Interracial marriages hit a new high in U.S.

Feb 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: HeraldNet

The figures come from previous censuses as well as the 2008-2010 American Community Survey , which surveys 3 million households annually.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

I wonder how many purely 100% Yamato Japanese people there are in America...
Word of Advice

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Judged:

I wonder how many people exclusively look for interracial relationships and exclude their own race and does that speak of genuineness or trend?
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Judged:

Word of Advice wrote:
I wonder how many people exclusively look for interracial relationships and exclude their own race and does that speak of genuineness or trend?
I exclusively look interracially, and exclude my own race. I don't tell others what to do, and I don't tolerate othes telling me what to do.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

There will be an increase of interracial relationships no doubt.

However there will always be a certain number of people that would never be involved in an interracial relationship. Humans naturally want to be with those who look and act similarly to them.

There will always be a minority of Whites who will stick to their own kind and control the country's wealth.

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Judged:

Vivek Golikeri wrote:
<quoted text>
I exclusively look interracially, and exclude my own race. I don't tell others what to do, and I don't tolerate othes telling me what to do.
On the other hand, most people look exclusively within their own race and don't appreciate other people telling them what to do either.

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Judged:

AussiPino wrote:
There will be an increase of interracial relationships no doubt.
However there will always be a certain number of people that would never be involved in an interracial relationship. Humans naturally want to be with those who look and act similarly to them.
There will always be a minority of Whites who will stick to their own kind and control the country's wealth.
True enough!
Jeff

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Judged:

Interracial marriage rates are at an all-time high in the United States, with the percentage of couples exchanging vows across the color line more than doubling over the last 30 years.

But Asian-Americans are reversing that trend, increasingly choosing their soul mates from "among their own expanding community".

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/fashion/mor...

Asians are increasingly sticking with each other, according to that New York Times published article.

“Antichristian Soldier”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Judged:

In places such as California or any region with a high Asian American population, they have always been more likely to stick to their own.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

if someone is bi-racial, are they a different "race"?

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

TheJazuma wrote:
if someone is bi-racial, are they a different "race"?
Mostly no, Elvis Presley, Johnny Depp, the Jonus Brothers are part Native American, but they're Whites.
Melissa R

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Asians are marrying out less.
Anonymous

Coarsegold, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

I am a 3rd generation Japanese American and I grew up in San Francisco and during the 60's and 70"s I dated mostly white girls, including one from Denmark and one from Ireland. Only one Japanese, one Chinese, one black and one Latina. I eventually married (36 yrs now) an American Indian.
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

gorath caesar 666 wrote:
In places such as California or any region with a high Asian American population, they have always been more likely to stick to their own.
Depends on the generation and the degree of assimilation. Those devoted to their heritage are less likely to marry out. And those like myself who keep some things from my Indian heritage but toss away the general matrix are more likely to leave the fold.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Asian male/ Black female relationships have been getting a lot of attention lately

http://blackwomenasianmen.tumblr.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Life Forum right now

Search the Life Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Child care food program at risk of less funding 14 min Thanks One 10
Abortion is just a part of God's plan 1 hr truelogic 3
Obamas want daughters to get taste of life on m... 1 hr Responsibility 338
Commentary: Don't compare the Hudson Project to... 2 hr angmast62 1
First lady vows to 'fight' healthy school-lunch... 3 hr cancer suxs 22
Pacific Wings wins DOT contract - Business News (Jul '09) 5 hr topic investigator 4
Green Mountain Christian Center's pig roast is ... 5 hr UNION MAN 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••