Croatian Veterans to 'Defend' Vukovar...

Croatian Veterans to 'Defend' Vukovar Against Cyrillic

There are 64 comments on the BalkanInsight.com story from Feb 26, 2013, titled Croatian Veterans to 'Defend' Vukovar Against Cyrillic. In it, BalkanInsight.com reports that:

War veterans associations have vowed to prevent the official introduction of Cyrillic script and the Serbian language into the Croatian city "by any means necessary". "We will prevent the introduction of Cyrillic street signs, and the government should be held responsible for all possible undesirable events," the Headquarters for the Defence of ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BalkanInsight.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Noranda, Australia

#1 Feb 26, 2013
This is wrong, the Croatian govrnment should be thrown out the door.

I might lobby for Croatian street signs here in Australia
Anti-Xenophobe

Woodbridge, Canada

#2 Mar 9, 2013
Parastam wrote:
This is wrong, the Croatian govrnment should be thrown out the door.
I might lobby for Croatian street signs here in Australia
Youre a xenophobic Nazi, along with the majority of the Croats living in Vukovar... regardless of its current status or past, it is equally a city of the serbs as it is of the croats, thus of course the serbs cannot be illegally declared a national minority in that city
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#3 Mar 10, 2013
Anti-Xenophobe wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre a xenophobic Nazi, along with the majority of the Croats living in Vukovar... regardless of its current status or past, it is equally a city of the serbs as it is of the croats, thus of course the serbs cannot be illegally declared a national minority in that city
Croats are not scared.
What PHOBIA?
And we Serbs just love to play with Croats.
Sometimes we got hurt,sometimes,they got hurt,but it is all just fun.

We just LOVE to fight..
Is that right,Crotat Ustasha?
truth

Perth, Australia

#4 Mar 10, 2013
then
why you run
only 3x kingdom
-trees flora fauna
-animals
-humans
MAKS

Australia

#5 Apr 16, 2013
We should have liberated Vukovar during OLUJA then we would not have the cirilica problem in Vukovar today.

A lesson for the Albanians of Kosovo, clean out the trash in Mitrovica thoroughlly so that the smell doesn't hang around for years to come!
tbc

Berlin, Germany

#6 Apr 16, 2013
MAKS wrote:
We should have liberated Vukovar during OLUJA then we would not have the cirilica problem in Vukovar today.
A lesson for the Albanians of Kosovo, clean out the trash in Mitrovica thoroughlly so that the smell doesn't hang around for years to come!
MAKS you don't like your own smell? Your mouth smell really badly. Are you trying to mask your own odour by being so loud? Doesn't help.
Ivan the Bosanac

Australia

#7 Apr 17, 2013
Cyrillic street signs were torn down before....

They will be torn down again.

What's the problem?
VojnikCro

Croydon, UK

#8 Jun 24, 2013
We should throw all of the Serbs out of Vukovar and burn there houses then there would be no problem
Dalmatin

Adelaide, Australia

#9 Jun 24, 2013
What is the big deal ?

Alot of countries have multi-lingual street signs incl. montenegro, serbia, south africa, israel etc.
VojnikCro

Loughborough, UK

#10 Jun 30, 2013
Dalmatin wrote:
What is the big deal ?
Alot of countries have multi-lingual street signs incl. montenegro, serbia, south africa, israel etc.
Because its in Vukovar where the want to put Cyrillic signs in that's the big deal all of the shit Serbs did there
josh04

Dorchester, UK

#11 Jul 20, 2013
Personally, I think the bilingual signs are a great step towards reconciliation between the segregated Serb and Croat ghettos not only in Vukovar, but across the country. However, I am thinking that it is kind of soon, and I do see things from those who are opposed to it, I suppose its like putting bilingual German signs in Warsaw and Auschwitz, kinda insensitive :/
dinamo bad ass

Dorchester, UK

#12 Jul 20, 2013
josh04 wrote:
Personally, I think the bilingual signs are a great step towards reconciliation between the segregated Serb and Croat ghettos not only in Vukovar, but across the country. However, I am thinking that it is kind of soon, and I do see things from those who are opposed to it, I suppose its like putting bilingual German signs in Warsaw and Auschwitz, kinda insensitive :/
Nice one M8 its so easy these days for croats to hate serbs for no reason But you on the otherhand seem to have a Good understanding. That not all serbs are bad and we should get along

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#13 Jul 20, 2013
dinamo bad ass wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one M8 its so easy these days for croats to hate serbs for no reason But you on the otherhand seem to have a Good understanding. That not all serbs are bad and we should get along
i agree,but it doesn't mean we should have their signs up in Vukovar,it's rubbing salt into many wounds
kreso

Belmont, Australia

#14 Jul 23, 2013
i can think of plenty of reasons - you obviously don't have relatives who were shot, killed, had their homes destroyed and belongings stolen by their 'friendly serbian neighbors' only 20 yrs ago!

Don't forget whilst the serbs were committing shocking acts for the whole world to see, they received full support from both their countrymen and church.
dinamo bad ass wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one M8 its so easy these days for croats to hate serbs for no reason But you on the otherhand seem to have a Good understanding. That not all serbs are bad and we should get along
PavelicSydney

Fairfield, Australia

#16 Dec 26, 2014
AJMO AJMO USTASE ZAP ZIVIO VUKOVAR LIPA
Serbs on tour because of oluja
PARAGA

Eastwood, Australia

#17 Dec 27, 2014
dinamo bad ass wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one M8 its so easy these days for croats to hate serbs for no reason But you on the otherhand seem to have a Good understanding. That not all serbs are bad and we should get along
No reason? Are your for real? Are you that gulable? Yes, how easy it is to forget what the serbs did and wanted to do, I have not forgotten and I know what they think deep down and I know what they still want

You must of been a dirty big jugo, thats why you still have a soft spot for them
Dr Milan Sufflay

Adelaide, Australia

#18 Dec 29, 2014
josh04 wrote:
Personally, I think the bilingual signs are a great step towards reconciliation between the segregated Serb and Croat ghettos not only in Vukovar, but across the country. However, I am thinking that it is kind of soon, and I do see things from those who are opposed to it, I suppose its like putting bilingual German signs in Warsaw and Auschwitz, kinda insensitive :/
Warsaw & Auschwitz are bad examples, as there are no significant German minorities living there as there are Serbs in Vukovar, pluss there was no deliberate Serb policy of genocide in Vukovar to the best of my knowledge like there was in Warsaw & Auschwitz at the hands of the Nazi Germans
ZAP

Belmont, Australia

#19 Jan 2, 2015
"pluss there was no deliberate Serb policy of genocide in Vukovar "......yugoslav apologist turned cetnik apologist....you might want to brush up on your history fwit and check what those animals did to that city and so many other cities......same story over and over again: bomb, kill, rape, torture, steal (not to mention the odd mass execution).......if that wasnt a deliberate plan then you dont jerkoff to titos picture every night!
pocahontas

Mississauga, Canada

#20 Jan 2, 2015
How many people are aware that while Croatia still had mandatory army service citizens who were of Serbian background were exempt from serving in consideration of their sensibilites. Why is it that no such consideration is given to the sensibilites of Croats in Vukovar? The worst part of this entire situation is the fact that it's not Serbs who cooked up this mess, but this Croat government and I hope that such things are not forgotten when elections come around.
Dr Milan Sufflay

Glandore, Australia

#21 Jan 2, 2015
ZAP wrote:
"pluss there was no deliberate Serb policy of genocide in Vukovar "......yugoslav apologist turned cetnik apologist....you might want to brush up on your history fwit and check what those animals did to that city and so many other cities......same story over and over again: bomb, kill, rape, torture, steal (not to mention the odd mass execution).......if that wasnt a deliberate plan then you dont jerkoff to titos picture every night!
They were random acts of violence but no deliberate act of genocide unlike in Bosnia

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 1 hr Truth 8
News Grandfather says three teenage armed robbers 'd... 3 hr payme 47
News Ontario Farmer 8 hr r Syrians at Meaford 1
News Environmentalists Are Dead Wrong 12 hr Defeat Maxine Waters 1
News Pizza place coming to downtown corridor 16 hr Sally Mander 10
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) 19 hr RTIC 2
News Holy 'trivialities' 22 hr USS LIBERTY 2
More from around the web