Socorro ISD honors El Paso soldier, e...

Socorro ISD honors El Paso soldier, educator

There are 23 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 16, 2013, titled Socorro ISD honors El Paso soldier, educator. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

A Socorro soldier who has been classified as missing in action for 42 years in Vietnam is being honored permanently.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

El Paso, TX

#1 Jan 17, 2013
What a Great Honored bestowed on this Man and Family. Another American Hero! Rest in Peace!
AREU5REAL

El Paso, TX

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Vaya con Dios.
SocorroTxTranspl ant

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Mar 28, 2013
It is about time Manuel Puentes gets HONORED!
Monkeymaster

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 28, 2013
SocorroTxTransplant wrote:
It is about time Manuel Puentes gets HONORED!
he sounds like a mojado.
SocorroTxTranspl ant

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Apr 1, 2013
It is very clear you were not born and raised in Socorro. Those of us who grew up together, and knew everyone de Socorro Viejo, Moon City, Cowboy Park, Buford and Rio Vista, and all the ranchitos. We were small, but very UNITED. Manny was not a an academic scholar, or was in sports, but he WAS one of us..........a native SOCORRENO. I feel sorry for anyone who would try to tarnish his name and all the other veterans de Socorro and this GREAT COUNTRY. Maybe you should try join the miltary and get some discipline, motivation and direction on your life. MANNY is and will always be one of us!
David Villanueva

United States

#7 Apr 1, 2013
SocorroTxTransplant wrote:
It is very clear you were not born and raised in Socorro. Those of us who grew up together, and knew everyone de Socorro Viejo, Moon City, Cowboy Park, Buford and Rio Vista, and all the ranchitos. We were small, but very UNITED. Manny was not a an academic scholar, or was in sports, but he WAS one of us..........a native SOCORRENO. I feel sorry for anyone who would try to tarnish his name and all the other veterans de Socorro and this GREAT COUNTRY. Maybe you should try join the miltary and get some discipline, motivation and direction on your life. MANNY is and will always be one of us!
Well said. Most of the people in this forum couldn't carry his jockstrap. I know the are well because I used to take my girlfriend to Moon City at night to make out. I was always hoping that she would take the name of that village literally, but she never did and I never got more than a kiss from her. But anyway, this is a well deserved honor and we should all be thankful for men like him.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#8 Apr 1, 2013
David Villanueva wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. Most of the people in this forum couldn't carry his jockstrap. I know the are well because I used to take my girlfriend to Moon City at night to make out. I was always hoping that she would take the name of that village literally, but she never did and I never got more than a kiss from her. But anyway, this is a well deserved honor and we should all be thankful for men like him.
But you're good at removing a man's jockstrap and playing with wang.
David Villanueva

United States

#9 Apr 1, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>But you're good at removing a man's jockstrap and playing with wang.
You have one hell of a way of showing your appreciation to other veterans, if you served at all. I'll bet you were refused entry for your incompetence and your insolence. If you really served, name the ship and rank of your military career.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#10 Apr 1, 2013
David Villanueva wrote:
<quoted text>
You have one hell of a way of showing your appreciation to other veterans, if you served at all. I'll bet you were refused entry for your incompetence and your insolence. If you really served, name the ship and rank of your military career.
My jock awaits your inspection.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#11 Apr 1, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>But you're good at removing a man's jockstrap and playing with wang.
You are a coward, thief and and imposter. You need to apologize to MR Villanueva.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#12 Apr 1, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>You are a coward, thief and and imposter. You need to apologize to MR Villanueva.
Villanueva is just an old fart waiting around to die. Besides he has a criminal history and I wont put up with criminals telling me what to do.
DJ Jessy Fresh

United States

#13 Apr 1, 2013
Monkeymaster wrote:
<quoted text>
he sounds like a mojado.
i wonder if he has been living juarez all this time,has anybody checked to see if he has been cashing his checks
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#14 Apr 1, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Villanueva is just an old fart waiting around to die. Besides he has a criminal history and I wont put up with criminals telling me what to do.
Prove he is a criminal, Names, dates, times and convictions if you dare. IMPOSTER
Seeker

United States

#15 Apr 1, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Prove he is a criminal, Names, dates, times and convictions if you dare. IMPOSTER
Is it true that you are a bald turd? I heard it so prove to me that you are not.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#16 Apr 1, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Prove he is a criminal, Names, dates, times and convictions if you dare. IMPOSTER
DWI. Please check out busted in El Paso archives.
Paddy

El Paso, TX

#17 Apr 1, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Prove he is a criminal, Names, dates, times and convictions if you dare. IMPOSTER
Do your own research you turd.
Larry Driscoll

El Paso, TX

#18 Apr 1, 2013
Paddy wrote:
<quoted text>Do your own research you turd.
I am not going to let my wife give you any more hummers if you keep acting the fool.
Pam Geldar

United States

#19 Apr 1, 2013
Larry Driscoll wrote:
<quoted text>I am not going to let my wife give you any more hummers if you keep acting the fool.
I really like your whole free wheeling, free swinging attitude. Do you think you'd be interested in going to this new nudie club? You would have to strip down butt naked in order to come.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#20 Apr 1, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>DWI. Please check out busted in El Paso archives.
Conviction date not arrest date. 1st offense, 2nd offense or third offense? You fricking imposter.
DJ Jessy Fresh

United States

#21 Apr 2, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Conviction date not arrest date. 1st offense, 2nd offense or third offense? You fricking imposter.
You are in the Naval reserves? I'm not going to answer your questions, then because I only recognize active duty servicemen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 21 min Thinking 238
News Islam shares long tradition in Toledo area (Jun '16) 1 hr dcool 389
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 2 hr EggRollPhartz 166
News "Pussies" Grab Back 2 hr IDONTKNOW 24
News Looking Back: As Canada turns 150 3 hr lookin at today 1
News 2 men questioned over MLK Day shooting of 8, th... 4 hr Moishe Keisterbalm 3
News Hallmark Delivers a 'Christmas Card' (Nov '07) 5 hr COL Jeremy US NAVY 84
More from around the web