Dates, times for Hatfield-McCoy shows...

Dates, times for Hatfield-McCoy shows released

There are 20 comments on the Williamson Daily News Online story from May 18, 2012, titled Dates, times for Hatfield-McCoy shows released. In it, Williamson Daily News Online reports that:

West Virginia University Extension Professor Bill Richardson is getting ready to see the fruits of his labor materialize, as the entire nation will have the opportunity to become acquainted with the legend of the Hatfield and McCoy feud, beginning Monday, May 21.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Williamson Daily News Online.

“God Save America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 May 29, 2012
Too bad that Prof. Richardson and the producers of the movie didn't learn how to pronounce Johnse Hatfield's name correctly. It is NOT "John-sey" but Johnse, pronounced "Johnsuh".
wowlol

Clendenin, WV

#2 May 29, 2012
where was this filmed at?
chub

Gilbert, WV

#3 May 29, 2012
Romania
Local

Huntington, WV

#4 May 29, 2012
Another discrepancy: everyone in the movie has teeth.
somebody

United States

#5 May 29, 2012
Local wrote:
Another discrepancy: everyone in the movie has teeth.
Back then they had teeth. It's now that people don't have any teeth.
morecrap

New York, NY

#6 May 30, 2012
this hatfield mccoy crap is a disgrace to our town. we dont have no place for trash like that in town.
chub

Gilbert, WV

#7 May 30, 2012
If they get rid of you they might.
Foshizzle

Ashburn, VA

#8 May 30, 2012
morecrap wrote:
this hatfield mccoy crap is a disgrace to our town. we dont have no place for trash like that in town.
Nope. No room for trash like that because of all the druggies, alcoholics, tramps, and theives we've got infecting the place today.

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#9 May 31, 2012
Foshizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No room for trash like that because of all the druggies, alcoholics, tramps, and theives we've got infecting the place today.
You got that right! Southern West virginia has been taken over by those you mentioned. It is very unsafe to live there now beause of the violence and the constant criminal activity. I know older people there who are afraid to leave their homes to go to medical appointments, etc.,for fear of what will happen to their property while they are gone. Insurance companies are taking advantage and overcharging residents on home and car insurance because of thes hoodlums. The hatfields and Mccoys were kindergarten level compared to the trash that has ruined the communities in Southern West Virginia.

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#10 May 31, 2012
chub wrote:
Romania
It offends me that the producers of this movie went to a foreign counmtry to make this film. Doing it in West Virginia and Kentucky would have given a badly needed boost to the economy and would have provided authenticity to the film, something it badly needs. The movie is full of errors, errors that display a lack of respect for the truth; so I have written to the History Channel about those things. Probably a waste of time, however.
Rick

Goodlettsville, TN

#11 May 31, 2012
You know what the Community needs to do? They need to start trying to trick the thieves so we can go ahead and kill them all off. Like have the husband stay at home or park your car somewhere else for a couple days and the first person who comes through your door blow there F'in brains out. You don't get rid of pest by letting them live and hoping they don't breed. You kill them MF'ers and hope it helps the breed become extinct.
I believe

Danville, WV

#12 May 31, 2012
I do agree that the movie should have been filmed here. Who agreed on it being filmed else where. I thought the movie was great. The cussing should have been cut some. This our history and our area should have been credit for it by filming it here. But then again look what's happen to the trails, it all began here in Matewan and what have we done let the other area take over it. A lot of this is to blame on the town people,we voted in. Do to this simple fact electing people like we do. Matewan will never be nothing and that means the rotary club and all the elected people. It's all a click for them. Look at the lowes building what's it for Not a thing to service the public same as the high school, they are getting another useless cause
I believe

Danville, WV

#13 May 31, 2012
And I forgot to mention the Matewan Depot it looks dead most of the time. But who's over that. There should be things going on at all times. Matewan has money in their hands that can be made from out history, but too dumb to do anything with it.
STOP THE INSANITY

Weaverville, NC

#14 May 31, 2012
Logan wrote:
Too bad that Prof. Richardson and the producers of the movie didn't learn how to pronounce Johnse Hatfield's name correctly. It is NOT "John-sey" but Johnse, pronounced "Johnsuh".
This is what makes me crazy. People like the prof who thinks they know all tell all and then get a t v movie out of it and they make tons of money and the folks who really know what is what get zilch.

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#15 May 31, 2012
STOP THE INSANITY wrote:
<quoted text> This is what makes me crazy. People like the prof who thinks they know all tell all and then get a t v movie out of it and they make tons of money and the folks who really know what is what get zilch.
That always seems to be the case. I doubt any of the descendents of either side benefitted from this movie, but the Professor and moviemakers certainly did. If it had been made where it happened, local people could have been extras in the film, businesses would have benefitted, and the communities, as well. The History Channel probably saved lots of money by going to Romania.
Hattiebelle

United States

#16 May 31, 2012
What makes Bill Richarson such an expert? Why didn't they go to Logan county and talk to Devil Anse's family about the feud. Why would tourists want to come to Mingo county, when there is nothing there.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#17 Feb 28, 2013
the entire hatfield and mccoy thing is a load of bull shit and is stupid. the whites of wv are better than them
chub

Gilbert, WV

#19 Mar 1, 2013
You seem to know a lot about those possums. Maybe you was shot at and didn't stop running until you made it to Florida.
Hagatha May

Orlando, FL

#20 Mar 1, 2013
chub wrote:
You seem to know a lot about those possums. Maybe you was shot at and didn't stop running until you made it to Florida.
No Possum, we employeed a lot of them as gardeners and housekeepers. They are not the most trustworthy workers nor are they the best at cleaning. We own a lovely estate in WV and have used many of them as domestics. However their personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. The men chew and spit and the women have never heard of vinegar and water. Maybe thats why they smell so horrid, all that tobacco juice "down there". TaTa for now Lady of Quality

“IM A BIG FAT POSSUM.”

Since: Feb 13

Orlando,FL

#21 Mar 2, 2013
Hagatha May wrote:
Possums, You are so cute on here going on and on about which you know nothing. Do you honestly think a first rate movie production company would come to such a poverty stricken area. And no actors would be interested in staying at one of your flea bag motels and eating at one of your greasy diners while filming. And as far as locals being used as extras, Possums Paaaaaaallllllllllleeeeeze. Your drug infested,toothless and uneducated locals couldn't even remember where to stand or sit. Face it possums, America is fascinated with you ignorant hillbillies, but froma distance. Now, the Wrong Turn movies could have been filmed in your area and the movie companies could have saved a fortune on makeup for the freaks they portrayed. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
Possums don't pay no attention to me see I'm a tranny and I'm trying to come to grips with what a freak I am.I was born a man but have such a thing for hillbilly guys.Possums I'm not rich either but I'm trying to save up for my sex change but its hard to do on SSI.Ta Ta for now lady of overhanging abundance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Restaurant review: Tacos Don Cuco is classic Me... 42 min Richard Crosno 3
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... 3 hr Fart news 710
News CHARITIES have got a real problem in 2015 and i... 4 hr ovais77 5
News Six Vegetarian Dishes at St. Louis Barbecue Res... 6 hr DARPA 2
News George Zimmerman Trolls Obama On Twitter After ... 12 hr Unacceptable 1
News VA scandal fallout: federal employee groups fig... 13 hr Lets Monitor This 2
News Slick Cups Announces A Sale To Celebrate Nation... 15 hr Kevn 1
More from around the web