar-BQ in Bridgeport was the top vote-... 15 hr Bridgeport Girl 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••